Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
He played for Brazil, so that's not exactly fair to CR7.
Ronaldo plays for Portugal, you make it out as if he plays for Papa New Guinea.

Most complete player I've seen in my lifetime is Batistuta. If the likes of Cavani and Falcao are going for 50-60 in todays game, Batigol would be worth twice that, easily. Absolute animal.

Buy on AliExpress.com

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Ronaldo plays for Portugal, you make it out as if he plays for Papa New Guinea.

Most complete player I've seen in my lifetime is Batistuta. If the likes of Cavani and Falcao are going for 50-60 in todays game, Batigol would be worth twice that, easily. Absolute animal.
Portugal now has nothing on Brazil then. Other than midfield, they're in a pretty bad position. No strikers either.

Batistuta most complete? I dunno man, he was a poacher.

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
Portugal now has nothing on Brazil then. Other than midfield, they're in a pretty bad position. No strikers either.

True, but Portugal are still a decent side, they aren't terrible.

Ah man, you didn't just say that? You can't be very old if you think that of Batistuta.

Crespo was a poacher, Pippo, RVN, Trez etc were poachers.

Batistuta was everything. He was complete, anyone old enough will tell you the same thing.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
:rofl: poacher.

Did you even watch him play? Batigol was immense back in the days. You're getting confused with players like Inzaghi & Lineker. They were poachers. Scoring the bread & butter type goals.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Poachers rely mostly on off the ball movement and have rather poor ball control, dribbling so they're dependable on others to provide them with that good final pass. In Batistuta's case it can't be said as the guy had everything what one complete forward is expected to have.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
True, but Portugal are still a decent side, they aren't terrible.

Ah man, you didn't just say that? You can't be very old if you think that of Batistuta.

Crespo was a poacher, Pippo, RVN, Trez etc were poachers.

Batistuta was everything. He was complete, anyone old enough will tell you the same thing.
I'd say Crespo had a bit more about him than just being a poacher, too.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Crespo was great, his technique was amazing.

i have a question, how high you guys rate Dennis Berkamp, i got him in the top 10 best players i watched. I've been watching football for like 18 years.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Crespo was great, his technique was amazing.

i have a question, how high you guys rate Dennis Berkamp, i got him in the top 10 best players i watched. I've been watching football for like 18 years.
Great in his prime. Excellent technique, shot (remember that Arsenal-Juve game in 2001 :D), creative, provided for himself and his team mates and I as well always rated Berkamp very much. Even in the dawn of his career Berkamp was useful player as his game had many different aspects.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Great in his prime. Excellent technique, shot (remember that Arsenal-Juve game in 2001 :D), creative, provided for himself and his team mates and I as well always rated Berkamp very much.
The way he toyed with Montero and Tudor and delivered a Picture perfect pass to freddy Ljunberg IIRC. :delpiero:

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
The way he toyed with Montero and Tudor and delivered a Picture perfect pass to freddy Ljunberg IIRC. :delpiero:
And the stunning goal he scored in that particular game. It was 25-30m lob iirc or maybe game it was vs Leverkusen but nonetheless great player.

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
I'd say Crespo had a bit more about him than just being a poacher, too.
True, always one of my fav players was Crespo. Amazing off the ball movement.

Funny Cheesio that you bring up Bergkamp, in Paolo Bandini's Serie A column on the guardian website, there is a debate going on in the comments section about who was better between Totti and Bergkamp.

Both in my opinion are at the same level of greatness, amazing technique with a football but both never really did it in Europe or at intl level, although Totti had a very good Euro '00 and Bergkamp had a decent France '98.

Who would you guys have?

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
From what I can recall, Totti always had the powerful driven shot, together with those 'blind' crossfield balls, however Bergkamp had such a wonderful touch and the ball seemed to glide.

This goal was just out of this world

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006

Funny Cheesio that you bring up Bergkamp, in Paolo Bandini's Serie A column on the guardian website, there is a debate going on in the comments section about who was better between Totti and Bergkamp.

Both in my opinion are at the same level of greatness, amazing technique with a football but both never really did it in Europe or at intl level, although Totti had a very good Euro '00 and Bergkamp had a decent France '98.

Who would you guys have?
Totti.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011

Who would you guys have?
Beside '98 WC Berkamp had good '94 WC campaign even though Holland crashed in QF vs Brazil, but he was their best player by far and scorer as well. Totti didn't have the same importance for NT as Berkamp had, mostly because there was enough talent back then in Italy regarding that specific role considering that players like Del Piero were on the bench.

Anyway I'd go with Totti, somehow always liked him, appreciated his immense talent, movement with the ball, clever passes and naturally the fact that I've seen him much more in his prime could also be one of the reasons for my preference.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Both legends.But in crunch situations,i would have my money on Bergkamp to put in a much better performance than Totti.I always got the feeling that Totti didn't always step up in crunch situations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)