Zizou (1 Viewer)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Zidane follows Italian example
Zinedine Zidane has taken a leaf out of Christian Vieri’s book and told Real Madrid he will accept a pay cut. The ex-Juve playmaker said: "I will accept a pay cut because it is good for the game. If players in Italy can do it then that must be the case in Spain as well."

Football Italia

===

However it was not mentioned how much less... ;)

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #5
    That he will take one. You know the whole story with Zizou and his "greed" is misunderstood by many people.

Some people say he left for Real (the real reasons we shall never know but one has good reason to believe such and such) to make cash. But the fact is he didn't ask for the biggest contract, like Figo or Rivaldo probably at Milan. He earns less than Raul and Figo. So that's clearly invalid.

But if you say he left to win at Real, I think that's exactly right, regardless of the money (although he still earns a respectable living). And I'm sure many will find that an equally repulsive argument... :D

Jul 12, 2002
    Rivaldo is getting $4.5m at Milan, like Sheva, Pippo & Maldini ;)

Recoba used to get $8m, Zidane & Figo also Raul 3 of them getting $4.8m ;)

Rivaldo at Barca got $6.5m now -$2m..

BTW Alex nice chat room ;) i used it for a few dayz to let u know :D

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #7
    Well I don't know how official your numbers are but according to sources there was a bit more variation there, my man ;)

Jul 12, 2002
    Go to official sites & see da archieve news when Recoba renewed..inter.it

Abt Milan's players, go to gazzetta.it now..

Real, i remmeber it was on planetfootball & soccerage..

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #9
    soccerage, huh? Sorry but I don't trust them. My numbers were from some magazine, I think France Football ;)

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
    Some people say he left for Real (the real reasons we shall never know but one has good reason to believe such and such) to make cash. But the fact is he didn't ask for the biggest contract, like Figo or Rivaldo probably at Milan. He earns less than Raul and Figo. So that's clearly invalid.

But if you say he left to win at Real, I think that's exactly right, regardless of the money (although he still earns a respectable living). And I'm sure many will find that an equally repulsive argument... :D
    i heard he left because he and the wife wanted better weather

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by JKane ] ++

i heard he left because there is better orange juice in madrid

come on ... :D
    i heard some crap about him saying that every child needing to grow up near the ocean also, so he wanted to go to marseille.

i read news about him leaving years before he did, every time it was for some stupid reason.

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #16
    Oh, you don't think the press blew up everyone of those out of proportion? How do you think they make their living?

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    Oh, you don't think the press blew up everyone of those out of proportion? How do you think they make their living?
    of course i think they do, my point is that it was stupid hearing about zidanes new lousy reason for leaving everyday,`when he stayed for a long time after i started hearing the rumours.

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #18
    Well look at it this way. He said there were matters not quite to his liking but he managed to overcome them and stayed put for 5 years. :)

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    Well look at it this way. He said there were matters not quite to his liking but he managed to overcome them and stayed put for 5 years. :)
    yes, but then he left for REAL, the dark side!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)