You want to see biased news reporting? Come and look at this BS (37 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
Im neither. Im British-Italian.

Let me get this straight. I like americans, as in i have nothing against the peoples of your beautiful country. I don't like the way the government operates in America.

And in response to your question, Hitler first of all, was austrian, a not well known fact to alot of people. Anyway, you wouldnt believe the amount of racism ive had to put up with on behalf of the German people, i lost count of how many times ive been called 'Nazi' and 'Hitler' just because i live in Germany. But i can accept it and just ignore ignorant people who choose to see the government and the public as one. Yes, also by Americans alike aswell as even British people, my OWN nationality.

I said, i do not agree with people hating americans (the people) because its racist, because these are the ignorant people who see americans as gun-crazy nuts who and war mongerers. (yet another false image that needs to be looked at) But you have to see it from their view- Indonesia as i said was helped by america in overthrowing their democratically elected leader in 1965 and a dictatorship, a hardline military one was installed and millions were killed. Now, when ' America ' is responsible for all this, no wonder hate builds up. But people of course, throw the government and the peoples in the same bag and start seeing america in a bad light.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Funny, but I dont remember my country doing these actions (I also wasnt born yet), but I also dont remember reading these "accusations" in any history book

Why dont you enlighten us, Blackmint

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
I just watched two reports, one on NBC, the other on CNN, and it was rather disturbing. The report was about how many television stations in the Arab world have took a "stance" that the United States and Israel created the Tsunami disaster, that has killed hundreds of thousands of people in Asia. The report said that some Arab stations and news outlets say that the USA was testing nuclear weapons with Israel, or even to the extent of saying that this was Bush's way of retalliating for the 9/11 attacks. They said that Bush decided to put nuclear weapons in the Indian Ocean as "his scientists knew it would cause mass casualties from the outgoing Tsunami." What a crock of horse shit.

I do not think I have ever heard such bull shit in my life from any news sources. You people say that CNN is biased.....maybe so. But at least it does not make up outlandish accusations that are out-right stupid. I stick with my arguement that some Arab news stations try to influence hatred towards the USA, and that is now a fact more than ever. But the lengths at what some of these stations do to create hatred towards us is quite retarded, for lack of a better word.
This is complete bullsh.it. Under the SNV-2 treaty between USSR and USA all kinds of new nuclear tests have been banned.

Furthermore, nuclear tests have NEVER been conducted in the sea by any country.

I am surprised BBC and CNN actually brought this stuff up.

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
Its true. The Vietnam War was extending into Cambodia in the late sixties and then watching the country slip under the control of Pol Pot and the Khmer Rouge, the US choose to support this madman for one reason: He offered opposotion to the veitnamese communists who defeated america. Then with american backing he took control of cambodia and killed millions of his own people.

Congo suffered too. America helped Mobutu to power and oversaw the assassination of nationalist leader Lumumba and then helped stop uprisings, Mobutu then took dictatorship control over Congo, outlawed any opposition party and had thousands killed, and he ruled the country until 1990 with continued support from the US.

Then Brazil, Leftie Democratically elected president Joao Goulart had a coup pushed on his country because he wasn't the kind of president the american government at the time wanted in Brazil, south americas largest country. He even plegded his solidarity to america, but it was not enough as the US pushed a Coup on Brazil, which stemed 15 years of toture and mass killings.

Did you enjoy that?

Edit: sorry i mixed up the democratic leader with the american installed dictator in congo.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Your full of crap !!!

Keep this anti-American propaganda out of here !!!

btw- we didnt lose in Vietnam, we left

If they wanted communism, then they can have it !!!

They all regret that decision today

Apr 12, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++
Your full of crap !!!

Keep this anti-American propaganda out of here !!!

btw- we didnt lose in Vietnam, we left

If they wanted communism, then they can have it !!!

They all regret that decision today
That's true, we did just pull out, after we found out that there were too many Americans dying.

(beginning of 4th QTR, 48 - 10 USC)

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
Gentlemen,

The US has WON the Viet Nam war.

If not for that war, communism would've been spread throughout the entire SouthEast Asia.

The costs were high though... 40,000 killed.

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
I just watched two reports, one on NBC, the other on CNN, and it was rather disturbing. The report was about how many television stations in the Arab world have took a "stance" that the United States and Israel created the Tsunami disaster, that has killed hundreds of thousands of people in Asia. The report said that some Arab stations and news outlets say that the USA was testing nuclear weapons with Israel, or even to the extent of saying that this was Bush's way of retalliating for the 9/11 attacks. They said that Bush decided to put nuclear weapons in the Indian Ocean as "his scientists knew it would cause mass casualties from the outgoing Tsunami." What a crock of horse shit.

I do not think I have ever heard such bull shit in my life from any news sources. You people say that CNN is biased.....maybe so. But at least it does not make up outlandish accusations that are out-right stupid. I stick with my arguement that some Arab news stations try to influence hatred towards the USA, and that is now a fact more than ever. But the lengths at what some of these stations do to create hatred towards us is quite retarded, for lack of a better word.
WOW they were WAY OFF
in reality Bush used the same 'explosives' he used on 9/11 on his own soil ..you see essentially there was some left over because that 4th plane went down too quickly because the army dude controlling the remote control fell asleep. That along with extra 'stock' they had from the missile used to knock down the swiss airliner in NY in 98 helped create the Tsunami. Basically they dug a hole using the extra space ships they had from New Mexico as deep as Jimmy Hoffa's grave and caused the blast so as to hopefully knock off 1-2 al queda members in the 120,000 dead..just a little 'friendly fire'. :lazy:

And these stations accuse US of brainwashing individuals..hey at least we are original when we try.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I'm surprised it took this long before some morons decided that the US was to blame for this, because, you see, we are to blame for everything.

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003

first of all, I haven't heard this here.. are u sure these figures from CNN and NBC are true..? if, yes.. then, I must have skipped them..
second, to think about it.. Nuclear tests in the indian ocean.??!?!? with Israel..?? wow, did any of these tests took place..?? or, it's just accusations from these news stations..??

one more thing, all news stations around the world have ONE purpose.. how to attract viewers.. and for that, they would say anything.. (accusations and lies are the favourite )..

and I agree with whoever said it.. BBC is trustful.. IMO, better than CNN and al jazeera..

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
Interestig Andy...

Like Moe, I have never heard these accusations either and I'm usually pretty up to date with both US and Arab media. Would you care to hook me up with the articles/sources?

If "they" (whichever arab source that is) really did take a "stance," then that's really absurd. If they mentioned the possibility, then I don't see anything wrong with it.

Till I have some facts, names, and all, this is all just absurd.

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #35
    ++ [ originally posted by Elnur_E65 ] ++

This is complete bullsh.it. Under the SNV-2 treaty between USSR and USA all kinds of new nuclear tests have been banned.

Furthermore, nuclear tests have NEVER been conducted in the sea by any country.

I am surprised BBC and CNN actually brought this stuff up.
    No, CNN did not make up this shit, Arab news networks did. However I am afraid that most Muslims in southern Asia do not know about these treaties.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #36
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
    Interestig Andy...

Like Moe, I have never heard these accusations either and I'm usually pretty up to date with both US and Arab media. Would you care to hook me up with the articles/sources?

If "they" (whichever arab source that is) really did take a "stance," then that's really absurd. If they mentioned the possibility, then I don't see anything wrong with it.

Till I have some facts, names, and all, this is all just absurd.
    The only source I can give is from NBC and CNN news, because like I said I watched it on the nightly news. Don't worry, I am not making this up...I actually saw it on TWO news stations, so it must have some truth to it. I would not make a fabricated story about a fabricated story, if that is what some think.

And sorry but I am not very familiar with arabic, so I cannot remember what exact names were said. But there with both TV and newspaper stations.

PS- Good stuff Nick, a very reasonable event to some peope in the Arab world.

Sergio, I was amazed that it took so long as well. I guess only if there was a severe drought would the Arab news channels react quicker and make accusations. :lazy:

Majed

Jul 17, 2002

The only source I can give is from NBC and CNN news, because like I said I watched it on the nightly news. Don't worry, I am not making this up...I actually saw it on TWO news stations, so it must have some truth to it. I would not make a fabricated story about a fabricated story, if that is what some think.
    No Andy, I'm not accusing you of making that up. :)

And sorry but I am not very familiar with arabic, so I cannot remember what exact names were said. But there with both TV and newspaper stations.
    Very well, but I'm still skeptical on whether those media actually took a stance or just mentioned it as a working theory by some. I've searched through Aljazeera's pages (both Arabic and English) and I've yet to find this so called "stance."

Sergio, I was amazed that it took so long as well. I guess only if there was a severe drought would the Arab news channels react quicker and make accusations. :lazy:
    I still find it silly how you guys automatically assume that this is the general "view" of the Arab world or the main accredited media organizations. Ridicule if it makes you feel better, but please don't generalize. I'm not denying that the Arab would have their fare share of brainwashed idiots.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #38
    Majed, I do not think Al Jezeera had a part in this. It was other, more idiotic channels that came up with this. :lazy: (hard to believe sometimes}

Martin

Dec 31, 2000

You made a "yes but" post here, Andy. Yes it's bs that this catastrophe was man made and intentional. But you shouldn't necessarily credit CNN for that either. I'll say right off the bat, I don't have CNN so I don't watch it. I did watch it a couple years ago when I did have it so I'm no top authority here. But in saying that CNN doesn't make up stuff, do you really know or is that an assumption? I think media bias is a very delicate matter and I tend to stay skeptical myself.

++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++
    Right now, In Indonesia, most of these ppl would love to see the USA destroyed, yet we help them......
    I don't normally get involved but this is downright provocative, where the hell do you get this crap, Vin?

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    Majed, I do not think Al Jezeera had a part in this. It was other, more idiotic channels that came up with this. :lazy: (hard to believe sometimes}
    Good, so i'm glad we got it straight that "Arab media" in general also think this is BS.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 37)