Zambrotta's greatest athletes list (1 Viewer)

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
1. Wayne Gretzky
This guy dominated his sport in a fantastic way and his records are going to last forever.
2. Michael Jordan
Took basketball to new heights and was the difference between the team Bulls is today and what they once were. He should have finished in the fantastic way he did.
3. Muhammad Ali
Gets this place more for his character than for what he acheived in his sport. But he was the best ever and boxing will never be the same.
4. Carl Lewis
Four golds in on olympics speaks for itself.
5. Björn Borg
Five wimbledon victorys in a row is very impressive. Some say that Pete was better but you should have in mind that Björn quit at a very early age, 27 I think.
6. Jack Nicklaus
With 18 Majors spread over three decades and a number of other trophys it is strange that he is not better than sixth.
7. Mark Spitz
7 olympic gold medals in one olympics naturally puts him as 7.
8. Tony Hawk
A pretty controversial decision I guess, but this guy has done so much for skateboard. I couldn't imagine that it was possible to do a 900' before he did it, his run in the X-Games was the best the world has ever seen.
9. Ingemar Stenmark
The best skier ever.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
11. Michael Schumacher - 5 F1 titles, and counting. He's often been disputed because of his behaviour and attitud, some describe him as arrogant and cold, and you probably wouldnt want him as your friend, but theres no one like him behind the wheel. Some could argue that J.M. Fangio was better, but I think Schumacher lives in a an age where the copmpetition is much harder, and he practically made Ferrari what they are today.

12. Sergej Bubka - no comment neccessary, the guy broke the world record more times than I can count...

13. Tommi Makinnen - couldnt remember anyone better, altho there might be someone.

14. Michael Johnson - the king of 200m and 400m for men. Several olimpic and world gold medals, same as

15. Marion Jones

:cool:

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
agreed with Zlatan, Michael Johnson was king
I spraypainted my indoor soccer boots gold in respect... plus they look really funky now!

And that running pose... so unique!

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Tiger Woods? What has he done for me lately? The media crams him down our throats like he's some kind of second coming of Christ.

I just don't get it.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
My list:

1. Mohammad Ali. He had everything- fame, disapointments, prison.

2. Michael Jordan. There simply be no other player like him. Ever.

3. Garri Kasparov. Stayed world chess champion longer than anybody. Went to the same high school with my dad.

4. Pele. No comment.

Hmmm... only 4. No one else comes close.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
Lance Armstrong then?

common..fought Cancer and won the TdF x times in a row! (x because i lost count.. i think it's 5)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Elnur_E65 ] ++
3. Garri Kasparov. Stayed world chess champion longer than anybody. Went to the same high school with my dad.
Oh, I didn't know that. Now I know for sure that he should be in the list :D
++ [ originally posted by sehnsucht79 ] ++
16. Nadia that gymnast (didn't memorize her last name)
Comaneci?
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
Lance Armstrong then?
common..fought Cancer and won the TdF x times in a row! (x because i lost count.. i think it's 5)
I'm definitely with you on that one. He thought he'd never be able to cycle competitively again, then he goes on to win the Tour de France 6 times in a row :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)