Your favourite movie director? (1 Viewer)

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
Scorsese is one of the most diverse directors today. The fact that the same director made Taxi Driver (character study), New York, New York (a musical), The Color of Money (popcorn blockbuster), After Hours (black comedy), The Last Temptation of Christ (movie about Jesus), Hugo (children's movie), Shutter Island (thriller), The Last Waltz (concert movie) and A Personal Journey with Martin Scorsese Through American Movies (documentary about American film history) is pretty incredible. :agree:

Uneducated peasands tend to write him off as a gangster director because that's what the studios want him to make.

Buy on AliExpress.com

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
I don't write him of as one trick pony, i just don't like any of his movies bar Taxi Driver.

If anything, i write him of as an older man who loves to sexually dominate Leonardo DiCrapio.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Can never put it down to one. Stanley Kubrick, Charlie Kaufman, Paul Thomas Anderson, Wes Anderson and the Coen brothers.

- - - Updated - - -

Can't forget Christopher Nolan either.

Clint Eastwood is becoming a favorite of mine. Letters from Iwo Jima and Gran Torino are great films.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Gábor Bódy, Andrei Tarkovsky, Wojciech Jerzy Has, Alain Resnais, Bela Tarr, Ingmar Bergman, Stanley Kubrick, Akira Kurosawa, Fritz Lang, Francois Truffaut, Werner Herzog

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Scorsese is one of the most diverse directors today. The fact that the same director made Taxi Driver (character study), New York, New York (a musical), The Color of Money (popcorn blockbuster), After Hours (black comedy), The Last Temptation of Christ (movie about Jesus), Hugo (children's movie), Shutter Island (thriller), The Last Waltz (concert movie) and A Personal Journey with Martin Scorsese Through American Movies (documentary about American film history) is pretty incredible. :agree:

Uneducated peasands tend to write him off as a gangster director because that's what the studios want him to make.
:agree:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Scorsese_filmography
His filmography is breathtaking.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
I love so many directors, in order my choices would be:

Coppola
Scorsese
Zemeckis
Burton
Nolan
Cameron
Spielberg
Eastwood
De Palma
Wan

Gibson :snoop:

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
The best director is kurosawa

- - - Updated - - -

You sounded like @Osman here

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)