Xabi Alonso (4 Viewers)

After the Poulsen signing, will Secco, Blanc and cie still buy Xabi Alonso?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
Woow,ok so the 4th of July is on Friday right..?hopefully he will sign by then,and how bout that back up goalkeeper..There havent been anymore news since the last one being Flavio Roma..

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006
According to what he said, hes taking a break. So the likelyhood of him doing a medical and signing for us before friday is rather slim.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Gigli:
"The objective is still to reinforce the midfield, but at the moment there isn’t really a name for our target.

“I think that over the course of the next week we will come to a decision, but it’s premature to suggest names right now.”

Im really worried that this deal is falling apart.

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006
No dude, its actually the other way around. It doesnt bound us anymore to that 4th of july deadline blanc stated; with alonso saying he'll put his future on hold for awhile after the euros. This might actually mean that were still on track for signing him :).

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
No dude, its actually the other way around. It doesnt bound us anymore to that 4th of july deadline blanc stated; with alonso saying he'll put his future on hold for awhile after the euros. This might actually mean that were still on track for signing him :).
I really hope we don't do last season mistake again. Take all summer long trying to sign a player "milito" and at the end we fail to get him and buy the last player available in the market "andrade" (this season perhaps stankovic :spliff: )......

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
Gigli:
"The objective is still to reinforce the midfield, but at the moment there isn’t really a name for our target.

“I think that over the course of the next week we will come to a decision, but it’s premature to suggest names right now.”

Im really worried that this deal is falling apart.
I'm getting that feeling too.. First, our management clearly stated they are after Alonso, yet it is becoming more evident by the day that we are "assesising our options" and it's becoming obvious we are still yet to even decide let alone are in advanced negotiations.. Secondly, Liverpool seem no closer to securing Gareth Barry, although this may not affect our situation with Alonso.. Thirdly, Alonso himself has been giving off subtle hints like "torres is the best in the world and it's a pleasure to play with him" although he didnt specifically state at club level it's obvious his enjoying his company and having just won the Euros he might just want to stay with his spanish contigent at Liverpool..

Sidindi

Jan 18, 2008
I don't know Mark. I respect your news, and have been reading them for years with interest, but BY FRIDAY? Alonso himself said - 3 weeks vacation, and Secco and the Board have said repeatedly that they want to have the squad all ready for the camp...so I don't know about presenting the new kit on Friday by Alonso. I have a strange feeling of Deja-Milito-Vu.

Hope you're right though. He would make the team very well rounded.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Alonso said he is only concentrating on going to vacation, more or less leaving the dealings to the officials. He CANT say he will sign for Juve this or that day. He said the typical evasive comment of he will go on vacation and enjoy it.

It does NOT rule out Xabi signing for Juve soon, just that he isnt saying anything (as he should before things are done). Its typical to either deny or not say anything before deals are made (especially if there things to hide).

There is no rush. ONLY this week is the period it has been possible for us to sign Alonso. Previously it clashed with the euro, so we had no options other then negotiate, but not be able to physically have them there to do medical and sign.

The fact the board said they want to have the squad ready for the camp means the midfield signing is likely to be made as soon as this week, because the camp starts next week.

Jun 29, 2008
Juve are well known to be in the market for an attacking midfielder, and last week were believed to be in advanced negotiations to sign Stankovic.

It was reported on Friday that a transfer fee and personal terms had been agreed, and that the Serbian international could sign for the Old Lady within days.

The Bianconeri supporters last week campaigned against the possible deal, and following the speculation on Friday that the transfer was close, they launched another protest by starting a petition.

"The objective is to strengthen the midfield but at the moment I can’t give you a precise name,” said Gigli.

“In the coming weeks we will reach a conclusion, but now it is premature to name names.

“With regards to Stankovic I can say that the affair is still being examined by the management, but we do take into account the position of the supporters."

Juve fans are so against signing Stankovic due to his links to Inter, and also because of his repeated slurs against Juve, including when he celebrated Inter's Scudetto victory by declaring that “we win without stealing”, referring clearly to the Bianconeri’s alleged role in the Calciopoli crisis.
Goal.com

If the tabloids are to be believed then maybe they are holding out a little longer for Xabi...

Sidindi

Jan 18, 2008
fair enough. Osman - I agree with what you are saying. It is out of his hands, I just want to be cautious, because despite his non-commital he DID say he's gone for 3 weeks, and camp DOES start next week. All in all though, I just don't want to have a Milito re-do, but it is true that the World Champions got vacation time after they won too and were not there for camp either. So I suppose all we have left is to wait and see...

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Alonso said he is only concentrating on going to vacation, more or less leaving the dealings to the officials. He CANT say he will sign for Juve this or that day. He said the typical evasive comment of he will go on vacation and enjoy it.

It does NOT rule out Xabi signing for Juve soon, just that he isnt saying anything (as he should before things are done). Its typical to either deny or not say anything before deals are made (especially if there things to hide).

There is no rush. ONLY this week is the period it has been possible for us to sign Alonso. Previously it clashed with the euro, so we had no options other then negotiate, but not be able to physically have them there to do medical and sign.

The fact the board said they want to have the squad ready for the camp means the midfield signing is likely to be made as soon as this week, because the camp starts next week.
There is one part of Blanc's statement that has been ignored by all of us. I just thought of it now.
Blanc said (2 days ago) :
“The next seven or eight days will be very important to finish off the final negotiations. Naturally if some talks required a little extra, I wouldn’t cut them short just because the training camp is opening"

So if we don't buy Alonso by Friday it doesn't mean that he's gone for good.
But i agree with you that it's more likely that we'll have the squad completed by Friday.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I was expecting to sign him immediately after the euros, i dont understand what halts the negociations.
He should be our players by now, he is our primary target and he said he will decide his future after the euros, now he is evading again, wtf is going on here.
I still believe that we will announce him soon, maybe by the end of the week!

Jim_Boi

Oct 7, 2007
I was expecting to sign him immediately after the euros, i dont understand what halts the negociations.
He should be our players by now, he is our primary target and he said he will decide his future after the euros, now he is evading again, wtf is going on here.
I still believe that we will announce him soon, maybe by the end of the week!
Spain won the Euros and therefore are celebrating with its fans in Madrid. If I am not mistaken the spanish squad will meet with the PRIMEMINISTER too. So don't you think that it would take a bit longer for the deal to be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)