Zebina is sad. :( (1 Viewer)

OP

juventus2

Jul 6, 2004
  • Thread Starter #25
    Zebina gets French call
    Thursday 30 September, 2004

Jonathan Zebina’s fine form for Juventus has finally caught the attention of the French national side.

The defender had complained about the lack of an international call-up recently, but he now figures in Raymond Domenech’s plans.

The tactician has today included Zebina in his squad for the World Cup qualifiers against the Republic of Ireland and Cyprus.

Club colleague David Trezeguet and Olivier Dacourt of Roma have also been selected in the party.

Zebina has impressed in Turin since his move from Roma, in a Juventus defence that has conceded just one goal this season.

"That record is down to the Coach who is teaching us his ideas," the former Cagliari player stated.

"Our defensive strength is not down to one particular player. It is more to do with the fact that we have a great desire to prove how good we are."

The Bianconeri won again on Tuesday evening, when they disposed of Maccabi Tel Aviv, but their performance wasn’t as good as previous displays.

"We may not be playing great stuff right now but I personally prefer to play badly as a team but still win," he added.

Zebina has also commented on the Juventus fans after less than 10,000 turned up in midweek.

"This is totally different from Rome," he added. "It’s sad to see so few people at the arena. I hope more will come in the future."

Turboenvy85

Aug 30, 2004
    being french im looking forward to our next generation
    Goalkeepers: Fabien Barthez (Olympique Marseille), Gregory Coupet (Olympique Lyon)

Defenders: Jean-Alain Boumsong (Rangers, Scotland), Patrice Evra (Monaco), William Gallas (Chelsea, England), Gael Givet (Monaco), Bernard Mendy (Paris St Germain), Mickael Silvestre (Manchester United, England), Sebastien Squillaci (Monaco), Jonathan Zebina (Juventus, Italy)

Midfielders: Olivier Dacourt (AS Roma, Italy) Alou Diarra (RC Lens), Rio Mavuba (Girondins Bordeaux), Ludovic Giuly (Barcelona, Spain), Robert Pires (Arsenal, England), Patrick Vieira (Arsenal, England)

Forwards: Djibril Cisse (Liverpool, England), Sidney Govou (Olympique Lyon), Thierry Henry (Arsenal, England), David Trezeguet (Juventus, Italy), Sylvain Wiltord (Olympique Lyon)

not too bad eh?

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
    You also forgot, Louis Saha!

With, all due respect, it seems being French does work against players when getting call ups...

Well...my non-Roma biased response...he deserves the call up...

my biased Roma response, 'break a leg Zebina'!

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
    "We may not be playing great stuff right now but I personally prefer to play badly as a team but still win," he added.
    Amen

looking at French NT lineup.....damn, they look good on paper :thumb:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)