Mar 10, 2009
He said Juve deserved to win against Real Madrid as well.

This forum is turning more and more into an Arsenal forum with so many whiny butthurt fans.
Despite Henry leaving to Barcelona and winning the CL, he always shown his love for Arsenal. Something that Zidane does not appear to have exhibited for Juve, to merit himself a legend status. The fact that he wants to take Pogba to Real doesn't help either.

It is a difficult one, I mean Man Utd fans still consider C.Ronaldo a Man Utd legend, but even he has shown some degree of grattitude towards them.

Dec 26, 2004
He spent virtually his whole carreer at Juve.
and what's more important - won every single trophy there is.
The most important merit. Loyalty.
Spend his entire career at juventus, winning every trophee there is to win, and was part of a midfield that was stronger then anything we've had between 2003 and 2015
As much as I like him as a player and a man, Tacchinardi was a very limited midfielder, I wouldn't even give him a starting spot in the current Juve.

I admire his loyalty, and there are no denying that he won a lot with us, but he contributed far far less than the likes of Zidane and Pirlo to our wins.

Player status with there respective clubs should be measured by contribution not by being around at times while the club was winning all what is there to win, otherwise Barcelona better claim there entire treble winning team as club legends which is obviously not the case.

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
As much as I like him as a player and a man, Tacchinardi was a very limited midfielder, I wouldn't even give him a starting spot in the current Juve.

I admire his loyalty, and there are no denying that he won a lot with us, but he contributed far far less than the likes of Zidane and Pirlo to our wins.

Player status with there respective clubs should be measured by contribution not by being around at times while the club was winning all what is there to win, otherwise Barcelona better claim there entire treble winning team as club legends which is obviously not the case.
Well said.

Dec 26, 2004
You say Tacchinardi is limited. Well, he was less limited then Mascherano.

He was athletic, tenacious and hard as balls. Tactically excellent. Offensively limited ? Maybe, but he had quite the fierce shot.
Fierce shots?!!! Are you sure you are not describing another legend namely Pavel Nedved?

As someone who watched Tacchinardi regularly for more than a decade I am inclined to think that you are largely basing your assessment on reputation, Tacchinardi's shoots was nothing special, powerful maybe but accurate? Hell no! Nine times out of ten his attempted shoots will end up in the stands but you won't see those in a youtube video, you will only know that if you watch him week in week out and prayed to god he won't shoot each time he receive the ball on the edge of the box.

And I won't even comment on the Macherano comparison.

He had a lot of heart, but he was definitely limited. I wouldn't be putting him in a starting 11 of Juve's greatest 11 of all time. In fact, he wouldn't even make the bench.
Agreed.

True, but he was very likable. :D
A very handsome italian who stayed at Juventus for more than a decade, what do you expect? :D

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
He had a lot of heart, but he was definitely limited. I wouldn't be putting him in a starting 11 of Juve's greatest 11 of all time. In fact, he wouldn't even make the bench.
Yeah, but we are comparing him to current lineup. He'd easely form a mid 3 with Pogba, marchisio and himself.

Tacchinardi was a workhorse, tenacious hard midfielder. Tactically excellent. Few defensive minded cm's we had were as good in that regard.

Sure, i'll take deschamps and Davids over him for example. But, as controversial as it sounds, when you'd have Emerson, Vieira and Tacchinardi, Tacchinardi would start with Emerson. Vieira at juve wasent as good.

Damn, if we'd have him in our Cl final instead of Pirlo, what a monsterous central axis that would have been

Marchisio, Tacchinardi, Pogba, Vidal. good luck with that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)