Zlatan Ibrahimovic (31 Viewers)

Ibra to Juve again, yes or no?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
exactly. lewa isnt a carrier, he's a finisher.
Lewandowski still leads the line, unlike what a pure poacher generally does.

BVB's goals in Madrid in the group, for instance, were down to him doing the classic centre-forward thing of winning headers that he flicked on into the path of on-rushing midfielders who were breaking beyond Real's defence.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Broadly speaking.

How many goals do you expect from a target man, given that a target man has significant responsibilities beyond goal scoring?

Llorente has a goal every 2.2 appearances in the league over the last four seasons (excuding this season where he has barely played) in a team that isn't that great and required a lot from him in terms of link-up play.

Maintaining that average would give him 14 goals (if he made 30 league appearances next season), though playing in a stronger team that should need to him less in build up play should given him every chance to improve on that average, even if 14 goals wouldn't be a bad return for a first season playing in a new league.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Broadly speaking.

How many goals do you expect from a target man, given that a target man has significant responsibilities beyond goal scoring?

Llorente has a goal every 2.2 appearances in the league over the last four seasons (excuding this season where he has barely played) in a team that isn't that great and required a lot from him in terms of link-up play.

Maintaining that average would give him 14 goals (if he made 30 league appearances next season), though playing in a stronger team that should need to him less in build up play should given him every chance to improve on that average, even if 14 goals wouldn't be a bad return for a first season playing in a new league.
I just looked at his overall record for Bilbao, also considering this season and concluded that a ratio of less than 0.33 goals per game wasn't enough. 14 goals is a satisfactory return, I say - not outstanding like I would expect from a player rated so highly.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Not wanting Zlatan? Besides the fact that he will finally gets us 20 goals + per season, he will also give us around 15 assists every year.

We play 3-5-2 which means that we have two very isolated strikers up front and nothing else in terms of offense. We use no real wingers(only defenders as wingbacks) or offensive midfielders which basically means that we need to have two really, really good and individually skilled players who can carry the whole offense on their shoulders. Having a machine like Zlatan who is known for doing that year after year is extremely important. Zlatan could also get Llorente going and we'd have 2 twin towers that could do some real damage on the offensive end.

TrezJuve

May 26, 2010
Not wanting Zlatan? Besides the fact that he will finally gets us 20 goals + per season, he will also give us around 15 assists every year.

We play 3-5-2 which means that we have two very isolated strikers up front and nothing else in terms of offense. We use no real wingers(only defenders as wingbacks) or offensive midfielders which basically means that we need to have two really, really good and individually skilled players who can carry the whole offense on their shoulders. Having a machine like Zlatan who is known for doing that year after year is extremely important. Zlatan could also get Llorente going and we'd have 2 twin towers that could do some real damage on the offensive end.
Agreed with everything.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I'm honestly on the fence with regard to the Llorente transfer. It's a good piece of business on a free, what I mean is, in terms of his profile. I don't see him as an out and out CF, so while we are looking for an SS/AM/RWF to play alongside him depending on the formation we choose to play, I'm not seeing him solve the issues we've had thus far. Yes, it would make a difference to have somebody with opposing characteristics to complement his play, but I just hope it's not going to find us in a similar situation as playing Vucinic-Gio. Lewa in that regard for me at least would be a better fit technically. Not that we're in the market form him, but that's just the way I see it. I've also got to say, coming off the season Llorente has had where he's barely played, he's going to have to pretty much hit the ground running in Italy, and that's always hard to do when switching leagues, which in this case are tactically different.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
"Good" piece of business?

We are talking about a striker who was coveted by Real Madrid, Barca, Arsenal and Tottenham, and we signed him for FREE. It's fantastic business by us, because even if he doesnt work out for whatever reason (which won't be the case IMO) we can sell him for a profit.

And I think Llorente suits Conte's tactics. Strong, tall target man with great technique and ball control and obviously great in the air. Much better than our other strikers. I just hope we do sign a new creative attacking player as well.

Trezegol17

Nov 1, 2006
All things aside, Zlatan is a great football player and yes he would be a huge upgrade.

BUT how will our lockerroom wil respond to someone as dominant as Zlatan is? Zlatan would be the first who will step up against conte if he doesn't get's his way.

We don't want to outbalance the squad now do we?

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
All things aside, Zlatan is a great football player and yes he would be a huge upgrade.

BUT how will our lockerroom wil respond to someone as dominant as Zlatan is? Zlatan would be the first who will step up against conte if he doesn't get's his way.

We don't want to outbalance the squad now do we?
I think Zlatan is a great footballer. I don't think anyone would disagree to that. But with him in the team, he will be the team. There's no denying that. People thinking Conte will change his attitude and make him bleed on the pitch and stuff like that, need to remember that we are talking about a player set in his ways. Not a youngster or someone looking to prove a point. I'd rather have someone like Suarez (as mental as he is) or to a lesser extent Sanchez to compliment our main striker than have Zlatan. We are a strong team based on good individuals, not a good team based on strong individuals. I don't want that to change. I don't want us to be a pass the ball to Zlatan team the next couple of seasons. That'll be a waste of the good work Conte has achieved so far.

Also, Zlatan is a douche :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)