Xabi Alonso (6 Viewers)

After the Poulsen signing, will Secco, Blanc and cie still buy Xabi Alonso?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
I prefer him to both the former targets.

Sissoko, Alonso, Zanetti and Marchisio :bow:

Four great central midfielders, who all offer something differently.

He'll be difficult to get though, I always considered Alonso to be one of Benitez' favourite pupils.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
He'll be difficult to get though, I always considered Alonso to be one of Benitez' favourite pupils.
I don't think Benitez wants to sell him.

Liverpool want Gareth Barry and the suggestion is that he would get to play before Alonso.

Alonso wants to leave because he won't get to play much.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Spain is not what worries me.I hope some EPL team don't join the party.

They can always offer him much higher wages.But I hope he doesn't prefer to continue playing in Engaland after Liverpool.

nabulio

Jan 31, 2008
interesting news, but I highly dougt Liverpool would sell another CM to Juve within a year. But everything can happen...

on the other hand, if can get him, than we should forget about capel and other wingers. That would be an english style of play, which I don´t like. IMO we should play with a player like Camo on either side, yeah Gio would be perfect on the left.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
he's a brilliant player but i doubt we would get him, he would go back to spain i think before coming to italy and there will be plenty of interest from over there. Very few Spanish players seem to play in italy i dont know why

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
As much as I would like to see Xavi Alonso in a Juventus kit, I somehow cannot see him moving to Italy.

More probably he will stay in the EPL or move back to Spain.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
he is a good player with CL experience and he is at a good age, what we need. will we get him i doubt it as we have been linked with so may and at the start it was all " this player to juve" and "this player expected to sign for juve in the next day" and then nothing.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
Another article linking him to us:

Xabi Alonso Set For Juventus Move?
Liverpool midfielder Xabi Alonso could be on his way to Juventus according to reports in Italy.

The Spanish international has been struggling to hold down a regular starting place at the Anfield based club and according to the Corriere Dello Sport the player is on his way to Italy.

Juventus have been after a midfielder for quite some time as they look to strengthen their squad for the Champions League next season.

The Bianconeri are apparently keen on Alonso and according to the reports, Liverpool are looking to sell the player and buy Aston Villa’s Gareth Barry with the money they receive from Juve.

With Pavel Nedved always moving towards the end of his career, some fresh faces in the Old Lady's midfield would be a welcome addition to Claudio Ranieri's side.

The Reds also have their eye on Roma’s Amantino Mancini and given the turbulent relationship he has had with the Roma board, he may be on his way to Anfield and the Giallorossi could let him go for £4m (€6m).

Salvatore Landolina

Goal.com

neurosis21

Jun 22, 2004
it all depends if lpool do really want to buy barry or not
if they do he could leave if not i dont see him leaving
on that matter i would gladly take him,his passing is top class

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
He is being ripped apart by the Ligue's better wingers, i dont think he's good enough anymore.
True. Don't see why are people so obsessed with Grosso? :gsol: He's s great, quality player, experienced, world champion...... :gsol:

He's just an average player on his way down who went famous because of one goal, penalty and few good performances on World Cup. People get so easily fooled by few good performances. TBH, I would be very disappointed if we signed him when there are much better leftbacks available ---> Dossena, Vargas, Lahm for example. I think I would rather let Molinaro and De Ceglie fight it our for that starting spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)