Zebina is sad. :( (1 Viewer)

juventus2

Jul 6, 2004
Zebina furious with France
Sunday 26 September, 2004

Jonathan Zebina is an integral part of Juve’s unstoppable defence, but is hurt that it still hasn’t earned him a call from his country.

“It is rather strange that I haven’t even received a warning of a potential call,” he told newspaper L’Equipe.

“I respect everyone, but as I play for a big club that gets great results then this whole situation is a little worrying. I am paying the price for Domenech’s new policy of favouring those who play their club football in France.”

However, Les Bleus regularly ignored Zebina when he played at Roma, so the new Coach might not be the key figure.

“Domenech can make his choice,” continued the defender, “but he cannot close his eyes to someone who is a first choice regular at Juventus with a Coach like Fabio Capello. This great tactician has had faith in me for five years.”

Over the last few years with the Giallorossi Capello was one of the few club members who did retain their faith in Zebina, but the move to Turin has worked wonders for his confidence.

“When I wasn’t playing too well,” revealed the ex-Cagliari man, “it was all my fault. When I was playing well, defeats were still my fault. I don’t crave glory, but it is nice to feel appreciated when you do something positive or enter the national side because you deserved it.”

I think he should be a starter for france becaouse even do he isn't the best Rb in the world,he is the best french RB

Buy on AliExpress.com

Amr

Dec 25, 2003
Zebina should be called in for the French NT, he is preforming excellent this year with JUVE.

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
++ [ originally posted by simpson-juvefan ] ++
do you mean Sagnol? hmm.. i don't see him as better player as Zebina!

i think at least he should get the chance to play for France!
Sagnol is MUCH better when coming forward.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
More sports reporters blowing up the facts. Zebina's words hardly sound like "fury" as much as they sound like disappointment.

Friggin' sports reporting weenies, always trying to invent controversy... :fero:

K10

Jul 12, 2002
When Zebina blames the coach of choosing mainly players who play in France, I think thats a good thing.

Zebina shouldn't have said anything. You think coachy boy is going to call him up after that episode?

44BigBert

Aug 20, 2004
++ [ originally posted by K10 ] ++
When he Zebina blames the coach of choosing mainly players who play in France, I think thats a good thing.

Zebina shouldn't have said anything. You think coachy boy is going to call him up after that episode?
agree....

just like pannuci & lippi :D:D

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
France doesnt like playing players born in France...they perfer Africans...

He is better then Sagnol, Sagnol is vastly overated!

OP

juventus2

Jul 6, 2004
  • Thread Starter #19
    ++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++
    France doesnt like playing players born in France...they perfer Africans...

He is better then Sagnol, Sagnol is vastly overated!
    Bravo, Nicole its good to see fans from other teams be objective about our players

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)