Xabi Alonso (2 Viewers)

After the Poulsen signing, will Secco, Blanc and cie still buy Xabi Alonso?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Momo attack oriented? No, not really.

In most teams in Europe Momo-Fabregas would make a much better partnership than Xabi-momo. However, it's different at Juve. We need the utmost solidity in our midfield because of our relatively weak defense. We can't afford to get caught on the break like some other teams in Europe can. We need two destroyers in the middle, one of them being more creative in the other.

Xabi Alonso perfectly fits the bill more than any other player.
If you want to think about it, use the Spanish national team as an analogy. All offensive CM players must play with Senna, a defensive mid. Xavi and Xabi both play much better with Senna than Cesc.

If you notice, whenever Fabregas comes off the bench for Spain he generally doesn't do much, but he had an immense season at Arsenal, and is good a penalties, which makes sense why Aragones keeps giving him chances. I don't know how this translates to club football, as Fabregas does better next to Gilbero Silva, though Silva is far more offensively talented that Sissoko and Senna.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Fabregas is a monster of a player regardless if he is Arsenal player or not, I'll tell you that. I think that guy would be class anywhere.

Rosicky, Gallas, Hleb and Eduardo too.

For Flamini we will see this season, Adebayor also if he joins AC Milan. Other guys have plenty of proving to do but they mainly because they are very young and not internationally recognised.
You have to admit, Arsenal's quick passing game really takes the pressure off young players. But I agree Fabregas is pure talent, he can play anywhere given time to adjust to a new game.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Still, you can't say players like Overmars, Bergkamp, Pires, Ljungberg etc. were great just because they played for Arsenal.
Exactly. Especially Pires, who played great in 3 different leagues and is playing some great football at Villareal despite his age.

Ljungberg and Overmars pretty much left Arsenal when they were past their best and it is not their quality in question but rather their age when they started playing in another club.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
If you want to think about it, use the Spanish national team as an analogy. All offensive CM players must play with Senna, a defensive mid. Xavi and Xabi both play much better with Senna than Cesc.

If you notice, whenever Fabregas comes off the bench for Spain he generally doesn't do much, but he had an immense season at Arsenal, and is good a penalties, which makes sense why Aragones keeps giving him chances. I don't know how this translates to club football, as Fabregas does better next to Gilbero Silva, though Silva is far more offensively talented that Sissoko and Senna.
He makes them look better even if he isn`t the one who gives the last pass
He performes like an organizer and you could really see it in the Spain - Italy game where Xavi didn`t do anything and then Fab came on instead and immediately bossed the spain midfield making them a lot better
When Xavi was on the match was pretty even
When Fabregas came in for Xavi, Spain played better than Italy

neurosis21

Jun 22, 2004
He performes like an organizer and you could really see it in the Spain - Italy game where Xavi didn`t do anything and then Fab came on instead and immediately bossed the spain midfield making them a lot better
they have different roles in the NT,fabregas is more or less an organizer/playmaker while xavi is supporting the attackers,he will get the ball and carry it towards the attack.
fabregas gets the ball and passes it around

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
I think it's time I put him in my avatar so we can finally get some light shed on this transfer no matter what the outcome is.

please discuss

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
they have different roles in the NT,fabregas is more or less an organizer/playmaker while xavi is supporting the attackers,he will get the ball and carry it towards the attack.
fabregas gets the ball and passes it around
OK but that doesnt change the fact that Fab delivers in spain too

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005

Which is why Senna may just end up with us soon.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Why?

Do you mean instead of Xabi? Because Senna is a DM that works well with a creative player like Xavi or Cesc because its more balanced. We already have the dm set with Momo, so what we need to balance it is the creative player.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
:D u're right on this, the thing is I always had doubts about arsenal players (believe me i have absalutely nothing against the club infact i respect them more than any other english club). But u never know how good their players R. I've watched arsenal play before the wenger era and they were fighting with mid-table teams for a spot in europe (uefa cup at best) but ever since arsene wenger took over that club the mentality of the club changed soo much (i remember in 95 they were 7th or 8th in the league were the very next season they were 3rd in the league "and not many players have changed in both teams !!).

Players like anelka was labelled as one of the best strikers in the game when he was with arsenal and he failed big time with madrid (not just him but rather majority of arsenal players). Not saying that arsenal don't have quality players, but with arsenal its always a risk to buy their players.

Alonso is a proven player not just with liverpool but even with Sociedad. The guy was one of the best players in spain that year when he moved to england (so we can have a guranteed WC here). Fabregas is a great player but i believe that he's a big risk signing and we bitter stay away from such players.
I agree with almost everything in your post, i even agree to an extent about your theory on Arsenal players. But imo players like Cesc, Van Persie and Clichy are quality players without a doubt.

hmm only-juve does have a point...nobody who has left Arsenal has ever really done well in another team....
Reyes Henry Pennant Anelka Overmars and Vieira (still not quite at his best) come to mind...Arsene Wenger probably did some voodoo on them for leaving him :p
Henry, Overmars and Vieira were way past it when they left Arsenal. Pennant was never a good player to begin with anyway.

Thats true, the same in the Russia game, Cesc was more influential than Xavi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)