Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Works for Ancelotti.

Other italian coaches too are well respected outside of italy imo. This picture of the shitty italian manager is such a tuz thing.
Works if you have a team full of stars because you have more freedom that's for sure. I'm not even saying ALL Italian coaches are horrible but there's no point to chase them if you have two of them that are good. Getting outpaced in Europe is a scary thing, not to mention to constant defending and pussy mentality. On the top of that, football is rather dull, boring and youth is not getting chances. So I'd say it's a combination of things that makes an Italian coach quite horrible.

Buy on AliExpress.com

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Works if you have a team full of stars because you have more freedom that's for sure. I'm not even saying ALL Italian coaches are horrible but there's no point to chase them if you have two of them that are good. Getting outpaced in Europe is a scary thing, not to mention to constant defending and pussy mentality. On the top of that, football is rather dull, boring and youth is not getting chances. So I'd say it's a combination of things that makes an Italian coach quite horrible.
We'll just agree to disagree on all of the above.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Ancelotti and Di Matteo did, sure, but they were coaching foreign clubs/players. You dont get to see plenty of those in Serie A just because of the old mentalty where nationality is more important than quality.
There isnt enough quality in Serie A atm and this has very little to do with Italian clubs reluctance to buy foreign players which I dont think is true, the later. Local players are cheaper and stay at Italian clubs longer. Its not appealing destination to foreigners since EPL is currently NBA of football, like Serie A was back in the 90s. Back then you had plenty of world class foreign players in top clubs. So the fact that Italian coaches go abroad and win domestic and continental titles is a testament how good they are. But you would rather prefer foreign coaches that got beat by those Italians. Doesnt make sense to me.

Last edited:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
So basically it was the 80’s and 90’s Italian coaches. And Ancelotti who is leftover from that era and also coaches the team that has won by far the most trophies and is a consistent threat. 5 different German coaches have won the CL in the past 20 years, while 2 Italians, one of which isn’t relevant anymore. If this is the basis for us always having to hire an Italian coach, try fucking harder.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)