Your Favourit National Teams Around The World (3 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++
IMO, if the U.S. makes an impact at the WC level, it's not going to be because of individual play of the likes of Freddy Adu. (Though I do wonder if someone like Eddie Johnson might make a surprise impact a la Baros in Euro 2004.) It's going to be because of team play.
Of course Greg, and I agree. Bruce Arena made a team that was not the most dynamic, but could get the job done. I never expected we could have gone that far in 2002.

But in reality individual brilliance is the key for success; one fantastic touch by a classy player can change the face of a game. The more of those players we have, the more likely we are to succeed IMO.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by king Ale ] ++
Andy...do you know Alko Eskandarian?I've just heared about him...you have more informations?
Yes I do, he plays for the team closest to my "hometown team". Alecko Eskandarian is a striker in his early 20's who plays currently for DC United. The past season was his 2nd season in the MLS, and he was possibly the best striker throughout it and the playoffs. Eskandarian scored two brilliant goals in the MLS Cup (Final) this past November. He is a short but powerful striker who reminds me of something like a Miccoli crossed with a Shevchenko, but to a lower extent of course. Eskandarian IMO has potential to go to Europe, certainly, and could become a mainstay in the US National Team.

BTW, Alecko Eskandarian is the son of Andarik Eskandarian, the former sweeper of the New York Cosmos back in the 80's.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

BTW, Alecko Eskandarian is the son of Andarik Eskandarian, the former sweeper of the New York Cosmos back in the 80's.
yeah!I know..
Andranik was playing for Iran NT in World Cup 1978 and he scored an own goal against Scotland:D

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

Oh, so you're a Scottish fan? Well done Andranik. :D
lol
btw Andranik wasn't a good defender,but it seems his son would be a good striker.
and...I'm sure he can't speak Farsi even a word:down::D

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
Italia.

Europe: Italia, czech (nedved)
Asia: Irak (Irak-Portugal 4-2)
Afrika: hm...... may be cameron
South amerika: Argentina
North and middle amerika: Kanada ;)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Maresca78 ] ++
Italia.

Why on Earth would you like Canada? They have not even won a game at the World Cup..

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Maresca78 ] ++
Italia.

who is their famous player?Radzinski or what?I knew another guy with the name of Stalteri or something like it who was playing for Bremen I think.am I right?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Yes, Tomas Radzinski and Paul Stalteri are Canada's most famous players. It's a shame though that Owen Hargreaves decided to play for England.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)