Zambrotta Injury (1 Viewer)

Hambon

Lion of the Desert
Apr 22, 2005
Juve lose Zambrotta for three weeks

Friday 10 February, 2006

Juventus have been hit by news that Gianluca Zambrotta will be out of action for at least three weeks following a thigh strain.

The versatile full-back pulled up with the injury to his right thigh during Wednesday’s 1-1 draw with Parma.

Today tests confirmed the extent of the damage and the official Juve website noted he would be sidelined for the next 20 to 25 days.

This means that the Italian international will miss Serie A games against Inter, Messina, Lecce and Sampdoria as well as the Champions League clash with Werder Bremen on February 22.

The Bianconeri medical staff hope to at least have Zambrotta back in action for the second leg of that European encounter on March 7.

Siena also have bad injury news, as both Gianluca Falsini and Erjon Bogdani have been ruled out for a month with thigh strains.

Meanwhile, Parma goalkeeper Luca Bucci has apologised after making a lewd gesture following Alessandro Del Piero’s penalty miss.

“I certainly did something I shouldn’t have and it wasn’t a good example for the children who watch football,” said the shot-stopper. “However, players who dive to earn penalties aren’t very educational either. In any case, the gesture wasn’t aimed at Del Piero, it was more a reaction to the danger we had avoided.”

Patrick Vieira earned the controversial spot-kick when he fell under the lightest of Vincenzo Grella challenges in that 1-1 draw.

Jacked from Channel 4 news

s0ftcore

Jul 13, 2002
He's the versitile. One of the most reliable. But I'm afraid he's not the most important and that's the thing I love about Juve. They're not a one man team unlike erm... Liverpool. If Gerrard has an off game they play shite.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)