Your biggest disappointment of this WC? (1 Viewer)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
How can you be disappointed by the Ivory Coast after so many African Cup of Nations failures... then add Sven?

OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #43
    How can you be disappointed by the Ivory Coast after so many African Cup of Nations failures... then add Sven?
    They impressed me a lot in 2006 and It's probably because I hoped they would upset the Brazilians.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
    Apr 12, 2009
    The whole damn thing is a huge disappointment. It can only be saved if Argentina win this WC with 3-0 to Brazil while Lucio, Maicon, Burdisso and J. César get injured in that game for the entire 2010/2011 season.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
    A few refereeing mistakes is normal but when such mistakes happen in almost every game (many of which are capable of changing the game) you can't overlook them saying that this is normal. You are supposed to watch the year's most important games being officiated by 30 of the best referees in the world so you expect them to do a decent job or at least to not make such blatant mistakes.

Mar 10, 2009
    IF it wasn't for Maradona the whole tournament would be disappointing
    true that

heres my list:

1. Eurpean Teams turning garbage: Italy, France, England, Portugal
    2. Brazil turning from the flair and total play, to effectiveness (fair enough , but I miss the rivaldo's, and ronaldinhos, who tired to take on the defence)
    3. Too many parking the bus
    4. refs awful
    5. lack of quality, apart from Spain, do you honestly think any of these teams on paper compare to the ones in 2006?

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
    A few refereeing mistakes is normal but when such mistakes happen in almost every game (many of which are capable of changing the game) you can't overlook them saying that this is normal. You are supposed to watch the year's most important games being officiated by 30 of the best referees in the world so you expect them to do a decent job or at least to not make such blatant mistakes.
    Its human error and its not preventable with the way FIFA runs things

Plus its not like the refs are doing on purpose. They're just calling it how they see it

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    Referees don't play the game

leave your complaints at the door
    The refereeing's been shit. This is the greatest footie tournament in the world not some kick-around bullshit in the field behind Pablo's Taco Shack.

Suck my balls.

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    Its human error and its not preventable with the way FIFA runs things

Plus its not like the refs are doing on purpose. They're just calling it how they see it
    Many of them were crap before they came here. The dude from Mali is notorious for making bad calls. Some of the other refs had similar reputations.

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #58
    On a serious note, my real disappointment is that I didn't have the chance to watch Zlatan in this WC. He would have so impressed me.

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
    The refereeing's been shit. This is the greatest footie tournament in the world not some kick-around bullshit in the field behind Pablo's Taco Shack.

Suck my balls.
    The officiating may be questionable but its the teams duty to overcome. You can't control injuries and officiating. Everything else is in the players/coaches hands

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    Teams who disappointed my expectations: Italy, South Africa and France, especially Italy, for not being able to qualify from the group.
    England, didn't really disappoint my expectations in regards to what they achieved. Even before the WC if someone told me that they were gonna be eliminated in the 1st knock-out round, I wasn't gonna be surprised at all. They disappointed me with how they played.

Teams who disappointed my hopes: Serbia. I expected them to beat Germany, fuck up against Australia and to make a couple of brainfarts. They did all that. But I hoped they will somehow qualify for the knock-outs and do good from there on.

Players who disappointed my expectations: Chiellini, Rooney, Messi, Marchisio, Terry and Ribery.
    :wth:

I can understand being disappointed by Messi because he isn't the same clinical Messi we see in Barcelona, but to put him with those players is stretching it a bit, don't you think? The players you mentioned were atrocious in this WC, Messi isn't at his best, but he is still better than most players in this WC. I'd actually say he has been Argentina's most impressive attacking player and has been behind most of Argentina's goals.

He doesn't influence games as much as he does at club level, and he's missed a lot of chances and hasn't been his usual clinical self, in that sense i do agree he's been a disappointment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)