Your Best Film Ever (1 Viewer)

Dec 27, 2003
Hard to chose really.

Depardieu played the role of his life in "Cyrano de Bergerac". Best single acting performance ever AFAIAC.

"Amarcord" by Fellini is incredibly beautifully filmed. It has everything also : emotion, humour, poetry and the nostalgy for an era that is no more. (hence the title "Amarcord", meaning "I remember " in romagnolo dialect).

"Once upon a time in America" has to be the best gangster movie ever made. The only movie where De Niro, though excellent himself, is actually "outacted" (by James Woods).

That's just three that come to mind but there are so many more of course.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
just a summary ;)
"An update of the 1932 film, Scarface (1983) follows gangster Tony Montana and his close friend Manny Ray from their trip on the Cuban Boat Lift for refugees to their arrival in Miami. After killing a powerful Cuban figure, Montana and company gain the ability to leave their refugee camps and roam around the U.S. After unsuccessfully trying to make it legitamately in the country, Montana and Ray resort to selling cocaine to dealers around the world. Tony's rise is quick, but as he becomes more powerful, his enemies and his own paranoia begin to plague his empire"

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++

slim pickins, huh
Actually, I would say, "yes". It's still early, but 2005 thus far has marked a dearth of really good movies. I can't name a single one. (And I've seen Sin City and regretted it.)

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Kaiser Franco ] ++

"Once upon a time in America" has to be the best gangster movie ever made. The only movie where De Niro, though excellent himself, is actually "outacted" (by James Woods).

Great film indeed. As I've heard many different interpretations , what was your take on the ending with the garbage truck?

Dec 27, 2003
I think he threw himself in it and died a horrible death. He was a dead man walking anyway.

Though who knows, maybe Hollywood will create a sequel (25 years later?) and we'll find out he went into exile only to come back and realize Noodles is back in business?

That would suck big time, but you never know.

Dr-Juve

Mar 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Azzurri7 ] ++

Remind me of scarface, what is it about? I think I watched it before.
sorry for being late ,,just saw it

scarface is one of the best Alpacinos mov
its about drug dealer from cuba who starts as a small distributer and ends with an empire

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Kaiser Franco ] ++
I think he threw himself in it and died a horrible death. He was a dead man walking anyway.

Though who knows, maybe Hollywood will create a sequel (25 years later?) and we'll find out he went into exile only to come back and realize Noodles is back in business?

That would suck big time, but you never know.
It'd suck indeed.

Though about the ending again: I agree, that was my take on it as well. You should hear some of the theories on it. Though James Woods throwing himself in the garbage truck, is widely accepted.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by adams ] ++
only one movie has really captivated me recently. donnie darko
That's an odd one. I think its the only movie I've ever seen that I had to watch again to get.

I don't have a single favourite movie ever. The Usual Suspects, Alien, The Shawshank Redemption and Gladiator all stand up there in their own genres, and I could doubtless name half a dozen more if I thought about it, but there's no one movie I cherish having seen.

Aug 1, 2003
++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++

That's an odd one. I think its the only movie I've ever seen that I had to watch again to get.

Watched it twice and still couldnt fully grasp the movie, although I do have some theories.

Bloody weird movie I tell you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)