Zdenek Grygera (1 Viewer)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Well I'd rate Molinaro higher than Grosso. At least Molinaro had some pace and he was fast.

Grygera is a laughable defender. He NEVER goes forward, he has like 1 cross every second match. Some could think he'd doing a magnificent job in defense but it's actually far from that.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Nomuken

NUMB
Contributor
Dec 14, 2009
Can't wait until we get Rafinha but you know I always had a soft spot for Zebina even though he needs to be in shape but when he is I choose Zebina

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Well I'd rate Molinaro higher than Grosso. At least Molinaro had some pace and he was fast.
I know, you have some blind hate for Grosso. I am still very happy that Grosso is playing instead of Molinaro, Molinaro was the funniest clown, thou I prefer using De Ceglie, I like his recent form.

Grygera is a laughable defender. He NEVER goes forward, he has like 1 cross every second match. Some could think he'd doing a magnificent job in defense but it's actually far from that.
Grygera's had few good games last year, that's it! Other than that, he harms the defense a lot, much worse on what he does when he goes forward.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I know, you have some blind hate for Grosso. I am still very happy that Grosso is playing instead of Molinaro, Molinaro was the funniest clown, thou I prefer using De Ceglie, I like his recent form.
It's not some blind hate. Some people won't admit that they were wrong when they were jumping after his arrival. And it's not just me, many people think he's awful. He's making as many mistakes as Molinaro. He's just even slower and more clumsy.

I'd say he's our second worst player this season, right after Melo.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
It's not some blind hate. Some people won't admit that they were wrong when they were jumping after his arrival. And it's not just me, many people think he's awful. He's making as many mistakes as Molinaro. He's just even slower and more clumsy.

I'd say he's our second worst player this season, right after Melo.
I was jumping when we signed him, not because we got a world class fullback, but because we put Molinaro to bench finally. He and Melo need more time to adapt, I know he doesn't defend good, but I appreciate his crosses, but again, I still prefer De Ceglie over him right now, that kid is very fast and knows how to cross too :tup:

As for the worst part, Amauri, Del Piero and the rest aren't any better, who's playing good anyway this season?

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I was jumping when we signed him, not because we got a world class fullback, but because we put Molinaro to bench finally. He and Melo need more time to adapt, I know he doesn't defend good, but I appreciate his crosses, but again, I still prefer De Ceglie over him right now, that kid is very fast and knows how to cross too :tup:
More time for what? It's not like they are 18yo. It's not Melo's first season in Italy while Grosso already played a lot, in the league and for their NT. If they give him more time he'll not be able to move. When it comes to Grosso there's no 'adept' because it's his best.

I believe Melo can get much better though, his talent didn't vanish. New coach will give him better role hopefully so we his old Viola display.

I'd try to fit in De Ceglie because I'd probably use him next season, but he gotta improve more in defense.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
As for the worst part, Amauri, Del Piero and the rest aren't any better, who's playing good anyway this season?
Diego, Chiellini, Sissoko.

It's not about this season though. The whole team is in crisis but Grosso is mediocre and even if we keep him next season, you'll see this same average play.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
More time for what? It's not like they are 18yo. It's not Melo's first season in Italy while Grosso already played a lot, in the league and for their NT. If they give him more time he'll not be able to move. When it comes to Grosso there's no 'adept' because it's his best.

I believe Melo can get much better though, his talent didn't vanish. New coach will give him better role hopefully so we his old Viola display.

I'd try to fit in De Ceglie because I'd probably use him next season, but he gotta improve more in defense.
I don't know if you are aware, but the whole team didn't function this year, there were no tactics, Ciro was just fielding eleven players and expecting them to win, the whole team didn't perform, you understand everyone's bad performance but you can't accept Grosso's? You say Melo might improve in time, but you don't give chance to Grosso? see why I say it's all blind hate?

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Diego, Chiellini, Sissoko.

It's not about this season though. The whole team is in crisis but Grosso is mediocre and even if we keep him next season, you'll see this same average play.
Chiellini and Iaquinta yes, even a great talent like Diego didn't perform good.. They all need time and some good manager and tactics to perform better, don't expect anything good from anyone before a year from now on.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Chiellini and Iaquinta yes, even a great talent like Diego didn't perform good.. They all need time and some good manager and tactics to perform better, don't expect anything good from anyone before a year from now on.
Diego was good, most of the time it was only him creating chances. Iaquinta? What, he was good while playing poker with Zebina and Tudor? We're talking this season, not whole year.

I don't know if you are aware, but the whole team didn't function this year, there were no tactics, Ciro was just fielding eleven players and expecting them to win, the whole team didn't perform, you understand everyone's bad performance but you can't accept Grosso's? You say Melo might improve in time, but you don't give chance to Grosso? see why I say it's all blind hate?
I expect Melo to improve because he's young enough, and he can be a great player. No, you don't see my point. You are giving time for Grosso while was always like this. He can't improve because it's his top level. Out of couple WC matches he played like this in Inter and Lyon. You're waiting for miracle, because he can't be any better.
You can't expect an average, not to say bad player, to become Evra.

Better or not than Molinaro, THIS is a player who we bought, don't expect anything else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)