Xabi Alonso (17 Viewers)

After the Poulsen signing, will Secco, Blanc and cie still buy Xabi Alonso?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 19, 2007
liverpool isnt going to win the CL

manchester Utd will.

i think they have the best team at the moment and will be on top the next few years...

they still have Nani and Anderson who they use at times, good cover up for years to come.

Rooney topclass is young
Ronaldo topclass is young
Tevez topclass is young
Nani
Anderson
etc etc

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
It has begun

Milan-Juve battle for Torres

Liverpool could be forced to sell Fernando Torres – alerting Milan and Juventus – but the Rossoneri are already targeting Ruud van Nistelrooy.

The Anfield Road in-fighting between owners George Gillett and Tom Hicks is just one of their problems, as 'The Times’ claims there is a serious financial short-fall.

Liverpool entered into an 18-month loan agreement with interest of 9 per cent - £2.8 million a year - with a letter of credit to pay back the £31.5 million at the end of the period,” says the newspaper.

Should Liverpool be unable to pay back or refinance the loan, banks could force the sale of Torres and Ryan Babel, who was also included in the smaller refinancing package.”

If hitman Torres becomes available for around £27.5m, he will be a prime target for both Juventus and Milan, who are on the lookout for a striker.

Rossoneri President Silvio Berlusconi has already stated his club will sign Ronaldinho, Andriy Shevchenko “plus an old-style centre-forward.”

Up until now it was thought to be Chelsea’s Didier Drogba, but new reports around Europe today suggest it is Real Madrid’s van Nistelrooy.

He is relatively cheap compared to Drogba and Real would be happy to release him because they are looking to sign the Ivory Coast international as a replacement.

Milan and Juve are also said to be at loggerheads over another Premier League player, as the San Siro giants assumed they had a deal for out of contract Mathieu Flamini.

They have offered the midfielder a five-year contract worth £3.5m per season, but Juve director of sport Alessio Secco has reportedly flown out to England to table a bid of his own and, while he’s there, seek news on the Liverpool situation.

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
We won't spend so much money on one single player,sadly.I would prefer to spend a lot on 2 worldclass signings over 4 average ones. Torres,Flamini&Ujfalusi anyone?We just would have to pay a fee for Fernando;).

Jun 13, 2007
:lol:

I sincerely doubt we could get Torres though , it's move even Moggi couldn't have pulled off . I am not going to get my hopes high because I know it will never happen . If it does , I'll join Michael .

Apr 29, 2006
Man if this is somehow true, then I sincerely hope it happens. I would say why chase Torres when we could have Aguerro, but if Torres comes cheap I think landing him would be great.
Anyway IMO Aguero would be a better fit than Torres. Torres cannot be a SS.
But at the end of the day it must all be bullshit. My only hope lies within the American idiocracy in the ownership box of Liverpool.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Roma joined the race for Torres and with Arabs in charge they could be in pole position soon.

If we are really interested in him we should make a move now and not come late as we usually do.

Sep 14, 2003
If we are really interested in him we should make a move now and not come late as we usually do.
I agree, but it won't happen because Secco (as his mentor, Moggi) won't work like this. He will take as long as takes to get a player as cheap as he can, irespective of the competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)