Your personal achievements (1 Viewer)

BloodOnMoral

Jun 4, 2003
I know that many of you, people, are not only watching football, but also precticing it when you have the time. Post here your biggests succeses pr the moments you are proud of, concerning the games you've won or the goals you scored.

I usually play as goalie and I have a short list of small personal winnings. I'll list them later. But I have a bad part to list here too : my many injuries.
Wrong achievements maybe ;). The last one : a broken left thumb, which has to be imobilysed asap :groan:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
I'm a goalie too Iulia (or at least I used to be) and I was actually pretty good. When I was a kid and played in Sweden I think I had a lot of potential, I played all over the field (right back, right wing, midfield) until I setteled in goal. I was supposed to play in the Gothia Cup for my team, but just a month before it happened I returned to Bosnia :down: (I heard that the Gothia Cup had more than 1300 participants/teams this year). When I returned to Bosnia I didnt start training at first, and when I finally did in 2001 I was pretty bad as I hadnt trained for nearly 5 years. After a few months I started playing well, had a few saves when the players asked "how the hell did he do that???", and then in January 2002 I got injured, i strained my left ankle ligaments (I never got injured playing football, I got that injury playing basketball with my friends :wallbang: ) and the doctor said I'd be out for at least 4 months, and since the coach didnt like me very much I never returned. My ankle still hurts at times but nothing much.

So here I am now, a washed up "could-have-been" :down:

OP
BloodOnMoral

BloodOnMoral

Jun 4, 2003
  • Thread Starter #3
    I'm happy to hear that at least you were a good goalie, and I still keep hopes that maybe something is still possible for you. What do you think :) ? Maybe not the whole thing is lost ...

I had bad injuries too, mostly non-football ones, I have big problems with my hands, and as Erik said once : you are a goalie and you have hands-injuries ?! :eek:

Fortunately, I'm a girl and it doesn't matter too much if I get injured, because I'll never play professionally. My mother would probably have a heart-attack :D

But I hate the fact I can't use my stupid finger !!! :groan:

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    I dont know I'm thinking of training again, if I have time with school and everything. We'll see, maybe everything isnt lost. Thanks for your support Iulia :)

Mermaidah

May 18, 2003
    I used to play as goalie too....well they weren't serious games, but honestly I didnt receive much goals....:D

On the other hand, when I play as a forward, I look like Klinsmann in the peak of glory :D :D :D

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
    Cool thread :cool:

Prediction.
    I had put money on Roy Keane to score the first goal in a CL match vs. Valencia once. I was watcing the game with my friends, and not only didm he score the goal, but I predicted when and how. Just before a cross from the right I said. "Cross comes in, headed away, out to Keane who shoots and scores" It happended just like that a second after. I'm pretty damn proud of that one.

Playing football.
    I've scored to many goals to write about it here :D :p But once I was the keeper, cuz the real kepper got injured.... anyway I saved a penalty :) That's way bigger than scoring a goal IMO.

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Kaliman ] ++
    .... anyway I saved a penalty :) That's way bigger than scoring a goal IMO.
    That depends on the penalty, if it was a crap one right at you anyone could have saved it, but if you had to jump and strech it's an achievement. How was it? :angel:

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
    saved in the low right corner, just inside the post. Very good save! :) If I didn't save it, the game would be tied with only a few minutes to go, that makes it even better.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    When i was in prumary school, my classroom was divided in 2 teams. My team was really really crappy in comparison with the other half, that was with the best players!!. We ended all the tournaments of every year in last, or in next to last. I was striker in that team. but our defence and mid was horrid, our keeper was very good. We were just 3 guys that played more or less, in a buch of 15 crappy ones.

But in the last year, the directors of the league, send a reinforcement to my team, a guy that had a very powefull shot, and he was very famous in the school for that.

In the last year tournament, the last one before we all entered the secondary school (this mean that after that tournamen the team would be disbanded), we played a loooooot better. Ok i have to admit that the reinforcement boosted our morale 100 times!.

We reached the finals!! and we faced the other half of the classroom, that were the current champions of the league. I still remember that game, because we lost all the 4 games in the past 4 years against them, but in that game we played superb!!.

I scored a wonderfull goal (beat the keeper) and i did an a wonderfull assist to the main player of the team.

We won 3-0, and the other guys, were cryiing furios because they never thought that we could win.

we ended second in the league, that was a big succes for us, because we were always the last ones. It was no just the guy, was the team work.

Jajaj right now, the guy that was a reinforcement for my team in that time, (we were childs) is now in my National Sub-20 team, and he will be in november in the Emirates playing in the world Cup.

OP
    BloodOnMoral

BloodOnMoral

Jun 4, 2003
  • Thread Starter #16
    Cool thread :cool:

Prediction.
    I had put money on Roy Keane to score the first goal in a CL match vs. Valencia once. I was watcing the game with my friends, and not only didm he score the goal, but I predicted when and how. Just before a cross from the right I said. "Cross comes in, headed away, out to Keane who shoots and scores" It happended just like that a second after. I'm pretty damn proud of that one.

Playing football.
    I've scored to many goals to write about it here :D :p But once I was the keeper, cuz the real kepper got injured.... anyway I saved a penalty :) That's way bigger than scoring a goal IMO.
    Nice to see you again among us, Anders, and thank you for posting in my thread.

I saved many penalties myself, but the best ever was when I saved one from my cousin, a freakin' good football player, with a deadly shot in the neighborhood. 3 days he didn't spoke with me after that.

At preditions, I can say I never bet, but I usually can guess who will score and I sorta have visions about the game :D

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    Way back in college I was a central striker in our inter dormitory games and actually scored two goals :D I was on a hattrick but miss kicked 2 yards from the line with the goalie well beaten :fero: :eek:
    I also played basketball & sadly my knees gave way and I had to stop playing.

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    That's why I appreciate those guys playing at the top flight. It's not easy to wake up everyday & do your thing without adverse body effects but the money is a very good incentive :)

Oh and let's hope your thumb gets better soon - Basketball did that to me a couple of times.

OP
    BloodOnMoral

BloodOnMoral

Jun 4, 2003
  • Thread Starter #20
    saved in the low right corner, just inside the post. Very good save! :) If I didn't save it, the game would be tied with only a few minutes to go, that makes it even better.
    My famous penalty was my first one at the same time. I was by the sea, and sand is a great surface to play on. And my cousin was staying there, scary thing indeed, and the other mean from my team, my uncle, was grinning at me like I knew exactly the corner. And my cousin fired in the middle. And I saved it. And I was like : s**t !!! I did it :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)