Yahoo Serie A & La Liga fantasy football - Juventuz (5 Viewers)

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #22
    ++ [ originally posted by Zambrotta ] ++
    Thanks for the information G_O_A_T, it seems to be a fun game too bad I missed the deadline.
    Dont worry, there are still 33 rounds to go after this. I hope more will join before the second round.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by G_O_A_T ] ++
    Dont count youre chickens before they're in tjhe bag Stu (or however the saying goes), we'll just have to wait till monday or tuesday after Milans game to see whose up after the first round ;)
    It's don't count your chickens before they hatch, and this one has already hatched, since Bazzani scored and Vieri is bound to net his usual two or three :D I also have a sneaky feeling that Nervo will make an assist for Bologna, Appiah for Juve (or even better he might score) and Van der Meyde for Inter. My defence is also by far the strongest :strong:

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #25
    ++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++

It's don't count your chickens before they hatch, and this one has already hatched, since Bazzani scored and Vieri is bound to net his usual two or three :D I also have a sneaky feeling that Nervo will make an assist for Bologna, Appiah for Juve (or even better he might score) and Van der Meyde for Inter. My defence is also by far the strongest :strong:
    OK, chickens, hatch, whatever :groan:

My team's also very strong. I expect De Santis to put in a good performance (he had most points last year), plus my Stam Legrottaglie Thuram defence probably wont concede, Appiah and Zanetti are going to be ball winners, if I'm lucky maybe they'll even have an assist, Fiore and Jankulovski will be the stars of their respective teams, especially Jankulovski who carries Udinese on his back. Emre is also a good choice, altho not my preferred player. An Adriano Martins partnership should be explosive to say the least. Adriano will have to take more responsibility and score more goals after Mutu has left, and Martins has shown a great deal of potential in the preseason and I expect him to score or at least have an assist.

My lineup:

De Santis

Thuram Legrottaglie Stam

Fiore Zanetti Jankulovski Appiah Fiore

Martins Adriano

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001

My lineup:

De Santis

Thuram Legrottaglie Stam

Fiore Zanetti Jankulovski Appiah Fiore

Martins Adriano
    Aren't those defenders pretty expensive?

My tactic is starters plus a few stars.

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #28
    No actually, defenders are pretty cheap. Its the strikers that are expensive...

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Things arent going going so well for me so far... :groan:
    I am though :D Buffon made like five or six saves and got a win so he should get quite a few points, while Thuram, Cannavaro and Cordoba did pretty OK too. Both of my strikers scored, but I think that my midfield was sort of a let down. I should have chosen DP instead of Vieri though :wallbang:

Jul 19, 2003
    Barbados........now I see why the ESPN mis-understanding. :D

Apparently, ESPN thinks no one here in the U.S. cares about football (or what they call soccer), so they give us a stupid version of ESPN that's mainly for American football games. :sad:

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #39
    I too thought you were in England Stu! :eek: Still, Barbados... very nice :cool:

My defence was a letdown I feel. De Santis conceded two, Thuram and Legrottaglie wont get me many points, and Stam didnt even play!!! I think I'll have better luck with my midfield, Appiah was solid, he and J. Zanetti should get me points by winning balls, Fiore scored one and I think he'll bring me some more, Jankulovski was probably good, and Emre wasnt bad. Martins dissapointed me tho, but what will really get me points is the two goals by Adriano :thumb:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)