Xabi Alonso (8 Viewers)

After the Poulsen signing, will Secco, Blanc and cie still buy Xabi Alonso?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

natedizzle89

Jan 11, 2006
I think our board so far is making good decisions, thats IF we complete this trade. If we get alonso i think our midfield should be sufficient for next season. We have camo on the right, with marchionni and sali as backups. Momo and Alonso in the center, with marchisio and zanetti as backups, and HOPEFULLY Giovinco on the left, with neddy and potentially palla as backups. Our attack is already sick. That leaves the defence. I think we should start mellberg as a right back next season as he can play there and have grygera and zebina as alternatives. Chiellini as a definite starter at one of the cb positions. Legro has been great this season, but would be a great backup. Andrade i obviously haven't seen him play much due to the injury so not sure if he can cut it. So i think our board is heading in the right direction in trying to get a loan for ivanovic as that would be perfect. If we don't get him then we Definitely have to invest some money for a superb cb. The left back position is a dillema we already know about molinaro, we don't know if de ceglie can cut it, and therefore i think a decent left back is needed if we are to do any damage in CL and Serie A. My dream would be grosso as he'd be beyond perfect. If not him then someone else. So for the rest of the transfer campaign we need to focus on a new cb and lb and i think we are set.:juventus:

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
I think our board so far is making good decisions, thats IF we complete this trade. If we get alonso i think our midfield should be sufficient for next season. We have camo on the right, with marchionni and sali as backups. Momo and Alonso in the center, with marchisio and zanetti as backups, and HOPEFULLY Giovinco on the left, with neddy and potentially palla as backups. Our attack is already sick. That leaves the defence. I think we should start mellberg as a right back next season as he can play there and have grygera and zebina as alternatives. Chiellini as a definite starter at one of the cb positions. Legro has been great this season, but would be a great backup. Andrade i obviously haven't seen him play much due to the injury so not sure if he can cut it. So i think our board is heading in the right direction in trying to get a loan for ivanovic as that would be perfect. If we don't get him then we Definitely have to invest some money for a superb cb. The left back position is a dillema we already know about molinaro, we don't know if de ceglie can cut it, and therefore i think a decent left back is needed if we are to do any damage in CL and Serie A. My dream would be grosso as he'd be beyond perfect. If not him then someone else. So for the rest of the transfer campaign we need to focus on a new cb and lb and i think we are set.:juventus:

Good post mate:tup: +rep
I think that getting ivanovic on a temporary loan is a good idea if with option to buy its even better.
What do you guys think of boularouz who has been an absolute monster and hollands best defender so far?

francesco

Till death do us part!
Jul 25, 2006
Good post mate:tup: +rep
I think that getting ivanovic on a temporary loan is a good idea if with option to buy its even better.
What do you guys think of boularouz who has been an absolute monster and hollands best defender so far?
boulahrouz has been impressive on the right side with Holland. He was a disappointment at Chelsea though so i dont know he could be good for us..

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
If its the monstrous Boulahrouz at Hamburg then sure,but if its the Boulahrouz who played for Chelsea,then i wouldnt be too excited.Yes he got injured n stuff,but he wasnt really owning teams when he was playing either.Good defender thogh,and on song,Chielleni and Boulahrouz could kill the opposition,literally.

Plus Boulahrouz might even break Montero's Red Card record if he stays in Italy long enough:D

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
If its the monstrous Boulahrouz at Hamburg then sure,but if its the Boulahrouz who played for Chelsea,then i wouldnt be too excited.Yes he got injured n stuff,but he wasnt really owning teams when he was playing either.Good defender thogh,and on song,Chielleni and Boulahrouz could kill the opposition,literally.

Plus Boulahrouz might even break Montero's Red Card record if he stays in Italy long enough:D
LOL him and chiellini would be mad, but Boularouz must be doing something good if he is keeping Heitinga out of the first eleven. Do you think that he would be available at a lower price to what Chelsea played for him?

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
I really dont know how much Chelsea payed for him.Something around 10m perhaps?Also,i havent followed him at Sevilla,so i dont know how good/bad he's been there.And plus you cant really say if Scolari wants him back or not.If he doesnt,then sure,he could be up for sale.The price would naturally be lower than what Chelsea payed for him.It would be pretty idiotic of any club to pay more than what he cost Chelsea,since he didnt really set the world on fire there.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
he didn't get much playing time at Seville so he is fresh; this probably explains why he is so good at the euro's
but I think if he can regain the HSV form then he would be a great buy, apparently marseille are interested

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
@ juve revolution
well I said it is according to corriere dello sport. It might not be true. According is a hedger which throws doubt into ones mind such as the hedger might.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Corriere dello Sport: Juventus keen to tie up Alonso deal

ROME, June 14, 2008 (AFP) - It will be only a matter of days before Liverpool midfielder Xabi Alonso becomes a Juventus player, according to the Corriere dello Sport newspaper.

Juve officials will meet with Reds boss Rafael Benitez and Alonso's agent Inanki Ibanez in Liverpool on either Monday or Tuesday to rubber stamp Alonso's 17 million move to Turin, the paper reported.

There were some differences between the clubs valuation of the Spanish midfielder, it said, with the English team wanting 20 million Euros, whereas Juventus valued him at 15 million Euros.

Now that Liverpool have lined up Aston Villa's Gareth Barry as a replacement, the 2005 Champions League winners are happy to conclude the deal as quickly as possible.

It is thought that Alonso will sign a contract for 3.5 million euros a year, though he will have to undergo a post-Euro 2008 medical before he can be officially unveiled as a Juventus player.

AFP

Jim_Boi

Oct 7, 2007
Alonso Signs For Juventus On Monday
Spain midfielder Xabi Alonso is pratically a Juventus player and all that is missing is his signature which will arrive early next week according to Corriere Dello Sport.

Jean Claude Blanc met with Rafa Benitez on Friday and a deal was struck to bring the midfielder to the Stadio Olimpico.

Benitez will meet Bianconeri officials again either on Monday or Tuesday where the contracts will be signed, sealed and delivered. The player's agent Inanki Ibanez will also be present at the meeting to ensure that all runs smoothly.

Juve will be paying the Anfield Road club €17m which Liverpool will use to buy Aston Villa's Gareth Barry. Alonso has already reached an agreement with the Old Lady and he will sign a four year deal worth €3.5m per season as well as performance related bonuses.

The Spain international who is currently involved in Euro 2008 will undergo a medical in Turin after the tournament. It's a big hit for the Bianconeri who have, once again, convinced major players to come on board as they prepare to challenge for major honours both domestically and in Europe next season.

Bastian Scheweinsteiger's move from Bayern now looks highly unlikely after the capture of Alonso. The Bianconeri were on standby for the Bayern Munich midfielder in case the Alonso move failed.

Salvatore Landolina, GOAL.COM

Brixity

Feb 8, 2006
Seitaridis is washed up after the injury, really been supbar for Atletico and Greece. Torosidis is atleast a highly rated in Greek football compared to Seitaridis who isnt what he used to be.
Howz about Darijo Srna. Have liked him since World Cup 06 where he was RB. Know he is now a RW but he can do both well imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)