Xabi Alonso (38 Viewers)

After the Poulsen signing, will Secco, Blanc and cie still buy Xabi Alonso?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
He should definitely start over Senna. He gives way more fluidity that Senna will ever be capable of providing.
Alonso is a far better player than Senna but he provides something necessary to the Spanish midfield which Alonso cannot provide.

Senna is like a destroyer and with players such as Xavi, Silva and Iniesta, he has an important role in that midfield. Alonso would add more fluidity yes but Senna does well to break up attacks.

Yes, he didnt play for very long but just watching him for those few minutes, i could see what great passing skills he has. His vision is awesome and he has a deft touch.
:agree: i thought Alonso looked great there were a number of occasions where he spread the ball quickly with a one touch pin-point pass across the park.

Gomis is ten times the player Anelka is? :lol: The same Gomis who looked like a one legged donkey on the pitch ;)
:rofl:

I had not seen Gomis play before but one-legged donkey summed up his performance against Romania. He could not even control a ball and was so slow at dribbling.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Gomis is ten times the player Anelka is? :lol: The same Gomis who looked like a one legged donkey on the pitch ;)
Yap the same one
He will be as good as Drogba while Anelka is not good player at all...

And by the way I have just noticed that Italy`s chances of qualifying are not bad at all

the group is like this at the moment
Holland 3
France 1
Romania 1
Italy 0

the next round puts Italy against Romania what IMO will be Italy`s anger game and they will simply kill Romania
now there is also France vs Holland and any result except of France winning would put France in bad condition
lets say the draw
the group will look like this
Holland 4
Italy 3
France 2
Romania 1

now Italy should only avoid a defeat and they will qualify as lets say they draw
Holland 4 *
Italy 4
France 3
Romania 1*

in any case Holland and Italy are qualifying as Italy won against Romania (as for this prediction...)

What I mean is If Italy win against Romania France will have to beat a more relaxing Holland or a determined Italy

ofcourse if France beat Holland it puts Italy in a must win situation against France

khalidkassim

Feb 2, 2007
Yap the same one
He will be as good as Drogba while Anelka is not good player at all...

And by the way I have just noticed that Italy`s chances of qualifying are not bad at all

the group is like this at the moment
Holland 3
France 1
Romania 1
Italy 1

the next round puts Italy against Romania what IMO will be Italy`s anger game and they will simply kill Romania
now there is also France vs Holland and any result except of France winning would put France in bad condition
lets say the draw
the group will look like this
Holland 4
Italy 3
France 2
Romania 1

now Italy should only avoid a defeat and they will qualify as lets say they draw
Holland 4 *
Italy 4
France 3
Romania 1*

in any case Holland and Italy are qualifying as Italy won against Romania (as for this prediction...)

What I mean is If Italy win against Romania France will have to beat a more relaxing Holland or a determined Italy

ofcourse if France beat Holland it puts Italy in a must win situation against France
Actually the Azzurri have zero points, remember the score was 3-0? Not 3-3

So as usual the Azzurri on gonna have to rely on the performances of others to insure qualification...

Pingo

Oct 31, 2007
Let's get Aquilani 20m€+ Iaqunta (sorry to let him go)....

Camo - Sissoko - Aquilani

Giovinco

Trezegol - Del Piero

Alternative:

Marchisio - Zanetti - Nedved

Del Piero

Palladino - Amauri

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I think its unfair to compare them just yet, one is a seasoned international who's played over 10 years of top level football, while the other just started playing top level football 2 years ago.

I do think Gomis will be the better player, mark my words, he is destined for a good future, and he is 20 times the player both Drogba and Adebayor were in the Ligue.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Fuck no do I agree with that, Drogba OWNED Ligue 1 when he was there, he was beyond amazing and was seen as the next big star striker when in Marseille for good reasons. Gomis is quite good potentially, but he aint that at all yet. Not hard to be better then Adebayor of Monaco because he wasnt anything special there.

And its rich comparing Gomis to Anelka, because even if he has wasted his career due to his character, Anelka was supreme talent and still is.

Getting bit too much on the Gomis bandwagon. You say he was 20 times better then amazing Drogba of Marseille, and the other dude says 10 times better then Anelka.

Doesnt mean I dont think Gomis is good, but he was VERY bad against Romania, and at his best, he needs to show MUCH more if he suddenly deemed so superior to Anelka and Drogba in talent. Speak too soon and too boldly, and you end up with another Cisse case (who won Ligue 1s goalscoring chart, and whom Gomis hasnt been better then either in breakout season).

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Fuck no do I agree with that, Drogba OWNED Ligue 1 when he was there, he was beyond amazing and was seen as the next big star striker when in Marseille for good reasons. Gomis is quite good potentially, but he aint that at all yet. Not hard to be better then Adebayor of Monaco because he wasnt anything special there.

And its rich comparing Gomis to Anelka, because even if he has wasted his career due to his character, Anelka was supreme talent and still is.

Getting bit too much on the Gomis bandwagon. You say he was 20 times better then amazing Drogba of Marseille, and the other dude says 10 times better then Anelka.

Doesnt mean I dont think Gomis is good, but he was VERY bad against Romania, and at his best, he needs to show MUCH more if he suddenly deemed so superior to Anelka and Drogba in talent. Speak too soon and too boldly, and you end up with another Cisse case (who won Ligue 1s goalscoring chart, and whom Gomis hasnt been better then either in breakout season).
Drogba had one good season in french football, when he was first brought to Marseille he wasnt intended to be a starter, an injury to Mido at the start of the season gave him the chance to play more often, the rest is history.

Plus Drogba at his best season in french football scored 18 goals, Gomis scored 16 goals with an inferior St Etienne side and he's only 22.

And there is no way Cisse was better than Gomis last season, playing behind Nasri,Valbuena and Cheyrou you are guaranteed many chances a game, Cisse needed 7 chances to score a goal, he's a horrible finisher, his game used to be all about pace, which is why because of his injuries he's never going to be the player he used to be. St Etienne have a hard working midfield that has almost no creativity, its a fuckin miracle that Gomis scored 16 goals a season for them.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Oh and about Anelka, i know he's a good talent, infact as youngsters he was a better player than Henry(Arsene said it himself). But he's not a succesful football player by any means

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Drogba had one good season in french football, when he was first brought to Marseille he wasnt intended to be a starter, an injury to Mido at the start of the season gave him the chance to play more often, the rest is history.

Plus Drogba at his best season in french football scored 18 goals, Gomis scored 16 goals with an inferior St Etienne side and he's only 22.

And there is no way Cisse was better than Gomis last season, playing behind Nasri,Valbuena and Cheyrou you are guaranteed many chances a game, Cisse needed 7 chances to score a goal, he's a horrible finisher, his game used to be all about pace, which is why because of his injuries he's never going to be the player he used to be. St Etienne have a hard working midfield that has almost no creativity, its a fuckin miracle that Gomis scored 16 goals a season for them.
:agree: gomis is destined to something big IMO.....

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I didnt mean Cisse this season, but when Cisse had his breakthrough years ago with Auxerre, when he won the goalscoring chart. I meant its easy to impress one season (16 goals isnt alot), and then turn out to be like Cisse.

And it wasnt only about numbers with Drogba, he was in a totally another level when he made it with Marseille, he owned the defenders both in the league and Uefa cup.

And yeah Anelka is a failed player career wise (all to do with his crap mindset), but he was a topnotch talent nontheless, and it takes bit of a proving of Gomis to even be compared to the talent Anelka was, let alone be ten times better.

Doesnt mean Gomis isnt a good talent who will prolly make it big, but its pretty bullshit to exagerrate so much with the hype now.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I didnt mean Cisse this season, but when Cisse had his breakthrough years ago with Auxerre, when he won the goalscoring chart. I meant its easy to impress one season (16 goals isnt alot), and then turn out to be like Cisse.

And it wasnt only about numbers with Drogba, he was in a totally another level when he made it with Marseille, he owned the defenders both in the league and Uefa cup.

And yeah Anelka is a failed player career wise (all to do with his crap mindset), but he was a topnotch talent nontheless, and it takes bit of a proving of Gomis to even be compared to the talent Anelka was, let alone be ten times better.

Doesnt mean Gomis isnt a good talent who will prolly make it big, but its pretty bullshit to exagerrate so much with the hype now.
That might be true to some extent, but i still think Gomis was better than Drogba was in the ligue. Drogba had a much better midfield behind him. With the midfield behind Gomis its almost a miracle he managed to score 16 goals. And he is better than you give him credit for, Gomis completely dominated most Ligue defences this season. I even remember the game last season against Lyon, where he dominated Cris so much, he completely tore him apart(doesnt happen many times in the ligue).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 38)