Zeman, you're fired...part 31½ (7 Viewers)

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
Aug 1, 2002
Zeman made doping allegations against Juventus players when he coached AS Roma in 1998. They led to a judicial inquiry, but Juventus' team doctor and chief executive were acquitted of all charges last year

That's what he's most famous for!!! hahahah what a loser!!!! at least he has something to look back to when he retires from being fired.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
this really brings a smile to the face doesnt it?
sometimes in life you get exactly what you deserve

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Zeman ready to retire Sunday 31 December, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sacked Lecce boss Zdenek Zeman will fill his days cheering on Roma and Catania, as he admits he may be ready to end his Coaching career.

The controversial tactician, formerly of Lazio and Roma, had returned to the Stadio Via del Mare in the summer a year after his decision to walk away, but it was one he would live to regret.

“When Lecce called me again in June I kidded myself that I’d be able to work with a solid project, as I had at Licata and Foggia. Instead, they were afraid to wait and enjoy the growth of their young players,” he revealed.

Zeman became famous for taking Foggia from Serie B in 1989-90 to two top-flight ninth-place finishes before moving on to Lazio in 1994.

“Unfortunately, I discovered too late that the club had only called me to excite the interest of the fans to pick up season tickets. Let’s not forget that at Foggia that first year in Serie B with Roberto Rambaudi, Antonio Manicone and Beppe Signori we were propping up the table at Christmas only to nearly achieve promotion by the end. With me, this Lecce side would’ve fought for the play-offs.”

The Czech Coach remains confident of his work despite 10 defeats, two draws and only six wins in the opening 18 games – including four home losses.

Replaced by another former Lazio boss, Giuseppe Papadopulo, Zeman now faces an uncertain future where fewer Presidents are willing to accept his working methods.

“It’s not so much Lecce’s problem as that of football on the whole. I’ll only work with who is truly prepared to wait for youngsters to mature or to build a winning squad, but I could even put my feet up and become a pensioner,” smiled the 59-year-old.

“Now I’ll return to live in Rome and start following the games at the Olimpico. Lazio are doing well, but Roma are more entertaining and play the best football. They have the most interesting approach, all thanks to Luciano Spalletti and his men.

“Catania have been a revelation this season and have the potential to get into the European places, considering Milan and Fiorentina’s penalties. I’ve been following Pasquale Marino’s career since his time at Foggia and, admittedly, I like his way of approaching the sport. If anything, he was more attacking than me, as his 3-4-3 added a defender on the line of the midfielders.”

Meanwhile, it is reported today that Zeman’s departure from the Lecce headquarters was typically dramatic. While reversing out of the car park, his car hit an olive tree and smashed the rear bumper.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)