Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
He was an artist, although truth be told he only turned up for us vs big sides, when we were away to the Brescias or Piacenzas, Zidane might as well have been sitting back in Turin with his feet up.

The only 2 big games I never seen him turn up for was the 97 and 98 CL finals.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
0:21 LoL!.

This man was supreme. I never saw Platini, dona or Pele play, but im pretty sure those 3 did not have the level and masterfullnes of this dude.

Sorry Zach, but IMO this man has been the best player ever to wear the Juve shirt. He was unreal.

Just look how he controls the ball, his vision, his accuracy. He got it all. A total master of the game.

Never won a CL with Juve? Big deal, won it with Madrid by carrying them and striking the decisive goal in the final.

Man, fuk Juve... Zidane has been the best ever to grace the football fields. Pele and Dona can just clean his boots.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
I perfectly know Zidane's game, as i do with Platini.
However, general skill wise, they both were incredibly complete players
Platini played a classic CAM role, just as zidane did when he was at juve. Only at madrid, especially post makelele, he played a bit deeper.
Dont make the mistake thinking platini was playing like tevez.
He just covered a whole lot of ground, but its not like he was nearly a striker

And well, dont call zidane the best ever, when JUVENTUS, had a player in a golden age of football, that won 3 ballon d'or's in a row.
How do you know so much about Platini? How old are you?

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
How do you know so much about Platini? How old are you?
you can find the answer a few pages pack

- - - Updated - - -

0:21 LoL!.

This man was supreme. I never saw Platini, dona or Pele play, but im pretty sure those 3 did not have the level and masterfullnes of this dude.

Sorry Zach, but IMO this man has been the best player ever to wear the Juve shirt. He was unreal.

Just look how he controls the ball, his vision, his accuracy. He got it all. A total master of the game.

Never won a CL with Juve? Big deal, won it with Madrid by carrying them and striking the decisive goal in the final.

Man, fuk Juve... Zidane has been the best ever to grace the football fields. Pele and Dona can just clean his boots.
I consider zidane better then pele, when football was at amateur level, and maradona, who was inferior to 90ties ronaldo

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Man it seems you have enciclopedial knowledge about every footballer present and past. You must have some kind of football scouting/coaching phd.

I have not seen anyone here mention a player who you would not know about, and the more into the past the more you know about them, scary stuff.

Edit - who do you think was better Siviori or Bettega?

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Man it seems you have enciclopedial knowledge about every footballer present and past. You must have some kind of football scouting/coaching phd.

I have not seen anyone here mention a player who you would not know about, and the more into the past the more you know about them, scary stuff.

Edit - who do you think was better Siviori or Bettega?
Never saw them play. But football before '80 doesnt matter anyway.

Not physical enough, balls the size of mine, football was still quickly developping. Only late 70ties early 80 we came at a finished product and fair competition

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
I find it genuinly amusing how people like you where completely strangers to this integral part of tactical football, and are now making fun about the messenger.
Brother, I use to give your different method of tactical analysis the benefit of the doubt for a while, but after you made that comment, I can now confirm you seem to come up with your analysis randomly on the spot, no matter how much sense it does or doesn't make.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Yet the extremely few people here with tactical knowledge, mostly agree with it. Or understand what i try to point out.

Where does this leaves you ?
This seems to be humour at best or delusional at worst.

I have never pretended to be a tactical expert on this forum as some others do. Having said that, some of the tactical ideas you come up with are bordering derangement. Even the tactical novices on this forum can see this.

I will say some ideas do make sense yes, but saying things like Conte uses the first 45 mins to study an opponent is really strange. A real coach is like Heynckes, when he commented that he had "slept" with the old lady before the Champions League encounter, i.e. he knew our team and tactics intimately well before the match, and hence was able to neutralize us completely. Of course he had a world class roster to do this with but you could see in the game his understanding of our team meant we rarely were able to get out of first gear.

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
you can find the answer a few pages pack

- - - Updated - - -

I consider zidane better then pele, when football was at amateur level, and maradona, who was inferior to 90ties ronaldo
Stop talking rubbish.

Maradona is probably the greatest player to have ever breathed oxygen. Was the best player when Serie A was the best and most competitive league in the history of the sport. In a league that included Platini, Zico, Socrates and so on, and to top it all off he won 2 league titles with Napoli. Not us, or the 2 Milan teams, with fucking Napoli.

And I'll throw in Mexico '86 too for good measure.

I love THEE Ronaldo, but to compare him to Maradona, or anyone else to Maradona is crazy. He's simply the best, ever.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Yeah, what Maradona accomplished is amazing.

Ronaldo was too fragile and got injured way too much for me to rate him that high. I think CR7 is better at this point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)