Zlatan Ibrahimovic (10 Viewers)

Ibra to Juve again, yes or no?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
You guys are horrible overrating lewandowski based on 1 game

Go watch the games of dortmund versus city, where he basically screwed them with a hole bunch of misses.

lewandowski is good for dortmund's style of play.

We play diffrent, and llorente is MUCH more suited to our style, especially when we can pair him with a quick scoring SS

so yes, for juve, llorente is better. lewandowski would actually be good at napoli tbh

TrezJuve

May 26, 2010
You guys are horrible overrating lewandowski based on 1 game

Go watch the games of dortmund versus city, where he basically screwed them with a hole bunch of misses.

lewandowski is good for dortmund's style of play.

We play diffrent, and llorente is MUCH more suited to our style, especially when we can pair him with a quick scoring SS

so yes, for juve, llorente is better. lewandowski would actually be good at napoli tbh
Do you base your evaluation of Lewandowski on one match?

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Being more suited for Juve doesn't mean he's better.
Both are very situational players. You cannot say who is "better" without naming circumstances.

team that needs a presence up front, targetman with technical ability that can play with back to goal and is a good finisher : llorente is better
team that plays quick paced counter attacks, and need an allround classic 9 : lewandowski is better, when not having his occasional horrific finishing games

as you can see, unless we get a very consistent, domminant creative SS thats not a great scorer, llorente is better at juventus then lewandowski

- - - Updated - - -

Do you base your evaluation of Lewandowski on one match?
Is juventus an effective fast paced counterattacking team that has a presence up front and dont need the ST to be the presence ?

lewandowski fits pretty well in dortmund, or for example napoli.

juve needs a diffrent kind of player

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Sorry, I meant Juve overall. I don't see him fitting in Conte's plan nor scoring more than 15 goals like he does in other teams unless Conte changes the system for him.
You may well be right in that regard.

If Conte keeps the 3-5-2 (3-5-1-1, given that one of the forwards almost always plays more like a trequartista than as a centre-forward), Ibrahimovic would probably be trequartista and be given the primarily creative role that Vucinic has had this season, rather than leading the line as he does for PSG and as he did for Milan and Inter.

Now, playing like a trequartista is by no means new to him as that is where he tends to play for Sweden, I believe, but it is entirely possible that that role would result in him not scoring all that many goals, though he could still have a hugely posistive role in the team playing there even if he didn't score a lot of goals.

Vucinic, for instance, has had a very good season this year, but isn't going to end up with many goals in Serie A (10-12, probably). Ibrahimovic is, of course, a significantly better player than Vucinic and he has more of a goal-scorers instinct, so would be likely to get a few more goal than Vucinic all thing being equal.

Llorente is better then lewandowski
I'd say they are on a similar level.

Both are very good players, but neither have really had the chance to prove themself capable of consistently making the difference at the top level.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Both are very situational players. You cannot say who is "better" without naming circumstances.

team that needs a presence up front, targetman with technical ability that can play with back to goal and is a good finisher : llorente is better
team that plays quick paced counter attacks, and need an allround classic 9 : lewandowski is better, when not having his occasional horrific finishing games

as you can see, unless we get a very consistent, domminant creative SS thats not a great scorer, llorente is better at juventus then lewandowski
You're still talking about who is more suited for where. I'm not saying which is the better, cus I don't know, but they're two different things.

Totti with his style of play might flop in England for example, where Walcott is pretty successful, yet we can safely say that Totti is better than Walcott.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
exactly, simular level

but obviously this juve needs llorente rather then lewa.

unless we had zlatan

- - - Updated - - -

You're still talking about who is more suited for where. I'm not saying which is the better, cus I don't know, but they're two different things.

Totti with his style of play might flop in England for example, where Walcott is pretty successful, yet we can safely say that Totti is better than Walcott.
in that regard, as red said, they are both same level players.

wait untill his hype for the 4 goals is gone to see it clear ;)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
exactly, simular level

but obviously this juve needs llorente rather then lewa.

unless we had zlatan
All depends on who you are pairing them with.

If Juve were to only sign one forward for next season (i.e. someone to play with Vucinic) it would probably have been better for it to be Lewandowski than Llorente.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I've been reading people here hyping Lewa a long time before yesterday.
Yeah, I've been talking up Lewandowski for a couple of years.

There are just so few forwards who are able to lead the line properly as well as scoring a lot of goals.

Llorente, in Spain at least, was also able to do exactly that.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
All depends on who you are pairing them with.

If Juve were to only sign one forward for next season (i.e. someone to play with Vucinic) it would probably have been better for it to be Lewandowski than Llorente.
Well, there are more "fast skillfull SS" to pair llorente with, then "genious domminant SS" to pair lewa with.

suarez/draxler/isco - llorente, or ibra - lewa

basically

- - - Updated - - -

Every striker has a bad game here and there, few play as well as he did yesterday.
zlatan scored 4 goals against england. Now tell me zlatan is an exceptionally gifted player. also consider he was carrying sweden, whilst lewa is beeing carried by a fantastic dortmund team

One is clearly more proven than the other however.
Yes thats true. llorente has a better history then lewa.

llorente way key in bilbao's eufa cup final and spanish cup final

lewa was a nobody in first title, and good in the second

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)