Your thoughts (1 Viewer)

Jul 2, 2006
I don’t know (since I was absent for a long time) if anyone already started the same dilemmas.

My questions are:

1-What is your opinion, if we enter Serie A , are we gonna be just a mid table team with a respective history, or even worse -“Nottingham Forest syndrome”?

2-Do you expect Champions League competition, and when?

3-Who will dominate Serie A, next year?

Certainly, our next season is gonna be very hard and I think that our optimum will be Uefa Cup place.

4-How would you design Juve for the future? Buying new players,using youngsters from the current team or something else?What is your point of view?

5-And finaly but not less important,what would you do with the stadium?It seems that the 30000 capacity is more than enough for us,despite the heavy number of Italian supporters.

The main problem is that Calciopoli didn’t prevent a thing,the punishment was selective,so inter and Milan got benefits from the whole situation.Someone is above the law,and I wonder what will be our perspective in the corrupted league called “Serie A”?

1-We are in Serie A,We will be champion
2-I expect Champions League Victory 2009
3-I will dominate Serie A
4-Believe your power,hate your enemy

watermelon

Nov 24, 2005
I only want two remarkable wins over Inter, both home and away, and two decent games against Milan. I hope to see a brand new Juve with energy and passion, really don't so care about final position in the league. I believe Paro and Palladino will feature Juve heavily next seaon.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
1. We will give Milan and Inter a good run for their money early on, but we can't keep the pace as the season wears on. Roma will be too much for us as well. I think we'll be 4th. It'll probably be close though, with Palermo, Lazio and Fiorentina making it difficult for us.

2. As we finish the season in fourth, the following season will see us compete in the CL.

3. Milan and Inter will duel it out.

4. I think the biggest mistake, would be to buy too many players. We only need to adress the problematic area's just as defence, but we should work with what we have. Give space to our own youngsters, such as Marchisio and Giovinco. Long-term is more important that shortterm. We should develop our own youngsters instead of buying mediocre players, we will have a difficult time getting worldbeaters this summer.

5. The stadium issue is not a priority right now.

mondo1

May 14, 2006
1. We will give Milan and Inter a good run for their money early on, but we can't keep the pace as the season wears on. Roma will be too much for us as well. I think we'll be 4th. It'll probably be close though, with Palermo, Lazio and Fiorentina making it difficult for us.

2. As we finish the season in fourth, the following season will see us compete in the CL.

4. I think the biggest mistake, would be to buy too many players. We only need to adress the problematic area's just as defence, but we should work with what we have. Give space to our own youngsters, such as Marchisio and Giovinco. Long-term is more important that shortterm. We should develop our own youngsters instead of buying mediocre players, we will have a difficult time getting worldbeaters this summer.

i agree

4th place would be fine. i don't think we can win the scuedetto because milan and also inter will make some big transfers. but we can compete with roma lazio and fiorentina. how much new players we need depend on who stays. but i think we need 3 more players. a really good cb an creativ part for midfield and a striker (Huntelaar)

but the most important thing is to win against inter

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
1- We won't be a mid-table team next year, we will compete for a CL spot and even more maybe..
2- We have the money, the fans, and the players, If our Board has the vision and wisdom to buy the right players for the right price, then we will be as strong as we were like the past years at 2008-2009..
3- like usual, milan and Inter, and If we spend the money wisely, we can that too..
4- we Need to buy two great central Defenders, a Left midfielder, one atacking or defensive midfielder, and a striker at least.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
1- Won't be Nottingham Forest, they got stripped worse than Juve and their finances just bottomed out at the point when the Prem was just starting to explode.
Our sit'n is thankfully much different and at worst Juve has a massive global brand in today's terms that Nott F certainly never achieved even with their successes.

2- Expecting Champs League is too strong a word for next year. I def hope we can push into the top four first year back but it will be tough, and so much depends on the transfer campaign this summer, particularly in the defense.
As above Juve have a pedigree that will see them into the Champs League sooner or later.

3- I don't see another domination like Inters next year. Milan nad Juve will contest for the title. Obviously I'd love Juve to be thereabouts but Fiorentina will have no deduction and they and Roma have to be considered our most legitimate rivals for 3/4th place.

4- I am glad to see Frings fall by the wayside. Juve's top stars DP, Nedved and even Trez are pushing it agewise and I would rather see slightly younger players who are seasoned but can bridge the gap between the older stars and the younger players we have emerging.

5- Until the team is back up and functioning at the top or until the stadium's capacity is in need of an upgrade I would put the finances elsewhere rather than stadium renovation.

And clearly yes there are two clubs that operate outwith the law in Serie A. The only suprise is just how blatant their corruption is!
When these two clubs can control all of the sabre rattling in the press then what can we do? The fact that Galliani has not served any punishment and that Milan are in the Champs Lg (final!) this year is all the proof we need but f*ck it - next year we play with our heads held high and no-one can point the finger any longer.
I cannot wait for the Derbies next year!!
Tottaly agree :agree:

1. The summer transfer market will tell us for what spot we can compete-

2. Definitly expect but maybe not after just one season in A, as I said it depends on our summer signings and ofcourse signings of other teams as well.

3. There will not be domination as this year was, but I most expect from Milan, but there is also teams like Fiorentina and Roma.

4. There should be mix of our youth players and already made champions. That kind of balance would be perfect to develop youths and still achieve results. We shouldn't buy players older than 28-29. We should think about long time future.

5. About the stadium I have no idea. Maybe 30 000 is little but IMO it's better to have the full 30 000 stadium than an half empty 65 000. The atmosphere is better when a stadium is full even when it's small stadium rather than big half empty stadium.

OP
giovanotti

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
  • Thread Starter #31
    And, you're welcome any time, Gio. :cool:

This wouldn't absolutely take place, the greats never die. As soon as we find ourselves again in our rightful place, we'll be more than hungry to prove that we just belong to the world where we left one year earlier. Actually, we're starving to do it now and not tomorrow.

Certainly, it isn't just my own belief or the belief of all Juventini, just check this.

We'll be present in Stadio Olympico, Maggio 2008/09, hopefully.

There will be no absolute domination and the current campaign's fiasco wouldn't happen again.

And our primary target would be a Champions League spot.

I'll rely more on some experienced players to get back to the top footballing level as soon as possible, experienced players are the stars of our team and the possible summer transfer signings. Plus, our youngsters and the young Italian talents whom we should land, i.e. Rosina and Montolivo.

After restructuring Del Alpi, it would have 45 000 seats. I think it is enough taking into consideration that the stadium's location itself isn't that good. But, it works.

Don't worry, fella. The bad days have gone and the bright side of the life is clear on the horizon.

Forza Juve Per Sempre...
    Thanx for your answer mate.:)
    So you think that we can handle with 45000 places?

OP
    giovanotti

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
    Aug 13, 2004
  • Thread Starter #32

True that,but that's the last question in a row for the future.

OP
    giovanotti

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
    Aug 13, 2004
  • Thread Starter #33
    1- We won't be a mid-table team next year, we will compete for a CL spot and even more maybe..
    2- We have the money, the fans, and the players, If our Board has the vision and wisdom to buy the right players for the right price, then we will be as strong as we were like the past years at 2008-2009..
    3- like usual, milan and Inter, and If we spend the money wisely, we can that too..
    4- we Need to buy two great central Defenders, a Left midfielder, one atacking or defensive midfielder, and a striker at least.
    Ok snoop,but we need large amount for those reinforcements.
    And we alredy got Salihamidzic for the wing.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
    Thanx for your answer mate.:)
    So you think that we can handle with 45000 places?
    You're welcome, Gio. ;)

As for restructuring Delle Alpi, I think 45000 would be fine. And at least 30000 fan will attend every Juve's home match, which will guarantee a better view and atmosphere compared to the old structure which was too big.

Thunderball

May 4, 2007
    1-What is your opinion, if we enter Serie A , are we gonna be just a mid table team with a respective history, or even worse -“Nottingham Forest syndrome”?

Even if the only things they do this offseason are bring in Criscito, Salihamidzic, and Grygera, and recall Tacchinardi, Kapo and Miccoli, this team is a concensus top 8 club, which would put it in striking distance of some UEFA competition.

I fully expect more than this, and these will likely be quality moves... so I'd expect a top 4 (likely 3 or 4) finish and CL.

I expect European competition. Hopefully CL in 08/09, but definitely UEFA, which isn't great, but is still European competition. 09/10 at the very latest.

No one. Inter benefitted from Fiorentina and Milan mailing it in, since they had pretty insurmountable penalties, as well as Juve being down and out. This year, Juve, Milan and Fiorentina are going to be out for justice, as well as the ever dangerous Roman clubs. I think AC will win the league, frankly... but not by much.

4-How would you design Juve for the future? Buying new players,using youngsters from the current team or something else?What is your point of view?

Assuming Trez, Camo, DP, Nedved and Buffon all stay, I'd build from the back end forward, and aim for a mix of youth and veteran presence. Top priorities: 2 starting central defenders, an elite central midfielder, a solid DM for Zanetti and Tacchinardi to backup, and a solid #3/4 striker to back up Trez and DP alongside Palladino.

5-And finaly but not less important,what would you do with the stadium?It seems that the 30000 capacity is more than enough for us,despite the heavy number of Italian supporters.

Build it and they will come. When Juve plays in Europe again, they'll want a higher capacity than 30k.... I say extend the refit timetable, but continue nonetheless.

6-The main problem is that Calciopoli didn’t prevent a thing, the punishment was selective,so inter and Milan got benefits from the whole situation.Someone is above the law, and I wonder what will be our perspective in the corrupted league called “Serie A”?

Sporting "justice" is a contradiction in terms, seeing as they are more akin to the Salem witch hunt than anything else when it comes to acquiring evidence and enforcing the rules. With that, I fully expect the FIGC to behave themselves, same with the corrupt clubs. Italy already got its knuckles rapped by losing the Euro cup bid. That was UEFA's way of warning them to shape up, or next time it'll be worse. The corruption will likely retreat back behind the scenes, as neither Milan or Inter want to risk a blanket ban on Italy and its clubs from all European competition, which frankly, all this crap is inviting, and I think UEFA has the balls to do.
    [/QUOTE]

OP
    giovanotti

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
    Aug 13, 2004
  • Thread Starter #36
    Assuming Trez, Camo, DP, Nedved and Buffon all stay, I'd build from the back end forward, and aim for a mix of youth and veteran presence. Top priorities: 2 starting central defenders, an elite central midfielder, a solid DM for Zanetti and Tacchinardi to backup, and a solid #3/4 striker to back up Trez and DP alongside Palladino.
    You think Gigi is gonna stay with us?

Thunderball

May 4, 2007
    You think Gigi is gonna stay with us?
    I actually think he's going to stay. I think this talk is public sabre-rattling that he wants Juve to spend some serious cash on improving the club, especially on defense. Some of the guys being rumored are definitely not good enough, and he's threatening to leave if they go that route.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
    1.We Wont be Nottingham Forest.I expect us to be in Europe at the end of next season,and i dont think 4th place is guaranteed.W might end up in the UEFA cup instead.

2.2 years Later.I expect Juventus us to be in the CL for the 2008/09 season.

3.Inter.No matter how much trash they get on these forums,they do have easily the best squad amongst all Italian Teams right.They'd be on a high after this season,and i expect them to win the league next season too.Milan will end second.

4.Using the same youngsters that we've used this season.I dont think you can rely only on motivation and hardwork.You need great players too.We'd need great players in the coming season.By great im referring to players other than Buffon,Trezeguet,Del Piero and Camoranesi.

5.Id like a bigger stadium.30,000 doesnt do justice to a club of Juventus's stature.

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
    1. We will finish in the top four next year if we improve our defensive situation.

2. The Milan squads will battle for the title next season.

3. Roma, Fiorentina, Lazio and Juventus will duke it out for the last 2 CL spots.

4. Torino will suprise a few people next year and Rosina will be amazing.

5. Antonio Cassano, Fabio Cannavaro, and Cristian Vieri will join Napoli and finish mid-table, but upset some teams.

If we pick up a WC DM (not a young hope), two solid CB's with Serie A experience, and a striker to sub for Trezeguet... Juventus will qualify for Champions League.

I also see a glaring need to find a backup for Del Piero. Palladino did very well and shows promise, but he is not ready to be the trequarista that we need. All votes for Cassano!!!

Marko

GhostDog
    May 1, 2006
    I don’t know (since I was absent for a long time) if anyone already started the same dilemmas.

My questions are:

Certainly, our next season is gonna be very hard and I think that our optimum will be Uefa Cup place.

The main problem is that Calciopoli didn’t prevent a thing,the punishment was selective,so inter and Milan got benefits from the whole situation.Someone is above the law,and I wonder what will be our perspective in the corrupted league called “Serie A”?
    1 & 2 I expect to see Juve in CL every season coming from 2008/09.
    3 I hope that nobody is going to dominate, I expect interesting season.
    4 I would give that job to Lippi.
    5 Friend of mine said that one of the reasons why Parma didn't became big club in late nineties was small stadium... I don't know, but to me Delle Alpi was good, monumental construction, big just like Juve.
    I just don't know what the refs are going to be like to Juve next season...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)