Your Favourite Movie Quotes (1 Viewer)

Menace

Apr 22, 2005
Post 'em

From True Romance:

Vincenzo Coccotti: Sicilians are great liars. The best in the world. I'm a Sicilian. And my old man was the world heavyweight champion of Sicilian liars. And from growin' up with him I learned the pantomime. Now there are seventeen different things a guy can do when he lies to give him away. A guy has seventeen pantomimes. A woman's got twenty, but a guy's got seventeen. And if you know 'em like ya know your own face, they beat lie detectors to hell.

From One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest:

McMurphy: She was fifteen years old, going on thirty-five, Doc, and she told me she was eighteen, she was very willing, I practically had to take to sewing my pants shut. Between you and me, uh, she might have been fifteen, but when you get that little red beaver right up there in front of you, I don't think it's crazy at all and I don't think you do either. No man alive could resist that, and that's why I got into jail to begin with. And now they're telling me I'm crazy over here because I don't sit there like a goddamn vegetable. Don't make a bit of sense to me. If that's what's being crazy is, then I'm senseless, out of it, gone-down-the-road, wacko. But no more, no less, that's it

McMurphy: What do you think you are, for Chrissake, crazy or somethin'? Well you're not! You're not! You're no crazier than the average asshole out walkin' around on the streets and that's it.

Cheswick: Rules? PISS ON YOUR ****ING RULES!

:D

Buy on AliExpress.com

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
It's clear that the committee is agreed that your new policy is a really excellent plan but in view of some of the doubts being expressed may I propose that I recall that after careful consideration the considered view of the committe was that while they considered that the proposal met with broad approval in principle, that some of the principles were sufficiently fundamental in principle and some of the considerations so complex and finely balanced in factors that in principle it was proposed that the sensible and prudent practice would be to submit the proposal for more detailed consideration laying stress on the essential continuity of the new proposal with existing principles and the principle of the principle arguments which the proposer proposes and propounds for their approval.

In principle.
If you can tell me where this is from, you have control of my avatar for a month (normal rules apply obviously).

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++

If you can tell me where this is from, you have control of my avatar for a month (normal rules apply obviously).
yes, minister?

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
:dielaugh: That can only be "Yes Prime Minister" :D

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by vlatko ] ++

yes, minister?
Was hoping it would take more time to get the right answer but you win. Pick an avatar (obviously I can veto :D) and I'll keep it for a month.

Erik: It's called "Yes, Minister" :p

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

will do when i get home, in 2,3 hours, am at work now btw.

so i can choose any avatar for you? nice...:D

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++
Martin, if you're going to make an offer like that, at least pick a quote that doesn't give you the answer on googling!
Well I just thought the fact that anyone knows the series would make me smile in this forum otherwise dominated by the lack of wit and humor.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Well I just thought the fact that anyone knows the series would make me smile in this forum otherwise dominated by the lack of wit and humor.
Yes, well now all of your avatar are belong to Vlatko. :p

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++
Hang on, when did you go all American on us? ;)
Martin's always spoken and written American English. It's the only English he knows.

I'm the Tony Blair impersonator remember? :D

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
Martin's always spoken and written American English. It's the only English he knows.

I'm the Tony Blair impersonator remember? :D
Oh Johnny, come on now. My spelling has been American since I started learning the language at age 11. :D
My bad. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)