Your team (1 Viewer)

isha00

Jun 24, 2003
isha00 said:
The teams without chances to succeed!
As for Italy, I'll cheer just for the Juventini, Lippi and other decent people in it.
Let's say Juventini + Lippi.
If they fire Lippi, well, I kinda hope we'll have our worst WC ever.

juve2503

May 18, 2006
I'll cheer for the AZZURRI

and I hope this thing about the scandal (which by the way is being blown way out of proportion by the media) won't effect them. Remember Italy won it in the 80's that year their was that match fixing thing involving Milan, and the Azzurri went on to win it, so let's hope that history will repeat it self :toast:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Seven said:
I don't think one should necessarily support his home nation. Belgians have never been chauvinistic, so I won't be chauvinistic about my football team either. Sure I'd love them to play a WC final, but if they played against Italy and Del Piero, I'd want Italy to win it. Harsh? Perhaps, but football wise I just identify myself more with the player DP is and the team Italy are.
I just do not see a reason to support another country besides your own in international football. There would be no reason for me to support a country such as Italy in the World Cup because the only tie I have to the Azzurri is that my favorite club resides within the country. I'm not Italian nor live in said country, nor do I have any Italians in my family tree. I just cannot fathom why someone would do this..

djleli

Aug 12, 2004
Andy said:
I just do not see a reason to support another country besides your own in international football. There would be no reason for me to support a country such as Italy in the World Cup because the only tie I have to the Azzurri is that my favorite club resides within the country. I'm not Italian nor live in said country, nor do I have any Italians in my family tree. I just cannot fathom why someone would do this..

look at it in my reality dude, i live in malta and altough in malta football is our main game we never did any impact on international soccer.. weve never qualfied for a euro or a world cup not even reached the campions league so of course one has to support other teams

juve2503

May 18, 2006
djleli said:
look at it in my reality dude, i live in malta and altough in malta football is our main game we never did any impact on international soccer.. weve never qualfied for a euro or a world cup not even reached the campions league so of course one has to support other teams

hey dude I live in Malta too and I totally agree with you, I did support them during the qualifiers but I also knew there was no way in hell that we would qualify. And besides here in Malta people either support English or Italian clubs and some german. The same goes for International soccer its either Italy, England, Germany or a few Brazil.

Here in Malta the hot topic is who is the better team England or Italy even if they don't meet, people judge how well the teams played and who went farther in the competition, not who is going to win the world cup. Then after both teams are knocked out then they start debating on who is going to win it

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Gli Azzurri !!

I will keep my eye on the US national team as well (even though I dont know half the players...oh hell, who am I kidding ?? I only know 2 or 3 of them !!:D )

how these reasons are related to sports?
sports belong to the nations.
the US soccer team...such a lovely team

so true, Hoori...so true !!!:agree:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Andy said:
Going to Italy whenever I can, studying Italian, probably moving there in due time.. It's quite clear I'm more fond of Italy than I am of Belgium (and that's not in escapist sort of way, trust me), so why would I not cheer for them?

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
Aug 12, 2005
Andy said:

Well, I'm Italian:D

I can understand the support, actually. I mean, it would get old supporting Timbucktoo if you were from there, and they had absolutely zero chance (or didn't even qualify)..

The football equivalent of following the Cuban bobsled team, in other words ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)