Your thoughts (1 Viewer)

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
I don’t know (since I was absent for a long time) if anyone already started the same dilemmas.

My questions are:

1-What is your opinion, if we enter Serie A , are we gonna be just a mid table team with a respective history, or even worse -“Nottingham Forest syndrome”?

2-Do you expect Champions League competition, and when?

3-Who will dominate Serie A, next year?

Certainly, our next season is gonna be very hard and I think that our optimum will be Uefa Cup place.

4-How would you design Juve for the future? Buying new players,using youngsters from the current team or something else?What is your point of view?

5-And finaly but not less important,what would you do with the stadium?It seems that the 30000 capacity is more than enough for us,despite the heavy number of Italian supporters.

The main problem is that Calciopoli didn’t prevent a thing,the punishment was selective,so inter and Milan got benefits from the whole situation.Someone is above the law,and I wonder what will be our perspective in the corrupted league called “Serie A”?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
1-What is your opinion, if we enter Serie A , are we gonna be just a mid table team with a respective history, or even worse -“Nottingham Forest syndrome”?
I think the team will be eager to prove themselves once they're back in Serie A.

I also predict that we'll be able to compete on one of the CL spots, since EURO will be close by then, our international players will have to improve themselves more since they didnt had lot of chances in Serie B.

Tough question. But Juventus and Milan are always there.

4-How would you design Juve for the future? Buying new players,using youngsters from the current team or something else?What is your point of view?
I would buy one youngster and two experienced player. we need experienced players, and I'm against buying lot of youngsters. Not a good idea at all.

5-And finaly but not less important,what would you do with the stadium?It seems that the 30000 capacity is more than enough for us,despite the heavy number of Italian supporters.
I think time will tell If It was a good idea or not.

andybandy

Aug 11, 2005
1. When we get back to serie A next season I actually expect us to to very well. Maybe not win the Scudetto, but I think we have the class to be in the top 4 and maybe even higher. Juve is a club with a strong culture for winning and that is very very important! Juve will never be a mid-table team. We're almost always up there fighting for the scudetto and i think we'll be there in the future also. We have a lot of quality in our squad and with some good signings before the season we can really be competitive. Our coach doesn't have a lot of experience but he has done well this year, even though I sometimes disagree with him. And if he fails Lippi is still unemployed.

2. I expect us to qualify for the CL in the next season. That means cl in turin again fall 2008.

3. Inter, Milan and Roma. I think Inter and Milan will be the two strongest teams in serie A next season (apart from Juve of course) Inter have a lot of quality in their squad, but not the same culture for winning as I mentioned before. I hope and expect the competition to be a lot tighter for the scudetto next season! Roma and Lazio will probably fight for a top 5 spot.

4. Big question! I would prefer it if we bought some young players we know have a lot of quality, but where there is still room for improvement. I just hope DD will play offensive football next season. We need more creative players midfield. Our defense looks a bit weak too. We absolutely need some improvement there. We currently got the world's best keeper - I just pray that he remains in the club.

5. Hmm..30 000 is embarrasing for juve. If we play good offensive football in serie a I hope the attendance will be higher, but the turin people is not easy to please. On the other hand moving the club is very dramatic - but maybe it should be considered. I think it is a difficult question.

oriax

Mar 30, 2007
I'm not sure what exactly happen to Nottingham Forest. But we still have our Agnelli family which own the club. We concluded a cotract with Fiat and we have other sposnors as Nike. We have major tv right deal. And if nothing goes wrong this summer we will be fine and maybe will qualify for CL.

OP
giovanotti

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
  • Thread Starter #6
    I think the team will be eager to prove themselves once they're back in Serie A.

I also predict that we'll be able to compete on one of the CL spots, since EURO will be close by then, our international players will have to improve themselves more since they didnt had lot of chances in Serie B.

Tough question. But Juventus and Milan are always there.

I would buy one youngster and two experienced player. we need experienced players, and I'm against buying lot of youngsters. Not a good idea at all.

I think time will tell If It was a good idea or not.
    Ok,it could be ,Rab.

So,what player would be your ideal reinforcement?

OP
    giovanotti

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
    Aug 13, 2004
  • Thread Starter #7
    I'm not sure what exactly happen to Nottingham Forest. But we still have our Agnelli family which own the club. We concluded a cotract with Fiat and we have other sposnors as Nike. We have major tv right deal. And if nothing goes wrong this summer we will be fine and maybe will qualify for CL.
    Won 2 C.L.,dominated in England,and than they just dissapeared.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    Don't know about Sissoko,but Maresca would be great!
    Sissoko would be one of hell step if we manage to sign him. I've seen almost 60% of L'Pool matches in EPL, and almost all their matches in CL. I can only say that Sissoko is a great DM, has good stamina, 1 on 1 he's one of the best....good passes. I suppose thats what we need.

Gurjio

Jul 25, 2003
    what people are forgetting is that in Serie B, teams are putting 11 men behind the ball for 90 minutes hence some frustrating results. the fixtures that should have worried us on paper were Napoli and Genoa, but we battered them, why?

Bcos they wanted to play football.

Teams in Serie (most of them) will play the same way and we still have class to achieve a good league position next year if not lo scudetto.

Midzata®

Jan 26, 2007
    I don’t know (since I was absent for a long time) if anyone already started the same dilemmas.

My questions are:

Certainly, our next season is gonna be very hard and I think that our optimum will be Uefa Cup place.

The main problem is that Calciopoli didn’t prevent a thing,the punishment was selective,so inter and Milan got benefits from the whole situation.Someone is above the law,and I wonder what will be our perspective in the corrupted league called “Serie A”?
    1We'll do just fine. Not a midtable definitely, not in relegation zone, so...
    2Yes, from next year to secure one. I'm confident we'll achieve it.
    3My principles doesn't allow me to answer that
    4Gigi[period!] I would go with 4 defenders, GrygeraRB, ChieliniLB, or switch the positions[it depends...], Milito, Alex->Pepe->or Cris, 2 wings playing little backward with forward runs when they have the ball, NedvedLM->Malouda->Ribery, CamoRM->Marchioni[this position is problematic, propose some player...], 2 DM destroyers, Sissoko->Diarra, this second is with lesser defensive but should have offensive qualities also SMTH like box-to-box players Stevie or Frings[:disagree:, he's gone now!] and I would change the formation is DIego from Werder agrees to come. And DP->Pala[little backwad SS position] & CF Trez->Hunter upfront!
    I would like to see Tevez playing in our shirt! Using him for the first season as SS & LM[SMTH he should be easy to learn to play caz he alredy posses some of those abilities]
    DD for coach
    The president is naoying me...
    5I think the stadium is too small! We should use more seats to earn more from the tickets, but if it's good for the atmosphere, hey!:tup: If it is on the highes standards I yhink they should raise the ticket price[doubt it they'll do that], NOT for the season tickets!
    P.S. Never lose faith!

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    what people are forgetting is that in Serie B, teams are putting 11 men behind the ball for 90 minutes hence some frustrating results. the fixtures that should have worried us on paper were Napoli and Genoa, but we battered them, why?

Bcos they wanted to play football.

Teams in Serie (most of them) will play the same way and we still have class to achieve a good league position next year if not lo scudetto.
    True that. +rep

oriax

Mar 30, 2007
    Won 2 C.L.,dominated in England,and than they just dissapeared.
    Yeah, I know that but were they suspemded after Hillsborough tragedy or sth?
    Look what's happen with Fiorentina now they are one of the best teams in Seria A just 2 years after they won promotion.

peckface

approaching curve
    Oct 3, 2004
    1. My opinions change from time to time really. It's all up to the board and DD, to see what kind of players they purchase and who they sell. I think we're getting different appreciations on how much funds we really have time and time again so...

If we're gona sell Trezegols to buy Iaquintas we're just doomed for a life to B in B.

2. Lookie uppie touch the onezie

3. Milan.

4. In the summer I want reliable players. Perhaps not the absolute top notch, but who delivers and fights every single game. Then the talented young guns we have might be able to steal a spot during the season. I certainly hope this Juventus who keep faith in the kids.

5. Don't really have an opinion, just dreams. :groan:

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
    And, you're welcome any time, Gio. :cool:

giovanotti said:
    This wouldn't absolutely take place, the greats never die. As soon as we find ourselves again in our rightful place, we'll be more than hungry to prove that we just belong to the world where we left one year earlier. Actually, we're starving to do it now and not tomorrow.

Certainly, it isn't just my own belief or the belief of all Juventini, just check this.

Pravesh (An Interesti) said:
    That's what worries me for next season as we will have a hungrier Juventus, Roma and Milan. Not to forget Napoli, Fiorentina, Lazio and co. We definitely have to get some players, of which a creative top class midfielder tops my list. Not a revolution at any cost and hope Inter won't repeat a mistake such as this from now on.
    giovanotti said:
    We'll be present in Stadio Olympico, Maggio 2008/09, hopefully.

giovanotti said:
    There will be no absolute domination and the current campaign's fiasco wouldn't happen again.

And our primary target would be a Champions League spot.

giovanotti said:
    I'll rely more on some experienced players to get back to the top footballing level as soon as possible, experienced players are the stars of our team and the possible summer transfer signings. Plus, our youngsters and the young Italian talents whom we should land, i.e. Rosina and Montolivo.

giovanotti said:
    After restructuring Del Alpi, it would have 45 000 seats. I think it is enough taking into consideration that the stadium's location itself isn't that good. But, it works.

giovanotti said:
    Don't worry, fella. The bad days have gone and the bright side of the life is clear on the horizon.

Forza Juve Per Sempre...

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    Juve will compete with Roma, Lazio and Fiorentina next season for CL/UEFA cup place.

We will get a CL place next season as I think we will finish 4th

No team will dominate, I think a lot of points will be dropped by the big teams.

I would like to see some good, young Italians along with 5/6 experienced players for the first team.

I would stay in the Olimpico until we can do the Delle Alpi properly instead of doing it half assed.

Jul 24, 2006
    1- Won't be Nottingham Forest, they got stripped worse than Juve and their finances just bottomed out at the point when the Prem was just starting to explode.
    Our sit'n is thankfully much different and at worst Juve has a massive global brand in today's terms that Nott F certainly never achieved even with their successes.

2- Expecting Champs League is too strong a word for next year. I def hope we can push into the top four first year back but it will be tough, and so much depends on the transfer campaign this summer, particularly in the defense.
    As above Juve have a pedigree that will see them into the Champs League sooner or later.

3- I don't see another domination like Inters next year. Milan nad Juve will contest for the title. Obviously I'd love Juve to be thereabouts but Fiorentina will have no deduction and they and Roma have to be considered our most legitimate rivals for 3/4th place.

4- I am glad to see Frings fall by the wayside. Juve's top stars DP, Nedved and even Trez are pushing it agewise and I would rather see slightly younger players who are seasoned but can bridge the gap between the older stars and the younger players we have emerging.

5- Until the team is back up and functioning at the top or until the stadium's capacity is in need of an upgrade I would put the finances elsewhere rather than stadium renovation.

And clearly yes there are two clubs that operate outwith the law in Serie A. The only suprise is just how blatant their corruption is!
    When these two clubs can control all of the sabre rattling in the press then what can we do? The fact that Galliani has not served any punishment and that Milan are in the Champs Lg (final!) this year is all the proof we need but f*ck it - next year we play with our heads held high and no-one can point the finger any longer.
    I cannot wait for the Derbies next year!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)