Zidane backs Juve Euro bid (1 Viewer)

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
Former Juventus star Zinedine Zidane has backed his former club to seriously challenge for the Champions’ League.

The Bianconeri’s European campaign suffered a setback on Wednesday when they lost 2-1 to Manchester United, but Zidane insists the Turin giants are still a force.

"Juventus can have their say in Europe," stated the Real Madrid ace. "Despite their loss at Old Trafford they are second in their group and will be confident of qualifying for the quarter-finals.

"I’ve seen Juventus many times this season and I think they are one of the strongest in Europe right now.

"In fact, they are that good that they can win both the Serie A title and the Champions’ League."

The Frenchman, who left the Stadio Delle Alpi in 2001, also confirmed that he intended to end his career in Madrid.

"I’m happy here and enjoying my football," added the 31-year-old. "It is my desire to end my playing days at this club. But I also had a good time at Juve and have some fond memories."

In other Juventus news, the club have reportedly promised Perugia the services of Tomas Guzman for the new campaign.

The Bianconeri will send the 21-year-old, currently on loan at Serie B club Ternana, to Umbria for Fabrizio Miccoli who is set to return to Turin once his own loan spell expires.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
guzman's going?i thought the lack of quality cover had hit lippi already but now he's (again) loaning out one of our most creative players....we should have at least kept him as a reserve,conte's not gonna last till next season.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++
"In fact, they are that good that they can win both the Serie A title and the Champions’ League."
Would be fantastic :D

"But I also had a good time at Juve and have some fond memories."
I always knew you were Juve at heart :touched:

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
hmm....he'd have his ass cleared for now, seeing that if juve won the CL, people would laugh at him- because he left juve to win more trophies....

now he's a lot more aware :D

OP
dpforever

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #7
    ++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
    Guzman is at Ternana now so he's unavailable to us anyway...
    Look's like Moggi is setting Guzman to be be another 'Miccoli' .. first Ternana --> Perugia --> Grande Juventus :touched: !!

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by lacrease ] ++
    hmm....he'd have his ass cleared for now, seeing that if juve won the CL, people would laugh at him- because he left juve to win more trophies....

now he's a lot more aware :D
    :confused: He's already won the CL so what's the point?

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    i think zidane is happy that he won the CL last seaosn and isnt very concerned if REal Madrid wins it or not. he has won everything possible, so he is content as a player now.

Guzman cannot come back to juve and play on bench. he should do what miccoli has done. its a great idea, because juve seem to loan out players and make them get experience.

next season, even if conte isnt there, who cares. we have Maresca:fero:who is absolute gun, and we get blasi as well. not to mention that brighi will most likely return as parma would wanna keep him.

players like guzman and even gasbaronni will return to juve maybe the season after if they prove themselves like miccoli, maresca and brighi have.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
    I always liked Zidane beside we received a good $70-80m, so I have no grudge against him. Heck, I think we got better of deal, as we have invested that money on likes of Miccoli, Thuram, Neved, Buffon, Blasi.
    I realized that sometimes football is a business when we sold Baggio to Milan about ten years ago. I won't mind players going and coming as long as we are performing well and they don't have bad things to say about us.
    Which is the lesson which Ronaldo does not seem to know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)