Your Favourite Non-Juve Players (2 Viewers)

paulo

Aug 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Karlberg ] ++
I don't see what is so special about Zenden. He is an allround player, which is the good part about him. But in every position he plays he is far from the best.
Oh come on man. Zenden is a great player. He's fast, makes good crosses, and is most of all a good dribbler. Maybe he loses the ball too often or plays inconsistently, but he still is a great player. Just look at how he plays for Holland.

However, he's largely underrated:(

paulo

Aug 14, 2002
Favorite non-juve players(in order):

GK: Casillas, Peruzzi, Coupet

DF: Nesta, Cannavaro, Mexes, Chivu, Sorin

MF: Aimar, Zidane, Ortega, Rui Costa, Riquelme

FW: Raul, Crespo, Shevchenko, Anderson, Mutu, Kluivert

:cool::cool::cool:

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by paulo ] ++

Oh come on man. Zenden is a great player. He's fast, makes good crosses, and is most of all a good dribbler. Maybe he loses the ball too often or plays inconsistently, but he still is a great player. Just look at how he plays for Holland.

However, he's largely underrated:(
inconsistent..maybe a bit..but still a great player...

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #107
    he's a good player really,i watched him in an NT match before and he was, like,chasing every single opposition player who had the ball.

mate

Aug 28, 2002
    Raul is the best player in the world IMO!
    Anycase he will never leave Real, so it's unuseful to talk about him in Juventus...

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by mate ] ++
    Raul is the best player in the world IMO!
    Anycase he will never leave Real, so it's unuseful to talk about him in Juventus...
    You think that he is best in the world? To be honest, I don't see it.

mate

Aug 28, 2002
    That's just my opinion. I don't see anybody better than Raul right now...
    Also if ok, he plays 4 Real so maybe his life is a bit easy, but that's the point 4 every player... you never know if they will be good also in another team.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    The thing is that now that they have Zidane, Figo, Solari and R. Carlos to supply the balls, Raul plays the role a striker than a forward/midfielder he did before. Most of the goals I see from him are quality (ie. it takes a good striker to score them) but unspectacular. And he doesn't make too many plays like he used to. Basically he's only utilizing part of his talent due to the large quantity of creative players in the team. :undecide:

So if you take a look at him right now and tell me he's not that special, I can understand some people would think that. But he's in fact a very complete player. At, 25 he's taken over the captain's armband from Hierro (they have the same policy Juve has, longest serving player is captain) and developing his leader skills now.

mate

Aug 28, 2002
    Yes It was better 4 him to play more in the back but he's not playing as a pure-striker eigther. Ronaldo is playng as the only striker and he's a bit back.
    I also think that maybe it will be better 4 him to try a new experience and to play in a team weare he can be the only regista, but looks like it's impossible to buy him, and also that he want to stay in Real 4 ever.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    I think it could be better for him to play on the left wing instead, like he did at times the past seasons in the 4-2-3-1 system. More involved in the plays and also scoring more often is my feeling. It is excessive to have that many creative midfielders when you have Raul up front. I would be poised to get rid of Figo but he does lead the league in assists so the numbers speak for him though I'm not too fond of him.

OT: allow me to throw out a late complement on the idea of this thread to Paranoia :thumb:

mate

Aug 28, 2002
    Sometimes they are still playing with 4-2-3-1 Raul, Zidane, Figo back and Ronaldo in front.
    Maybe Raul didn't find himself with Ronaldo or maybe he's not at his 100% (he had healt problems and lost many kilos) but is true he's a bit down, but I'm sure it will not last long.
    Anycase I also prefer him as an attakking mieldfielder than as a striker.

mate

Aug 28, 2002
    Something with his stomach.
    In Italy we call this "gastroenterite" in english no idea, anycase isn't serious and he already got over it but he lost kilos after it. So maybe Ronaldo may give him some of his extra kilos! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)