Zlatan Ibrahimovic (31 Viewers)

Ibra to Juve again, yes or no?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
More like there will be silly people that like him.
You know better than that. We aren't spoilt with talent like him here in Sweden and it's difficult not to like him. What you see as character issues, many of us (immigrant Swedes and Balkan people mostly :D) consider perfectly normal.

Not to mention the fact that I enjoy the way he plays.

Azzurri7 said:
Official thread or just normal pages?
Not sure what you mean by official but they have posts in them from different time periods, so the threads are probably reused.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Not sure if any of you here have met him, I have twice (not just as in just passing him by, but talked to him for a while), and yeah, even if he has a stubborn and immature way of handling setbacks, he is in overall a quite cool and suprisingly (for his bad media rep) quite nice mofo.

Even if I only like him for how he plays mainly, the dude is pretty chill. You would hardly think he is a prick this or that, if you just meet him. Pretty laid back not that annoyingly arrogant approach as you might think (confidence yes) towards people despite his acheivement.

I met unknown little mofos like Heinok Goitom, who act like they are the King of the World just because they are a pro footballer, the same with few allsvenska players. THOSE are filled with annoyingly obnoxious air of arrogance, Zlatan in comparison is too chill to even be near exuding that kind of attitude. As I said, you would be suprised considering the perception most have of him.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Not sure if any of you here have met him, I have twice (not just as in just passing him by, but talked to him for a while), and yeah, even if he has a stubborn and immature way of handling setbacks, he is in overall a quite cool and suprisingly (for his bad media rep) quite nice mofo.

Even if I only like him for how he plays mainly, the dude is pretty chill. You would hardly think he is a prick this or that, if you just meet him. Pretty laid back not that annoyingly arrogant approach as you might think (confidence yes) towards people despite his acheivement.

I met unknown little mofos like Heinok Goitom, who act like they are the King of the World just because they are a pro footballer, the same with few allsvenska players. THOSE are filled with annoyingly obnoxious air of arrogance, Zlatan in comparison is too chill to even be near exuding that kind of attitude. As I said, you would be suprised considering the perception most have of him.
All those who met him, or know someone who met him, say exactly the same thing.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

I hate Zlatan, but that doesn't really surprise me.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
He choked at Barcelona and hasn't won anything with Villareal. He also didn't win any of the WC's with Argentina NT. I don't care for anything else he might have won with Boca Juniors. Did he even win 1 Coppa America??

So what are the titles he won?? Olympic Games Tournament?? Argentinian titles with Boca?? :lol2: You're right, his career is FULL OF HONOURS. Please, Riquelme isn't worth cleaning the laces of truly great players like Zidane and Del Piero. He's just one of the most overrated chokers of the last decade.

wait wait wait, you dont care about anything he has won with boca? then why the fuck are we talking

and as for choking you really dont want to be bringing up del piero's name...

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I know, it shouldnt and doesnt suprise that many if you just think a little, but simpletons who dislike him as a player attribute automatically all the necessary negative qualities to him as a person to just because they dont like him as a player, without really not knowing him at all.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
He choked at Barcelona and hasn't won anything with Villareal. He also didn't win any of the WC's with Argentina NT. I don't care for anything else he might have won with Boca Juniors. Did he even win 1 Coppa America??

So what are the titles he won?? Olympic Games Tournament?? Argentinian titles with Boca?? :lol2: You're right, his career is FULL OF HONOURS. Please, Riquelme isn't worth cleaning the laces of truly great players like Zidane and Del Piero. He's just one of the most overrated chokers of the last decade.
I agree.

You know better than that. We aren't spoilt with talent like him here in Sweden and it's difficult not to like him. What you see as character issues, many of us (immigrant Swedes and Balkan people mostly :D) consider perfectly normal.

Not to mention the fact that I enjoy the way he plays.

Not sure what you mean by official but they have posts in them from different time periods, so the threads are probably reused.
If Zlatan was on my National team, I'd probably enjoy him as well.

But considering he's not, screw him.

wait wait wait, you dont care about anything he has won with boca? then why the fuck are we talking

Come on Canardo, you can't deny that Riquelme failed to leave an impression in Europe.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
he put villareal on the map, took em all the way to the Cl semis, i'd hate to speculate on what other players can accomplish that as for his time in barca van gaal didnt want him in the first place so chose to ignore him or play him out of position.

What bothers me Andy is people who probably never saw him play come out and say he's a choker, so how did he exactly choke against germany in the WC?

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Van Gaal never believed in him...and Villareal's best performances in Europe where when Roman was running the show...I wish he had gotten a better environment, who knows what he could have done in Europe

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
he put villareal on the map, took em all the way to the Cl semis, i'd hate to speculate on what other players can accomplish that as for his time in barca van gaal didnt want him in the first place so chose to ignore him or play him out of position.

What bothers me Andy is people who probably never saw him play come out and say he's a choker, so how did he exactly choke against germany in the WC?
So it was all Riquelme that did that? Did he have a hand in the stellar defense? Does he play multiple positions?

Villareal did well because of their great defense, along with some play by Riquelme. He's certainly a good player, but he does seem to choke when the pressure is on. I remember watching a Boca match years ago when all sorts of praise was heaped upon Riquelme, but he didn't do anything that match and it cost Boca the Clausura I think. Then add on the Copa America failure last year, the performances in the Champions League in the latter stages, and also the World Cup, and it becomes clear he goes missing in such matches. This is different from a player such as Zidane who sets alarms off but still manages to get the ball and do something with it.

Don't get me wrong, I love such playmakers, but Riquelme does not get the job done in the most difficult games. I wouldn't have such an opinion on the player otherwise.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
seems only fair to pin all success to him when the other party is doing the same with failure on the other end
once again please provide examples of him chocking, oh like say miss multiple one on ones with the keeper and costing his national team a continental final. Like i said juventus fans shouldnt talk about chokers.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Villareal vs. Arsenal

Brazil vs. Argentina

Boca - San Lorenzo

Barcelona - Real Madrid

Argentina - Mexico

All other Barca matches

Looks like a choker to me.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
He just didn't do anything in the others. One can consider that choking, or one could consider that being marked out of the match. The fans will claim the latter. But either way, the best players get the job done, like Zidane having three players on him for 90.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
If I was a professional, I'd wear a Villareal jersey with Riquelme on the back during the match, and when I score, I'll show the shirt and grab my throat. Proper celebration, huh Jack? :D

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006

I don't consider achievements with Boca a roaring success. I am not trying to undermine Argie players, clubs or their league but for me, winning something domestic in Argetina our South America just doesn't compare with European trophies. He also didn't win much personal honours, as far as I know. Why wouldn't I bring Del Piero into this argument?? His choking can be counted on the fingers of one hand, mostly for Italy. For Juventus he delivered and won trophies with a big contribution on every possible stage. There is really no comparison between Del Piero and Riquelme.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)