Xabi Alonso (5 Viewers)

After the Poulsen signing, will Secco, Blanc and cie still buy Xabi Alonso?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Torres! Ronaldinho! Diego! Lampard! Forget it! All of these targets are a joke. Not that we cannot attract these kind of players but simply cos we'll get outbidded everytime. We should do what we do best (well under Moggi anyway) get players around the bargain range of £11m-£15m cos we havent got that kind of spending power then you have the wages to content with. Eg:Sissoko was a snip to what he'll be worth in a couple of years time. I suggest we should get Flamini at all cost, it'll be a worth while investment in the long run. we look for expiring contracts and we should take advantage of this.

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
Torres! Ronaldinho! Diego! Lampard! Forget it! All of these targets are a joke. Not that we cannot attract these kind of players but simply cos we'll get outbidded everytime. We should do what we do best (well under Moggi anyway) get players around the bargain range of £11m-£15m cos we havent got that kind of spending power then you have the wages to content with. Eg:Sissoko was a snip to what he'll be worth in a couple of years time. I suggest we should get Flamini at all cost, it'll be a worth while investment in the long run. we look for expiring contracts and we should take advantage of this.
I generally agree my friend but is it possible to win the CL only with these bargain signings?:confused:

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
I generally agree my friend but is it possible to win the CL only with these bargain signings?:confused:

My point being when i say bargain cheapo's or what ever you wanna call it is players who have got the ability to become great eg:Arsenal, they work so well a a team. OK! i know they havent won a thing recently but you need a bit of luck too. And if you wanna take a look at Porto winning the champions league then my gosh anything is possible.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
if its up to me i prefer babel on torres
but we must wait to see what secco will do

NOTHING! absolutely NOTHING! having Secco in charge is like us pissing against the wind. He'll probably go speak to Liverpool asking how much john arne riise is going for seeing as they are gonna sell the leftback, as we need one too.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
What a bizzare thread of jumping to conclusions. Fantasizing is fun, but how do you get from Pool having management issues, to spinning it to Torres and the likes are on the market.

Apr 29, 2006
Because (basicly) that is the only big-time spending Liverpool has done recently and belive it or not they have done so by borrowing money from a bank. Money that they, it seems, cannot return until they are bought by the Arabs or have resolved their management issues.
Now - if there is any truth in this report - Liverpool needs some cash injections pretty fast. The fact they sold us Sissoko in order to buy? Mascherano means they did not have that much money in first place this season (their liquid assets were... (blank) +/- 0.
Now if they are out of the CL and finish 4rd in UK, no trophy at all - I do not see them making the balance sheet without additional loans or capital increase. That will happen (both of them) after the two owners solve their problems or sell their shares.
And if they want to sell a player which will free up salary space and get a lot of cash in - that ought to be Torres. And he is owned by the bank I guess -until the loan is returned

cublinks

Apr 8, 2008
ill give any part of my body for secco if we got torres...
even my eye cause i can still watch him play in juve jersey with one eye...
squad depth is kinda like important for CL next season...
so please secco........ oh god i must be kidding hoping things like this to be true...

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
This will NOT happen, their supposedly huge problems are 99% exaggerated by the media. They have disputes in the club between the owners, Tom Hicks and Rafa in one camp, and their club chairman Parry and the other bozo Gillett on the other. There is nowhere near a doomsday scenario at all of selling players, just wishful thinking and media spin.

If you dont believe it, go ask the first Liverpool fan you can find, who have followed these issues since day one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)