Your most painful memories ? (1 Viewer)

Kayo

Mar 18, 2007
France - Brazil, WC 1998 final
France - Italy, Euro 2000 final
Turkey - Brazil WC 2002 semi-final
Juventus - Milan, CL 2003 final

and the Calciopoli scandal and Inter's disgusting success and league wins after it

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
the one i remember right now is probably Egypt vs saudi Arabia in the confed cup in 98! that was brutal. at the time i used to hate going to school the next day bec i would never see the end of it so i'm grateful it was in the summer when school was out.

i'm pretty sure there are a few involving egypt but i cant remember them at the moment

on club level i think losing the final to real madrid 98 and then losing to ac milan in 2003 were painful, with the later being not too devastating considering it was a penalty shoot out.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I remember that. You guys got robbed.

QFT
Almost all teams got robbed in 2002. Really remarkable what they did to that tournament. Of the four semi-finalists only one team arrived in that stage fair and square.

And refereeing may have been a bit better in 2006, but it still sucked. I seem to remember the US getting robbed in 2006 as well by the way. I wonder what it will be like in 2010.

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
Aug 1, 2002
94 Baggio penalty miss
Euro 2000 Final
Serie A 2000, last day of the league losing the title to Lazio
2002 WC Exit to Korea
2003 CL Final
2006 Farsopoli

Kayo

Mar 18, 2007
Almost all teams got robbed in 2002. Really remarkable what they did to that tournament. Of the four semi-finalists only one team arrived in that stage fair and square.

And refereeing may have been a bit better in 2006, but it still sucked. I seem to remember the US getting robbed in 2006 as well by the way. I wonder what it will be like in 2010.
The only controversial one was South Korea. Only one team deserved it? Is that bitterness?

Boudz

Mercato Tourist
Aug 1, 2002
Brazil vs Belgium, the Belgians had a perfectly legit goal ruled out.
Brazil vs Turkey, If i recall soft penalty and Rivaldo's antics
Italy vs Korea, we all know what happened
Spain vs Korea, we all know what happened
Germany vs USA, we all know what happened

These are only the ones I remember. 2002 was the worst world cup IMO in history.

OP
Ventus
Mar 10, 2009
  • Thread Starter #56
    The only controversial one was South Korea. Only one team deserved it? Is that bitterness?

dude if you seriously feel that there was no match fixing in that match then you have to watch this

after watching that vid are you telling me its not suspicious ? WATCH THE FULL VID TOO

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
    Latvia against Czech Republic and Germany at Euro 2004, the ref just fucked us up, we could've put in a decent fight in the death group if not some terrible decisions against the underdogs. Also how Marian Pahars went away from Saints, the lap of honour was pure class and sadness at the same time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)