Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Scholes was a pretty damn good central midfielder.

Offcourse, he wasent as good as pirlo, But he was better then any midfielder currently playing in the epl

- - - Updated - - -

Nope.Scholes is a fantastic midfielder in his own right.Its not crazy or something to place him in the same category as Pirlo.
Lets keep it real here. Pirlo was one best deeplying playmakers ever to step on a football field, the best of the last decade

Scholes was worldclass, but he was never even the best on his position in the world

Mar 9, 2006
"When Zinedine Zidane lavishes praise on a footballer there’s a good chance that player’s going to be quite good.
When asked how it felt to be the best midfielder in the world, the French legend replied with: "Ask Paul Scholes". So the story goes…“In a class of his own" he added when describing the Manchester United midfielder who’s quitting (again)."

http://sport.uk.msn.com/trending-blog/time-to-salute-paul-scholes-again

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
What ? I have admitted that Pirlo is/has been better than him just because Scholes dint have the dribbling ability like Xavi or Pirlo ,doesnt make him inferior.For more than a decade he has been one of the best and most consistent performers in the PL and also having shown his class in CL too.More than skill on the ball effectiveness is what matters and he was damn good at that.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Consistent world class versus legendary and defining a generation.

I dont like the english national team, but allways had respect for scholes. Much more then gerrard, who was allways a bit overrated
I dont either but i'm just being objective here.

And for me he has got to be one of the most underrated players of the 90's-2000s generation.I like Gerrard too,Lampard as well but i think Scholes stands out more than them imo.

- - - Updated - - -

I suppose you could bring NT arguments but we all know how poor the English team was.Give him a similar Man United team at NT level and he will show his class.

I personally think you guys are overrating Pirlo a tad bit here.And yes i consider Zidane above all.I'm a massive fanboy.

Mar 9, 2006
I dont either but i'm just being objective here.

And for me he has got to be one of the most underrated players of the 90's-2000s generation.I like Gerrard too,Lampard as well but i think Scholes stands out more than them imo.

- - - Updated - - -

I suppose you could bring NT arguments but we all know how poor the English team was.Give him a similar Man United team at NT level and he will show his class.

I personally think you guys are overrating Pirlo a tad bit here.And yes i consider Zidane above all.I'm a massive fanboy.
#biased

Mar 9, 2006
Cant compare Zidane and Scholes.They played different positions.

Pirlo and Scholes is a much fairer comparison.
that's what i said in the beggining*

- - - Updated - - -

Cant compare Zidane and Scholes.They played different positions.

Pirlo and Scholes is a much fairer comparison.
that's what i said in the beggining*

DelPiero no10

Aug 19, 2013
Footballs one and only god. The game intelligence he had, and the ability to execute it will probably never again be repeated. Honestly feel our current team is too workmanlike and could definitely do with a player like him to add some guile to the way we play. Watching him and del piero in the same side was breathtaking at worst.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)