Xabi Alonso (8 Viewers)

After the Poulsen signing, will Secco, Blanc and cie still buy Xabi Alonso?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dao_nq

Feb 6, 2008
Why is this still open???? He is in Inter's transfer rummors now...
Well, I guess sometimes we still believe miracle would happen :cool:

We should accept this guys, we have a bunch of amateurs doing transfer work, we have financial hardship to deal with such as rebuilding our Delle Alpi, and most of all, everything definitely may be under Inter's control. I guess Juventus will undergo another reformation, so it will not surprise me if we couldn't buy Alonso or a talented creative midfielder.

So what should we do now? We still some reasons to be optimistic. We have Amauri who will be the successor of Trezegoal, we have Giovinco, De Ceglie and Marchisio who will give us a fresh feeling and hope everytime they play in our jersey. Nevertheless, we have Chiellini and Sissoko who already show up as absolutely promising classy players. They're all the future of Juventus, they're the new era of Old Lady, one or two years without any title will not be problem if compared to our history. But after that, as our young stars grow up and they'll shine then it'll nobody but us to ask ourselves "Who is Alonso? Who is Diego?...etc".

And Poulsen, too, (sorry I forget your name), I like your way to fight on the pitch. I see a real Roy Kean inside him mates, he would be our key player in this season.

After all, there are still Neddy, Alex, Trezegoal, and yes Buffon (my superstar hero), we have a myriad of massive piles of hope. Look! It's still July, and we've already finished with transfers. Becoz we want to concentrate in building a team with strong cohesion, to develop young stars and settle down a warm atmosphere for the whole squad. These will be our key to succeed.

I don't try to be optimistic becoz if there's nothing there to hope, I'll be ridiculous. But what I hope is obviously a possibility which will very likely happen. I still believe with a lil luck, we could do something special this season.

Never never underestimate the heart of a champion :juventus: :spliff:

natedizzle89

Jan 11, 2006

We should accept this guys, we have a bunch of amateurs doing transfer work, we have financial hardship to deal with such as rebuilding our Delle Alpi, and most of all, everything definitely may be under Inter's control. I guess Juventus will undergo another reformation, so it will not surprise me if we couldn't buy Alonso or a talented creative midfielder.

So what should we do now? We still some reasons to be optimistic. We have Amauri who will be the successor of Trezegoal, we have Giovinco, De Ceglie and Marchisio who will give us a fresh feeling and hope everytime they play in our jersey. Nevertheless, we have Chiellini and Sissoko who already show up as absolutely promising classy players. They're all the future of Juventus, they're the new era of Old Lady, one or two years without any title will not be problem if compared to our history. But after that, as our young stars grow up and they'll shine then it'll nobody but us to ask ourselves "Who is Alonso? Who is Diego?...etc".

And Poulsen, too, (sorry I forget your name), I like your way to fight on the pitch. I see a real Roy Kean inside him mates, he would be our key player in this season.

After all, there are still Neddy, Alex, Trezegoal, and yes Buffon (my superstar hero), we have a myriad of massive piles of hope. Look! It's still July, and we've already finished with transfers. Becoz we want to concentrate in building a team with strong cohesion, to develop young stars and settle down a warm atmosphere for the whole squad. These will be our key to succeed.

I don't try to be optimistic becoz if there's nothing there to hope, I'll be ridiculous. But what I hope is obviously a possibility which will very likely happen. I still believe with a lil luck, we could do something special this season.

Love the post man and agree with all your points, except i don't think poulsen should be mentioned in the same breath as Roy Keane

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
there is talk in between L pool fans that Arsenal contacted MSI group (people who owes right on Javier Mascherano).
As he has 1 year loan left on contract and if Arsenal would get him now for £20,
L pool would get £4-5 mil in compensation.
Mascherano would be perfect Flamini replacement..

I think their offer for G.Barry has been refused, so lots going on at the mo...

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
i think we are ok for the first half of the next season.

we have 4 quality players (sissoko, poulsen, amauri, mellberg) that will strengthen the squad (compared to the beginning of last season). if that is not enough i don't know what would be. let's see how much space is in the midfield for our youngsters (including giovinco) and then we can go a step further and strengthen the squad in the winter (if needed). by this time we will know where our weakness is and we will have probably have more money (CL Group-phase) then.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
there is talk in between L pool fans that Arsenal contacted MSI group (people who owes right on Javier Mascherano).
As he has 1 year loan left on contract and if Arsenal would get him now for £20,

Masch would be a dream come true, he's 10 times the player Flamini will ever be. For me he's definitely one of the best defensive midfielders in the world.

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
Mar 28, 2006

I love the way you see things. I aggree in some of them. I would add Melberg to the "good transfers". he is a very good DC and very underrated. He could have done very big career if he had left Villa some years ago...

On the other hand i don't rate Poulsen the next Roy Keane and i hope i am mistaken. I don,t see him as a juve material.

As for Chiellini and Momo i agree 100%. They are our future. Sissoko is one of the best midfielers and he could be our next davids. If he had not that serious injury in his eye he may already was. Chiellini is one of the most talented DC all over the world.

Lets wait and see. I want so much Poulsen to prove me wrong. We need him...

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005

I'm pretty sure there is about as much truth in that as there is in the NBA style three way deal between Chelsea, Pool, and Barca. I frequent some Pool forums a few times a weak and no real sources are reporting your claims. It's just the same blogger crap that says we're going to buy Silva and Villa in a package deal of 17 mil pounds.

Gill_juve

May 29, 2006
I love the way you see things. I aggree in some of them. I would add Melberg to the "good transfers". he is a very good DC and very underrated. He could have done very big career if he had left Villa some years ago...

On the other hand i don't rate Poulsen the next Roy Keane and i hope i am mistaken. I don,t see him as a juve material.

As for Chiellini and Momo i agree 100%. They are our future. Sissoko is one of the best midfielers and he could be our next davids. If he had not that serious injury in his eye he may already was. Chiellini is one of the most talented DC all over the world.

Lets wait and see. I want so much Poulsen to prove me wrong. We need him...
so you want him to prove you wrong, but you think we need him as well? a bit of a contradiction.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Alonso Set For Showdown Talks With Rafa

According to The Sun, Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez will enter discussions with Xabi Alonso regarding the Spanish midfielder’s future at the club…

Alonso appeared to have left Anfield for good when he joined the Spain squad ahead of EURO 2008. A deal with Juventus appeared all but tied up, while it seemed only a matter of time before his replacement, Gareth Barry, would make the switch from Aston Villa.

What a difference a month makes. After helping la Furia Roja to their first title in over four decades, the Basque playmaker’s proposed transfer to Turin collapsed as the Reds refused to accept anything below ₤16million for the 26-year-old.

Meanwhile, negotiations for Barry’s move to Merseyside have ground to a halt as Villa boss Martin O’Neill continues to hold out for ₤18million, despite the fact the England international has openly declared his desire to leave.

Regardless of how things unfold on that front, Rafael Benitez’s pursuit of Barry and willingness to hear offers from Juve has left Alonso in doubt regarding his place within the club.

The former Real Sociedad star fears he is no longer considered a first-team regular, and that he will spend the upcoming campaign behind Javier Mascherano, Steven Gerrard and possibly even Lucas Leiva in the pecking order. Such a situation will only worsen if Barry arrives.

Hence, Benitez will meet with Alonso – who, along with his la Seleccion team-mates Pepe Reina, Alvaro Arbeloa and Fernando Torres, was granted an extended holiday – when the pass-master begins pre-season training tomorrow.

Arsenal are reported to be interested in both Alonso and Barry, as Arsene Wenger continues his search for a holding midfielder

Mar 14, 2004
Alonso, part of Spain’s Euro 2008-winning squad, has been told he can leave Anfield by manager Rafa Benitez as The Reds attempt to conclude a deal for Aston Villa midfielder Gareth Barry.

Juventus had looked the most likely destination for the former Real Sociedad man but a move to Italy collapsed, leaving the 26-year old in limbo.

The Mirror, however, reports that Fenerbahce have installed Alonso as their priority signing this summer as they bolster their squad ready for a Champions League onslaught next term.

Should a deal between the two clubs be completed, the classy player will join former team-mate Harry Kewell in Istanbul, with the Australian completing his own controversial move to Galatasaray earlier this month.

Will Wood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)