Apr 29, 2006
What a team we could have had. Zidane was a genius and in terms of impact to a team's overall performance, the best I have ever seen. Fortunately his sale funded the purchases of Thuram, Buffon and Nedved. If only we could have done similar with the Pogba sale.

I wish we could have kept him but we did pretty well out of the deal, especially as it was clear he wanted to move for a while.
In terms of impact(well, without fortune telling) Pogba will never touch Zidane. Even the cash speaks volumes, as Zidane's value would have been quad-rippled in Pogba's era. The funny side of all this is that we might have used Pogba's transfer fee much better than Zizou's one. We have members like @italiacalcio10 that could enlighten us more and I would love to see a deeper analysis.

Last edited:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Report: Juventus call in Zidane
By Football Italia staff

Reports in France suggest Juventus are back in contact with Real Madrid coach Zinedine Zidane, urging him to take Maurizio Sarri’s job from next season.
This is certainly not the first time that Zidane has been linked with the role, especially as he played in Turin from 1996 to 2001.
According to le10sport.com, Juve have been sending out signals to Zidane’s entourage, recognising rumours he is not getting along with Real Madrid President Florentino Perez.
He already left the Merengues in May 2018, having won three consecutive Champions League trophies, only to return in March 2019.
Zidane signed a contract to June 2022, but reports continue to suggest he disagrees with the club over their strategy going forward.
It’d be a blow to the Bernabeu club, who already lost Cristiano Ronaldo to Juventus.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
In terms of impact(well, without fortune telling) Pogba will never touch Zidane. Even the cash speaks volumes, as Zidane's value would have been quad-rippled in Pogba's era. The funny side of all this is that we might have used Pogba's transfer fee much better than Zizou's one. We have members like @italiacalcio10 that could enlighten us more and I would love to see a deeper analysis.
We signed Higuain

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
11 trophies in four seasons, and he even took a hiatus, so it's only like 3+ seasons. All these achievements at the age of 48, and he didn't even have CR7 to lean on this season.

In the meantime, we have a loser oaf, a senile 61 year old coaching us. Pathetic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)