Xabi Alonso (5 Viewers)

After the Poulsen signing, will Secco, Blanc and cie still buy Xabi Alonso?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006
Maybe so, to be honest I was trying to watch mordric mostly on and off ball movement.

Didnt pay too much attention to the rest of the team.

But what a kid that modric.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
Senna's Agent Slams Xabi Alonso
Marcos Senna's agent has possibly stirred up some disharmony in the Spain camp by declaring that his client is twice as good as Xabi Alonso...

The agent appears to be embittered by the fact that Juventus have made a move for Xabi Alonso instead of Marcos Senna.

Speaking to CalcioMercato, agent José Manuel Butragueño said, "Two months ago I spoke with (Juventus boss Claudio) Ranieri.

"He said they were looking for a player of Senna's style, yet today they want Liverpool's Xabi Alonso. I find that amazing.

"Senna's better than Alonso, and with the Spanish national side he is ahead of him.

"I think the fact that their interest has dampened must be political. Juventus want to pay twice as much for a player who is worse than Senna."

Senna, 31, has been at Villarreal since 2002. A naturalised Spaniard, he has been an international since just prior to the 2006 World Cup.

Alonso, meanwhile, is likely to move to Turin after Euro 2008 after Liverpool agreed to sell him to the Old Lady.

Steve Michaels, Goal.com

Geof

May 14, 2004
I read Blanc negociated on the phone and got an agreement for 19 M € + 2M based on performances. That's a lot of money, but Xabi could become the most important link in our team...

now let's hope

1. he signs
2. he doesn't choke

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
any of you guys happy or surprised to have the names of our targets and signings appear in the media? Before, most of the time we were surprised by a new signing. Now in the Secco era we know practically who we'll buy next.

I kind of like knowing who we're targeting but would like to be surprised with a good player who wasn't really linked with us. We've been linked with almost every player in the world so that would be hard but you get my drift.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)