You Don't Want Too Big A Squad (1 Viewer)

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
Birindelli is a great substitute, same goes for Pessotto.Suer they're old but they've never let Juve down when called upon and do their job well.It's really difficult to find good players who are willing to sit on the bench for weeks at a time and then put in solid performances at a moment's notice.All that coms from experience, and Biri and Pessotto have loads of that.

OP
Catenaccio

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
  • Thread Starter #48
    I am pretty sure I know what Juve's squad will look like for 2005/06:

GKs (3)
    Buffon, Chimenti, Bonnefoi

Defs (8)
    MIGUEL, Thuram, Cannavaro, Zambrotta, Zebina, KOVAC, CHIELLINI, Pessotto

Mids (7)
    Camoranesi, Emerson, VIEIRA, Nedved, PIRES? (or another attacking winger), GIANNICHEDA, C. ZANETTI

Fwds (5)
    Trezeguet, Ibrahimovic, Del Piero, MUTU, MILITO

Thats 23 players.

Last year we ended the season with 24 players including Mutu (who didn't really play because of the ban)....we started the year with 24 as we had Legrottaglie with us until January.

OP
    Catenaccio

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
  • Thread Starter #49
    Actually, its pretty amazing when you think about it......the above list pretty much includes 9 new players or almost 40% of our squad is new. But the first team is virtually unchanged with the exception of Vieira and Miguel (if he comes).

Its obvious that Capello felt that the weakest areas last year were the right back and the partner for Emerson. Its also obvious that he didn't like the quality of the subs.

Mindcandy

Aug 4, 2005
    ++ [ originally posted by Catenaccio ] ++
    Actually, its pretty amazing when you think about it......the above list pretty much includes 9 new players or almost 40% of our squad is new. But the first team is virtually unchanged with the exception of Vieira and Miguel (if he comes).

Its obvious that Capello felt that the weakest areas last year were the right back and the partner for Emerson. Its also obvious that he didn't like the quality of the subs.
    Which is pretty much what Juve fans were thinking too.

A lot hangs on the outcome of this afternoons ruling on Genoa. If the original ruling is upheld, as I think it will be, expect a flurry of Moggi activity.

In comes Milito, out goes Zalayeta for Miguel, out goes M****** and in comes the much underrated Cristiano Zanetti. It will all happen very fast.

If Tudor is sold, a better replacement will be quickly sourced in Italy. The people at Juventus will not be hanging around.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Catenaccio ] ++
    I am pretty sure I know what Juve's squad will look like for 2005/06:

GKs (3)
    Buffon, Chimenti, Bonnefoi

Defs (8)
    MIGUEL, Thuram, Cannavaro, Zambrotta, Zebina, KOVAC, CHIELLINI, Pessotto

Mids (7)
    Camoranesi, Emerson, VIEIRA, Nedved, PIRES? (or another attacking winger), GIANNICHEDA, C. ZANETTI

Fwds (5)
    Trezeguet, Ibrahimovic, Del Piero, MUTU, MILITO

Thats 23 players.

Last year we ended the season with 24 players including Mutu (who didn't really play because of the ban)....we started the year with 24 as we had Legrottaglie with us until January.
    Only three centre backs? I think not.

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
    Nov 1, 2004
    Massimo Oddo is reportedly being tracked by Juventus and Milan.

The Lazio defender is high on the list of priorities at both Serie A giants, who are jostling for his signature.

Juve need to replace Alessandro Birindelli after he was ruled out for at least three months with the ligament injury he suffered in the friendly against Benfica.

The Bianconeri are also known to be considering Benfica's Miguel for the role but the player is in dispute with his Lisbon employers and Fifa are not due to make a decision on his situation until August 18.

Milan are also great admirers of Oddo and would mount a rival bid.

SO who will it be? Oddo or MIguel? I'd prefer iguel as he's younger.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    Even if Oddo did perform to the usual standard of his performances for Lazio I don't think it'd amount to that bag an upgrade.

I don't claim to have seen alot of Miguel but judging from his performances at Euro 2004 IMO he's probably worth the risk.I doubt Juve would buy him if he hadn't convinced them with his performances in Benfica anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)