Xabi Alonso (15 Viewers)

After the Poulsen signing, will Secco, Blanc and cie still buy Xabi Alonso?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I don`t think Liverpool executives are going to raise their asking price for Xabi as they want to sign Barry and they know Juve are not Chelsea or Madrid who splashes money without even caring
the question is: Are we going to meet Liverpool`s current asking price

Jun 13, 2007
I think Liverpool may just settle for something a little less than they're asking for, and I don't see why we shouldn't splash a little more money in the transfer market. I think signing Xabi would almost complete our team, we're covered in every area right now except the fullbacks' positions.

If we manage to sign Grosso as well, I think Juve would be a very strong contender for both the C.L and Scudetto. Our right back position is not in dire need of improvement as in the left, I think Grygera is good enough and so is Zebina.

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
I think Liverpool may just settle for something a little less than they're asking for, and I don't see why we shouldn't splash a little more money in the transfer market. I think signing Xabi would almost complete our team, we're covered in every area right now except the fullbacks' positions.

If we manage to sign Grosso as well, I think Juve would be a very strong contender for both the C.L and Scudetto. Our right back position is not in dire need of improvement as in the left, I think Grygera is good enough and so is Zebina.
as for pool, i agree. I highly doubt there are other clubs competing for xabi and the press is saying that those 2,5 mio difference will be covered through sponsorings and CL-Bonuses.

As for your second thought, i doubt we are strong enough for winning the CL. It seems a bit out of reach when i see what's going on with the other clubs. If Inter for example signs Lampard they'll have a tough team... It's clear that we should aim for the best in both competitions, but i'd prefer delivering a good serie-a first, before we aim definately for the CL... one more year of 'rebuilding' (because amauri and xabi alonso are great but not 'lampard-like' signings) and then we'll be in europe's elite again.

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006
as for pool, i agree. I highly doubt there are other clubs competing for xabi and the press is saying that those 2,5 mio difference will be covered through sponsorings and CL-Bonuses.

As for your second thought, i doubt we are strong enough for winning the CL. It seems a bit out of reach when i see what's going on with the other clubs. If Inter for example signs Lampard they'll have a tough team... It's clear that we should aim for the best in both competitions, but i'd prefer delivering a good serie-a first, before we aim definately for the CL... one more year of 'rebuilding' (because amauri and xabi alonso are great but not 'lampard-like' signings) and then we'll be in europe's elite again.
Man come on, lampard is overated. Alonso is better than him besides lampard will go inter what will he achieve there? :S

We can win the cl next year, were fucking juventus. You never count us out.

We just need some good signings, amauri melberg and alonso are going to be amazing. Another solid defender and were set.

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Xabi Alonso is planning for next season with Liverpool, but admits his situation is subject to change.

Spain midfielder Alonso, currently at Euro 2008, has been strongly linked with a summer transfer to Serie A side Juventus.

Alonso struggled for regular first-team football at Anfield last term, and the potential arrival of Gareth Barry could further restrict his opportunities.

The 26-year-old is refusing to speculate on the rumours, and has reiterated that he is still contracted to Liverpool.

At the moment

Asked where he would be playing next season, he said: "At the moment, Liverpool.

"It's something that I am apart from now, I am totally focusing on the European Championships and whatever happens at Liverpool you will have to ask the club.

"I haven't been told anything so far, so my plans are to start next season with Liverpool if there is not a change."

Sky Sports

Should we be worried? :nervous:

Fellas

Farsopoli
Jun 13, 2005
yes and no, Cobolli said nothing is done yet.

I think they're bluffing this time.
Hope he comes. The weird thing is that a few days ago they said it was a done deal ( between the clubs) now it isen't.

I believe it still lacks some details, so our board doesen't want to say to much yet.

But they were more honest with the Amauri deal, always said how far we was in the negotations.

Now they are more silence :crazy:

Pleaze Calm me down MARK ;) ?

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Because Xabi plays for a big tme club who can make some demands. Getting Amauri from Palermo was set in stone, because they are a smaller club the player himself eagerly wanted to leave. It was quite easy to be upfront and honest in that deal, because it wasnt hard to broker the deal.

And no, there arent any reasons to worry, there is no way the deal can be done while the tourno is on the way, and what Xabi says is the automatic and diplomatic stuff a player says just before they are leaving. Pretty good signs for him leaving either way.

Fellas

Farsopoli
Jun 13, 2005
Because Xabi plays for a big tme club who can make some demands. Getting Amauri from Palermo was set in stone, because they are a smaller club the player himself eagerly wanted to leave. It was quite easy to be upfront and honest in that deal, because it wasnt hard to broker the deal.

And no, there arent any reasons to worry, there is no way the deal can be done while the tourno is on the way, and what Xabi says is the automatic and diplomatic stuff a player says just before they are leaving. Pretty good signs for him leaving either way.
Yes I agree. Im just nervous cause I really want to se Xabi in Juve.

I feel confident that a deal will be made.

Are you going to Copenhagen to se bröndby-Juve?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)