Xabi Alonso (29 Viewers)

After the Poulsen signing, will Secco, Blanc and cie still buy Xabi Alonso?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dao_nq

Feb 6, 2008
I feel a lot confusing and depressed when someone claim a player is the best in the world, except some great great players which almost everyone agree. For example, Fabregas is the best, De Rossi is the best....etc. I don't want to offend anyone but those statements are quite premature and unreasoned.

Players even in the same position have different advantages and disadvantages. The point is coaches have different systems and they pick players to fit these. So IMO, Fabregas and Alonso have different style of play and it's quite pointless to compare them.

With Ranieri's system, I believe Alonso will be fitter than Cesc. Alonso is more defensive, play long ball and slow pace, while Cesc is more offensive, faster pace. Additionally, Alonso seems more physical, therefore, he's better for Juve.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Mar 3, 2008
So if we had the chance to take Fab in the same price of Xabi we should say thanks but no thanks??? This is BS, Fabregas with Sissoko is much balanced than Xabi and Sissoko. Besides the difference in quality between the 2 is very big

dao_nq

Feb 6, 2008
This is BS, Fabregas with Sissoko is much balanced than Xabi and Sissoko.

I think this statement is your opinion, so this is BS. Both Sissoko and Cesc Fabregas are attack-oriented midfield. I remember one said before that this is the reason why Rafa Benitez sold Sissoko to Juve, because he prefer defensive midfielders like Mascherano or Alonso.

Second, Fabregas is not available right now. It's quite pointless to talk about Cesc. He's just simply out of touch.

Finally, I made my point in previous post that Ranieri prefers Alonso to Fabregas.

Mar 3, 2008
This is BS, Fabregas with Sissoko is much balanced than Xabi and Sissoko.

I think this statement is your opinion, so this is BS. Both Sissoko and Cesc Fabregas are attack-oriented midfield. I remember one said before that this is the reason why Rafa Benitez sold Sissoko to Juve, because he prefer defensive midfielders like Mascherano or Alonso.

Second, Fabregas is not available right now. It's quite pointless to talk about Cesc. He's just simply out of touch.

Finally, I made my point in previous post that Ranieri prefer Alonso to Fabregas.
Sissoko is not attack oriented, he's supposed to be a box-to-box, but he does most running in his team's box which makes him more of a defensive midfielder

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
I don't really think Farbregas is a better player than Xabi...Cesc gets a lot more press and Xabi is of course not 1st choice at his club...but skill wise they are both at a very high level and not far apart

Jun 13, 2007
Momo attack oriented? No, not really.

In most teams in Europe Momo-Fabregas would make a much better partnership than Xabi-momo. However, it's different at Juve. We need the utmost solidity in our midfield because of our relatively weak defense. We can't afford to get caught on the break like some other teams in Europe can. We need two destroyers in the middle, one of them being more creative in the other.

Xabi Alonso perfectly fits the bill more than any other player.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
it's still a risk...sure Momo was brilliant in the big matches, but he was also quite rash and downright terrible in other games...thankfully we have Zanetti to fill that void if there are problems

nucleo21

THE HUNTER
Apr 1, 2007
It looks that Xabi ask something Camoranesi. What do you think.
:weee: :flag2:
I think that he will play for us. If anybody has see the match between Greece and Spain might see the class of Xabi Alonso, what assists what passes didn t lose just one ball. Classy player.

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
Momo attack oriented? No, not really.

In most teams in Europe Momo-Fabregas would make a much better partnership than Xabi-momo. However, it's different at Juve. We need the utmost solidity in our midfield because of our relatively weak defense. We can't afford to get caught on the break like some other teams in Europe can. We need two destroyers in the middle, one of them being more creative in the other.

Xabi Alonso perfectly fits the bill more than any other player.
it is true, but also any of them would be great improvement for us..
also as you pointed out we need CL class LB and i say RB as well..

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
I actually know what he's going to say. He's going to tell us how Arsenal players are actually no good, but Wenger molds them into a system where they all look good. There is some truth to it, but Juve_only is making it sound like players like Cesc, Clichy and Van Persie are not so good players, which is not true, they are fantastic talents.
:D u're right on this, the thing is I always had doubts about arsenal players (believe me i have absalutely nothing against the club infact i respect them more than any other english club). But u never know how good their players R. I've watched arsenal play before the wenger era and they were fighting with mid-table teams for a spot in europe (uefa cup at best) but ever since arsene wenger took over that club the mentality of the club changed soo much (i remember in 95 they were 7th or 8th in the league were the very next season they were 3rd in the league "and not many players have changed in both teams !!).

Players like anelka was labelled as one of the best strikers in the game when he was with arsenal and he failed big time with madrid (not just him but rather majority of arsenal players). Not saying that arsenal don't have quality players, but with arsenal its always a risk to buy their players.

Alonso is a proven player not just with liverpool but even with Sociedad. The guy was one of the best players in spain that year when he moved to england (so we can have a guranteed WC here). Fabregas is a great player but i believe that he's a big risk signing and we bitter stay away from such players.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
hmm only-juve does have a point...nobody who has left Arsenal has ever really done well in another team....
Reyes Henry Pennant Anelka Overmars and Vieira (still not quite at his best) come to mind...Arsene Wenger probably did some voodoo on them for leaving him :p

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
hmm only-juve does have a point...nobody who has left Arsenal has ever really done well in another team....
Reyes Henry Pennant Anelka Overmars and Vieira (still not quite at his best) come to mind...Arsene Wenger probably did some voodoo on them for leaving him :p
Henry, Overmars and Vieira were all past their peak already. Henry in particular hasn't settled well at Barca, and doesn't seem to fit their style of play especially well. Anelka left with a huge reputation and a bigger ego. Anything he did afterwards was undressed of hype and hindered by his attitude. Pennant was a decent youth player who made a solid name for himself (and a solid arrest record too, unless I'm mixing up former Arsenal youth players) before moving on again to Liverpool. He's hardly been a player in decline. That leaves Reyes, who I haven't seen much of since he left Arsenal.

Arsenal play in a particular way in a league with a distinct style from those of Italy or Spain. It's hardly a surprise that a couple of aging stars have failed to find their best form after a move. It's hardly a bad omen. Style of play has a huge impact too. Fabregas, who's amazing for Arsenal, looks lost playing for Spain. He's in a different role playing a different style of football.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
So if we had the chance to take Fab in the same price of Xabi we should say thanks but no thanks??? This is BS, Fabregas with Sissoko is much balanced than Xabi and Sissoko. Besides the difference in quality between the 2 is very big
Do you think anyone could get Cesc for less that 20 million euros? If you do, you need to do a reality check.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Fabregas is a monster of a player regardless if he is Arsenal player or not, I'll tell you that. I think that guy would be class anywhere.

Rosicky, Gallas, Hleb and Eduardo too.

For Flamini we will see this season, Adebayor also if he joins AC Milan. Other guys have plenty of proving to do but they mainly because they are very young and not internationally recognised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)