Xabi Alonso (31 Viewers)

After the Poulsen signing, will Secco, Blanc and cie still buy Xabi Alonso?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Well yes, but we were also a much stronger side in terms of quality then... We seriously need creative mid/winger as soon as. Giovinco and Camo wont be enough.
That's why I think you guys almost have to go with a 4-3-Something. There is way too much talent in the striker department to leave guys sitting out.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Hm maybe but I dont think thats the answer. Over relying on one type of formation wont help, we will become so predictable and really we need more creativity if we are to see ourselfs getting anywhere this season. That way Ranieri can play a host of formations and do his 'tinkering'. Although must admit, I really am doubting what his capable of.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Hm maybe but I dont think thats the answer. Over relying on one type of formation wont help, we will become so predictable and really we need more creativity if we are to see ourselfs getting anywhere this season. That way Ranieri can play a host of formations and do his 'tinkering'. Although must admit, I really am doubting what his capable of.
Bottom line. You guys have to get you're best talent on the field. Most of you're talent lies in Trez, DP, Amauri and Iaquinta. That's really too much talent to have two of those guys sitting on the bench.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
So if all goes "well", Juventus will have a central midfield consisting of Xabi Alonso, Momo Sissoko, Poulsen, and Billy Zanetti plus Tiago. That really isn't too bad, though it seems someone will be left out. Even if you guys don't get Xabi that's still Sissoko, Poulsen, Zanetti and Tiago. Still not too shabby, less creativity but a whole lot of strength.
Tiago is quite likely to be sold even now without us getting Poulsen and Xabi, he wont be around at all if both of those gents come.

But the predicament you pointed out is still the same, except you exchange Tiago with Marchisio there, quite crowded with 5 DMs/CMs. And yeah, said in earlier posts that quite alot of depth, and it may be explained by Ranieri playing on 4-3-3, 3 of the 5 playing, and two on the bench. But who knows what the heck he is planning, and even that is doubtful because in that formation, it would mean Nedved and Camo who both be on the bench. Which is unlikely.

Again, if really do get Xabi (and keep all the above mids=, which I surely hope, then one truly doesnt know fuck all about what Ranieri is cooking. Dude is a weirdo. Cant even start to analyze his plans, if all of the above speculation occurs (we would have too stacked of attack, a too stacked central mid).

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Im gonna make a lot of people stare at me when I say, Xabi is not our only solution, or rather the solution. Infact i would be more than happy if we went and got some south amarican prodigy who does the job better, I wont bring a list or something but really some guys here seem to think its Xabi or nothing. Infact I really hope we dont get him, I dont want us to go spending a massive amount of our money on him, especially with what Liverpool are valuing him at.

memo

Nov 18, 2005
Im gonna make a lot of people stare at me when I say, Xabi is not our only solution, or rather the solution. Infact i would be more than happy if we went and got some south amarican prodigy who does the job better, I wont bring a list or something but really some guys here seem to think its Xabi or nothing. Infact I really hope we dont get him, I dont want us to go spending a massive amount of our money on him, especially with what Liverpool are valuing him at.
agreeee agreeeeeeeeee

pleople is obsesed with xabi

JuveYank

Juve Ultra :D
Jun 29, 2008
Your South American prodigy is Thiago Neves! That kid kicks ass! Did any of you guys watch the Copa Libertadores? I dont know if Copa Libertadores shows in Europe but this kid plays for Fluminese and he scored a hat-trick in the final. He is one of the most popular Brazilian talents at the moment. If i was Secco he would be my number one target!

Here are some videos-

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LJxV63xt8IM

All three goals for Flu are from Thiago Neves

http://youtube.com/watch?v=L26umwZME8g

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Your South American prodigy is Thiago Neves! That kid kicks ass! Did any of you guys watch the Copa Libertadores? I dont know if Copa Libertadores shows in Europe but this kid plays for Fluminese and he scored a hat-trick in the final. He is one of the most popular Brazilian talents at the moment. If i was Secco he would be my number one target!

Here are some videos-

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LJxV63xt8IM

All three goals for Flu are from Thiago Neves

http://youtube.com/watch?v=L26umwZME8g
:tup: Looks and sounds like a prodigy alrite, but its all just wishful thinking, he will proberly end up at man u, real etc. I think even spartak moscow have a better chance of snapping him up than us. Chances of you mutating into a secco are bigger than the real secco actually buying him.

JuveYank

Jun 29, 2008
:tup: Looks and sounds like a prodigy alrite, but its all just wishful thinking, he will proberly end up at man u, real etc. I think even spartak moscow have a better chance of snapping him up than us. Chances of you mutating into a secco are bigger than the real secco actually buying him.
Barca are about to make an approach so the news says :(. He is a talent alright! I wish i could take Secco's job he is a stupid ass.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
If Alonso doesnt join then Nedved has to either get back to his best form from a few seasons ago to play the way he did under Lippi and help this side attack and link the midfields to the forwards, OR, Giovinco has to step up straight away the same way Del Piero did when he was young.

I'm not confident of either happening to be honest, Nedved is old and can be important for us, but not the key, and Giovinco needs another season to be significant for this team.

JuveYank

Jun 29, 2008
If Alonso doesnt join then Nedved has to either get back to his best form from a few seasons ago to play the way he did under Lippi and help this side attack and link the midfields to the forwards, OR, Giovinco has to step up straight away the same way Del Piero did when he was young.

I'm not confident of either happening to be honest, Nedved is old and can be important for us, but not the key, and Giovinco needs another season to be significant for this team.
I think Gio will prove you wrong! Just watch! He is the heir to Del Piero's throne! :bow:

natedizzle89

Jan 11, 2006
I was looking at some stats last season and Giovinco had 84 fouls suffered from just 20 starts, Del piero had 111 the whole season! Starting like 36 games. If Gio starts the opponents are gonna be riddled with freekicks all around their box. Which means we need to work on our set pieces for next season! Trez is gonna score 20 goals with his head next season, watch!;)

Mafia

Pinturicchio
Jul 21, 2006
I was looking at some stats last season and Giovinco had 84 fouls suffered from just 20 starts, Del piero had 111 the whole season! Starting like 36 games. If Gio starts the opponents are gonna be riddled with freekicks all around their box. Which means we need to work on our set pieces for next season! Trez is gonna score 20 goals with his head next season, watch!;)
more like Del Piero would score 10 free kicks

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Barry's had a pretty good last couple of seasons but he is still worth way less than 18 mil. What's up with the rumors of Arsenal poaching him for player plus cash?

I dont know if our interest is true or just pure rumors..tbh i think he'd be a good signing for us, he'd be perfect foil for Cesc, and he's at his peak already, but for 18M?? not a chance in hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)