You Don't Want Too Big A Squad (1 Viewer)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
All we need now is just a player like Pires or some other attacking midfielder who could provide cover for Nedved and Camoranesi. We could also use another right back instead of Zebina, and I have a feeling Miguel will be travelling to Turin shortly as well. After those two signings, I think we are in good shape.

I guess if Capello wants Zanetti we will offer up for him as well, and that would mean Giannichedda would be used for defensive cover most of the time. The latter was decent playing defense last season for Lazio, and could play RB.

/usr/bin

Excellent
Mar 6, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
By my count we have exactly 24 players at present.

GK: Buffon, Chimenti

DF: Zebina, Birindelli, Thuram, Masiello, Kovac, Tudor, Cannavaro, Chiellini, Zambrotta, Pessotto

MF: Camoranesi, Olivera, Giannichedda, Blasi, Emerson, Vieira, Nedved

FW: Trezeguet, Ibrahimovic, Del Piero, Mutu, Zalayeta

If we bring in a new RB and another midfielder we'll have 26 and a good enough squad to do well in European and domestic competition.
Um, 25 players actually.. Miccoli's still with us.. :groan:

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Miccoli's definitely on his way out though. The club, the player and his agent have all made that clear.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Why don't we use Miccoli to obtain somebody good, such as Stankovic. Hell, we should have offered this when Emre was about to leave. The latter was a damn good player. Now we're stuck with Cristiano Zanetti. :groan:

/usr/bin

Excellent
Mar 6, 2005
Miccoli's definitely on his way out though. The club, the player and his agent have all made that clear.
Yeah, I know.. I'm just mentioning him here for technicality.. (Else Juventus.com decides to sue.. :D)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
Why don't we use Miccoli to obtain somebody good, such as Stankovic. Hell, we should have offered this when Emre was about to leave. The latter was a damn good player. Now we're stuck with Cristiano Zanetti. :groan:
Emre actually has the ability to add something to this team. Unfortunately the same can't be said of Cristiano Zanetti.

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
Zanetti isn't as bad as some people suggest. He can be a very useful player. Don't forget that he was a starter in Euro 2004, ahead of Gattuso and Pirlo.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
We know Zanetti could be a useful player, however the thing is he doesn't really add much to a squad that has four defensive midfielders already. We could have used a player like Emre who could come out of midfield and provide an attacking option through the middle. Zanetti might offer a bit more than Giannichedda, however not that much really.

neved11

Jul 18, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Mr. Gol ] ++
Zanetti isn't as bad as some people suggest. He can be a very useful player. Don't forget that he was a starter in Euro 2004, ahead of Gattuso and Pirlo.
hmm...i hardly agree with this one...i still remembered the huge no. of mis-passes he made during Roma's scudetto winning season...
He hasn't play regular first team football for long...and esp. after 2004...cos his performance is really not worth to mention....

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
First of all, Masiello has gone on loan to Avellino...

Second of all, what has been the mayor complain about Juventus in the last two seasons... lack of a deep squad!! we need replacements in case of star players get injured or get suspended.

At the moment, the only thing that we need are: a 5th striker in case Zalayeta leaves (Miccoli will not stay Period!), an offensive midfielder (at the moment Oliviera is not enough!) and a central defender (I wish Tudor would stay, but I believe he will be loan out).

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
I'd rather have a winger than an offensive midfielder, considering that Camo, Olivera, Nedved and perhaps even Mutu could play as playmakers/offensive midfielders.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Mr. Gol ] ++
Don't forget that Giovanni Trapattoni coached that team. I mean to say that he didn't quite excel during his time with the Italy national team. To start someone like Cristiano Zanetti ahead of the likes of Gennaro Gattuso and Andrea Pirlo is just plain folly.

There's absolutely no need for Zanetti, or any other defensive midfielder for that matter, at Juventus right now.

Black_Cat

Jul 29, 2005
By my count we have exactly 24 players at present.

GK: Buffon, Chimenti

DF: Zebina, Birindelli, Thuram, Masiello, Kovac, Tudor, Cannavaro, Chiellini, Zambrotta, Pessotto

MF: Camoranesi, Olivera, Giannichedda, Blasi, Emerson, Vieira, Nedved

FW: Trezeguet, Ibrahimovic, Del Piero, Mutu, Zalayeta

If we bring in a new RB and another midfielder we'll have 26 and a good enough squad to do well in European and domestic competition.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
He wants to leave, Juve don't want him, the fans don't like him, he doesn't like the fans... tell me, why would he stay? or even better why would Juve want him to stay?

And other thing... he has never played in the midfield, why would he start now?

Im sorry if Im to hard on you but, please face it, Miccoli is gone... sooner the better

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)