Xabi Alonso (3 Viewers)

After the Poulsen signing, will Secco, Blanc and cie still buy Xabi Alonso?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
What makes you sure we're going to loan him out?Lazio wants him for a while now and I really doubt he's going to stay.
if we get Poulsen AND Xabi then one of Marchisio or Zanetti will leave. The 1st on loan for sure. You can't sell Marchisio. Maybe Zanetti + $$$ to Bayern and Schweinsteiger in return? :p

Forget Stendardo, we took Knezevic. De Silvestri is the guy we want.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
He is staying for sure if we get one of them, but if both Xabi AND Poulsen comes, then sadly its unsure times for Marchisio. Which is why Poulsen totally useless and baffling signing.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Thanks.

:beer:

EDIT: I hope Marchisio is not going to Lazio in exchange for Stendardo
Dusan, i think now that we have got knezevic the stendardo boat has passed. I am still worried though that marchisio might end up playing somewhere else. Personally I think he will because his return to juve was a really low key announcement, just as to say he might not be back for long.

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
Xabi Alonso. Liverpool latest.

Benitez has sold Crouch for 10m to Portsmouth but now would like to complete on both Gareth Barry and David Silva. He will still need extra sale proceeds as Silva will cost £20m or more.

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
the evidence is against us people... EVERYTHING points to a signing of poulsen for the day of tomorrow (today agreement with seviglia, tomorrow player-contract).
Now i don't want to get too much into this "Poulsen is bad"-thing but fact is, we were promised 3 'campioni' in every department (forward, midfield, defense) and what happens? Barring Amauri we end up with Knezevic (we won the bid against torino woohooo) and Poulsen. On the other hand, we give away a lot of 'good stuff' (palladino, nocerino, lanzafame, ...) This is not a mercato of someone who wants to win serie-a or anything. I see that we're in no position to sign a quaresma or something, and i don't even want our board to do so, but come on. We literally got Xabi in our hands (he said it, remember), and now it slips because we get poulsen for half the price. Poulsen is the exact copy of sissoko, maybe with a bit better passing, but with less sympathetic character. That's it; No use talking of technique or something, that guy is a pure destroyer, and an unfair one too. What shall we do with him? play him alongside with sissoko? Who are they going to pass the ball to when the next person in front of them will be a del piero who's waiting 30m ahead? This won't work out... I'm pretty sure of this. I won't deny that poulsen is a fighter, but that's NOT what we need. We don't need a DM, we don't need another destroyer. We have sissoko, and as a backup we have zanetti. There's absolutely no need for a 10mio bench-player when we have so many 'weaker' spots to cover.

Xabi may not be the solution to all of our problems. (i think he's being a bit overrated with all the enthusiasm going on on the forum here) but xabi would have been someone very professional who could have covered just that spot we needed to fill (between sissoko and our strikers). Indeed we're going for the cheap alternative. I'm pretty disappointed. Because i'm pretty sure that we won't sign any other player by now. If we didn't have the cash for xabi now, we surely don't have it after we threw away those 10 millions for poulsen.

Our Prestige just dropped a few points if you ask me. Poulsen is not a juve-player. I hope someone brings the message to our board - they should know that they signed the wrong one. I read in the vecchiasignora forum that they're planning to hang out a message in pinzolo and i really hope they're doing it. I don't mean to be the pessimist but poulsen surely is not what juve fans are expecting.

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
Vimo, you are right, and as i said earlier, we might get Stankovic and Poulsen instead of Alonso thanks to Blanc and Sicko...

This will piss everyone in stands and at home..This is piss take..

Both players we could end up would be bench warmers..

So Tiago and Almiron must go....

what the fuck happen with WC players??? And surprise player???

where is LB? de cegle / molinaro...hm

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
if THIS is what we're aiming at, then i'd opt for keeping tiago. And i'm serious; i've not lost faith in him because ranieri and the players keep saying that he's a good player (last one was amauri to say it). I'd have preferred keeping nocerino instead of poulsen. If he's to be a starter (maybe instead of sissoko, who knows) i wonder how many games we'll finish with 11 men on the pitch.
Blanc was to 'surprise us all' (word of cobolli); Well he did, by screwing up our mercato. I don't see how our midfield could possibly work; too many question marks if you ask me (can giovinco replace nedved? can poulsen adapt to serie a? can tiago, or someone, act as a CM? what's up with marchisio? ... )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)