Zala the midfielder? (1 Viewer)

Jul 28, 2002
is it me or has zala recently been converted into a midfielder, according toi the ever reliable Football italia, zala played in midfield against perugia in the coppa....now i wonder if we have a zambro or a tudor case here.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
i prefer tudor in defence and zambro in midfield, but since zala isnt exactly phenomenal in attack im happy to see this come about.

did anyone see the match? i hear he got sustituted

OP

Jul 28, 2002
  • Thread Starter #3
    tudor imo is not that good in midfield, if u notice, games with him in midfield, we have not ben either good defensivly or offensivly, he is a cb not a dm.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    Yeah, Zalayeta has been playing winger this season. Since all our strikers are fit, he's been playing on the wing (in the CL, in the Coppa) and IMO it would be better if he was in attack. He has, without a doubt, the worst technique than any proffesional football player I have ever seen.

He couldnt pass by a '54 Toyota pickup in a 550 Maranello!!!

But I still do like him because of his hard work, and, as he showed last week, he can play a great game once in a while...

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    Yeah, well, Uruguay doesnt exactly have much better attackers I think... Dario Silva (who is already over 30) and...?

Anyways, AFAIK he hasnt played in the NT for quite some time now...

OP

Jul 28, 2002
  • Thread Starter #8
    who else are they gonna call on...o'neill???

:LOL:

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by -Z- ] ++
    Yeah, well, Uruguay doesnt exactly have much better attackers I think... Dario Silva (who is already over 30) and...?

Anyways, AFAIK he hasnt played in the NT for quite some time now...
    Diego Forlan sounds familiar to you? In the qualifiers he has scored some goals including two versus Brazil

I thought Zalayeta hasnt played either, but I went to check and he was called for the last games, and he did play the 90 minutes

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    Oh there's this guy I heard of once, he's meant to be okay sometimes.. Alvaro something? :D

I think this is a good idea, Zala's game is more of a midfielder's role, since he's not a selfish player. Not so sure about the dribbling and crossing part though :undecide:

OP

Jul 28, 2002
  • Thread Starter #12
    he is a stop gap, , has the stregnth to no be out muscled, decent paced, so defensively he is a strong midfielder, alliead to a half decent aerial ability, he could make a better dm than tudor :D

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    Z, Zala has worst technique? If you said pace or acceleration I'd agree but he ha sa lot of technique and nice touches (like yesterday he made some good through passes) and in the first leg he was the man of the match.

I think Lippi here is trying to do another Zambrotta and this might help us if Camo is out injured or out of form.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    I know he was MoM in the first leg, and I like him as a player, nbecause of his hard work, but I really do believe he has the worst technique of all our players. He can have a good move once in a while, but that proves nothing. His ball reception is bad IMO, he cant dribble his way out ouf a paper bag, and his passing is decent at best, not to mention his crossing.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    Well if you refer to technique as those things you mentioned then yes, but for me technique is also ball control and the tricks he can make with a ball. Zala loves doing a lot of cool backheels and fancy moves that's why I don't think he has such a bad technique.

Sep 14, 2003
    Zalagol can't cross to save his life, thus making him a poor choice for a right winger. Lippi probably only fielded him there so all his reserve strickers can get some playing time. I've noticed that on many occasions he holds on to the ball for too long, instead of passing and the opportunity is missed.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
    Well if you refer to technique as those things you mentioned then yes, but for me technique is also ball control and the tricks he can make with a ball. Zala loves doing a lot of cool backheels and fancy moves that's why I don't think he has such a bad technique.

Ball control??? I forgot about that one, but I consider ball control the biggest aspect of dribbling and thats what I ment when I said dribbling. His ball control is not good at all. Most of the time he sends the ball to far in front of him and he has to run and tackle to get it back. And back heels and his "tricks" and "fancy" moves are nothing special. Anyone can do a one meter back heel pass, and I havent really seen any "fancy" tricks from him..

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
    Yeah, Zalayeta has been playing winger this season. Since all our strikers are fit, he's been playing on the wing (in the CL, in the Coppa) and IMO it would be better if he was in attack. He has, without a doubt, the worst technique than any proffesional football player I have ever seen.

He couldnt pass by a '54 Toyota pickup in a 550 Maranello!!!
    I think you just say it beacuse of his size. he isn't that bad.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    He isnt really bad as a player, but he does have very bad technique. I'm not saying that because of his size, and I quite like him in fact.

Jul 12, 2002
    It's a bit silly to put Zala on the wing, he doen't cross well, or dribble well, or run fast. How is he gonna play wing?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)