Zala the midfielder? (1 Viewer)

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
haha sally he's 25. the potential phase has already passed.

however if he really is that bad i wonder why he's even in the serie a. i mean i bet theres a team in the k-league's 3rd division that would like him as a first team player

Sid

Nov 10, 2003
++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
tudor imo is not that good in midfield, if u notice, games with him in midfield, we have not ben either good defensivly or offensivly, he is a cb not a dm.
he's not good in defence too...remember the own goal, maybe a lifetime mistake but still...OWN goal??:rolleyes:

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Sidz-Inzaghi ] ++
he's not good in defence too...remember the own goal, maybe a lifetime mistake but still...OWN goal??:rolleyes:
Hold on a second. Pretty much every defender scores an own goal or two in their time. That does not mean that he isn't a good defender. Tudor has shown (when not injured), that he is one of our best players. He used to start next to Montero, before the injuries. He was one of the brightest prospects in football at one point, and he still has that ability, he just needs to be played at his correct position.

Aug 1, 2003
tudor, IMO, is better in defense than midfield.
I know that Zala's 25 and all, but he's not ALL useless. at least he tends to save our butts in Coppa and hey, one should NEVER forget Barca.

(sorry but can't help overgloating when I think of that match)

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
Of course he is not useless!
When he is given a chance to play, and it doesn't happen very much, he always prove to us that he could be very useful.
How many times you see him playing??
In the Coppa he always score. In the Serie A he scored some goals last year when he got the chance (against Como, Reggina and Chievo), and even in the CL. It's not only the Barca goal, he scored great winners against Dynamo Kiev and Arsenal too.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
IMO Zalayeta has got kinda decent dribbling,Terrible crossing and passing,and he's very slow,meaning he cant play as a winger IMO,i watched the game against Perugia he was less than average at wing.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Sidz-Inzaghi ] ++
Zala should play as Defensive midfield or as a defender:eek:
It's not really a terrible idea. It's not uncommon for tall centre forwards to make decent central defenders. Take Dion Dublin for instance. He isn't a terrible tackler, so I think we should try it. He's got to be better than Iuliano.

Aug 1, 2003
yup, plus I think he has a size.
and Ian, I don't think anyonce could ever be worse than iuliano atm :dazed:

btw, I remember the goal he scored against Chievo last season, that was one entertaining match and I enjoyed it very much!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)