Xabi Alonso (7 Viewers)

After the Poulsen signing, will Secco, Blanc and cie still buy Xabi Alonso?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006
A group of ultras that I know are forcing the board to buy Diego, tomorrow Blanc will travel to Germany, it's only a matter of days and it will be officially announced. Xabi is not wanted by the ultras because he's a Liverpool player.

I dont know wether I should take this seriously or not, it slightly sounds like a mafia movie.

I really dont know whom to blame if this deal doesnt come through, real or secco.

To be honest im leaning more towards real, secco did his job offered a contract its not his problem if real have more cash and or xabi prefers spain.

This whole thing is a mess really, hopefully we can lend him because if we dont theres not many options left, this can only mean that next year we will suffer...and baddly.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Coming to Xabi Alonso.I dont blame the board here.We were always,and i mean ALWAYS going to lose out when Madrid were going to show some interest in Alonso.The board did try.They met the agent,apparently agreed personal terms..but the agent himself said that they'll wait till after the Euros,whcih either suggested that he wanted to make sure that Real were not making a move for Alonso,because if they were,he'd talk to them without thinking twice..or he wanted to inflate Alonso's price,assuming that Alonso has a great Euro and more teams come after him.

Its not our fault.It's Real Madrid's interest.We have absoloultey no chance of luring Alonso here now that Madrid are in the equation.Even if we offer better wages than Madrid,im sure Alonso would still prefer a move back to Spain.

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006
That would suit me personally im an avid fan of tiago :p.....so that we end our mercato with melberg and amauri.

I have a feeling that most players in europe dont see us a the "big club" that they thought we were, especially after calciopolli, and since were financially inferior to less prestigious clubs.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Coming to Xabi Alonso.I dont blame the board here.We were always,and i mean ALWAYS going to lose out when Madrid were going to show some interest in Alonso.The board did try.They met the agent,apparently agreed personal terms..but the agent himself said that they'll wait till after the Euros,whcih either suggested that he wanted to make sure that Real were not making a move for Alonso,because if they were,he'd talk to them without thinking twice..or he wanted to inflate Alonso's price,assuming that Alonso has a great Euro and more teams come after him.

Its not our fault.It's Real Madrid's interest.We have absoloultey no chance of luring Alonso here now that Madrid are in the equation.Even if we offer better wages than Madrid,im sure Alonso would still prefer a move back to Spain.
mmh not even at our prime would we compete with a whore-out to players teams like madrid, not because of lack of capability but rather preference. Which in my eye is essential in future club-player relationships.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
According to some infos I got from my ultras friends at the curva sud, Diego is expected to sign for Juve in the coming days. It is only a matter of time before he signs for us. Ultras also want Paro back, as they see him the next Fabregas.

Another thing for the Diego deal: If he fails to sign for us in this transfer window, then he'll 100% be our player next summer. And don't dare to question my sources, because I have friends who are hardcore ultra fans and they rule curva sud. And also don't try to find out who they are, because they prefer to remain anonymous.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
mmh not even at our prime would we compete with a whore-out to players teams like madrid, not because of lack of capability but rather preference. Which in my eye is essential in future club-player relationships.
We did get Viera and Emerson..both players were wanted by Madrid.Roma even wanted to sell Emerson to Real instead of us..but he prefered moving to Turin.

I think we can compete with Madrid.Not now,but during our glory days,we could definatley compete with them.The Alonso transfer puts us at a massive disadvantage because of his nationality.Had we been on top of our game right now,and we had huge amounts of money to pay him and Liverpool..im sure he would have still prefered a move back to Spain.

We might be able to lure other players,but as far as players who have strong national leagues(especally English and Spanish)..they'd always prefer a big club at home over Juventus.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
We did get Viera and Emerson..both players were wanted by Madrid.Roma even wanted to sell Emerson to Real instead of us..but he prefered moving to Turin.

I think we can compete with Madrid.Not now,but during our glory days,we could definatley compete with them.The Alonso transfer puts us at a massive disadvantage because of his nationality.Had we been on top of our game right now,and we had huge amounts of money to pay him and Liverpool..im sure he would have still prefered a move back to Spain.

We might be able to lure other players,but as far as players who have strong national leagues(especally English and Spanish)..they'd always prefer a big club at home over Juventus.
emerson wanted juve and even threatened roma to sit out the whole year coz he was "depressed". Reunion with capello was the reason. As for vieira madrid wanted to spend 40 mil on him while we only spent around 20, a combination of moggi masterstroke and capello reunion. But you re still missing my point, we wont engage in a bid war with the likes of Real regardless of resources; just the way we do business i guess.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
and that would be?
Do you really think Xabi Alonso worth 18M?
and if you want a player who worth it`s price well there are few up there I don`t know how much each team would ask for their players but I`m pretty sure there are lots of them...

as for who I have in my mind? there are two players first one is Diego who might cost more but is twice the player Xabi Alonso is and there is also Aquilani who believe it or not I think we have a chance taking him from Roma
He costs more maybe even a bit overpriced at the moment but he will be worth it in the future as Buffon said he would be the best (I don`t think he would be the best but I do think he would be awesome...) anyway I trust Buffon and like his ideas for transfers
maybe we should give him Secco`s role too:D

And about that Diego rumour I hope it`s true altough that`s probably made up by someone who is really really bored

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Guys, if something sounds unbelievable it doesn't mean it's made up.
What Jack wrote above is all over the news here in Italy. We're buying Diego, we just need to find a mutual agreement with Werder. They ask for 33.5m while we offer little over 30m eur.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)