Xabi Alonso (8 Viewers)

After the Poulsen signing, will Secco, Blanc and cie still buy Xabi Alonso?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
a sick team??

a team which came out of relegation and finished 3rd and maybe cud have easily being better for a few contraversial decisions;
when out transfers didn't work yet we managed pretty success
A SICK TEAM ??
Do not know that calling something sick can also mean that it is a good thing? like as in thats class or awesome or "hey man your wheels are sick!" ;)

Buy on AliExpress.com

Mafia

Pinturicchio
Jul 21, 2006
a sick team??

a team which came out of relegation and finished 3rd and maybe cud have easily being better for a few contraversial decisions;
when out transfers didn't work yet we managed pretty success
A SICK TEAM ??
Lol hey man, i love ur passion for defending Juve IF i was dissing the team. But in this case i was using the word sick to mean cool. An example would be telling a guy his car looks cool by saying "thats a sick ride man."

So i definetely wasnt dissing Juve, i was saying if we got a couple defenders our team would be looking pretty sweet :p.

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
Lol hey man, i love ur passion for defending Juve IF i was dissing the team. But in this case i was using the word sick to mean cool. An example would be telling a guy his car looks cool by saying "thats a sick ride man."

So i definetely wasnt dissing Juve, i was saying if we got a couple defenders our team would be looking pretty sweet :p.
:rofl: :rofl:

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
We won`t be signing both Xabi and Aquilani
Altough Aquilani is the better player we will end up with Xabi as Roma won`t sell Aquilani

and second thing even if Roma would be willing to sell us Aquilani then we would buy Aquilani and forget about Xabi...

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
the reason why it's taking so long to sign alonso is Liverpool want 16mil straight away so they can pay off for signing barry. We want to give them 16mil but over a 3 year plan

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
the reason why it's taking so long to sign alonso is Liverpool want 16mil straight away so they can pay off for signing barry. We want to give them 16mil but over a 3 year plan
So do we have the money or not? It's like FIFA should impose margin accounts on the transfer market a la commodity exchanges.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
If the problem is financial (thou I don't think so), then bringing Amauri wasn't necessary at all. I know Ranieri isn't going to play with 3 attackers, Amauri, Trezeguet, Iaquinta and Del Piero plus Palladino and maybe even Giovinco, 6 players for two spots is a lot. 23 Million Euros is gone, while we need to improve the team in other areas, midfield and defense.. But If we really are going to play with 3 attackers, then that's is understandable.

Another possibility is replacing an attacker, If the issue here is to replace one of the attackers, then I guess it is either Iaquinta or Trezeguet. Both of them are possible if you "believe" what papers say, Trezeguet is a world class player, he scores wonderful goals and 20 goals he scored this year was very good, but we can't deny the fact that he is not a hard worker like Iaquinta or Del Piero, when he isn't on his day, we play like with 10 player-team, he is almost 31 and if the rumors are true, that we could get 25 million, then we just need to accept the offer, BUT, our attack will definitely get weaker without him, because Amauri isn't the type of player to replace Trezeguet, Huntelaar or Benzema would have been the right choice. Like I said, Amauri wasn't needed at all, unless if you bring him and on of the two players I mentioned, and sell Iaquinta and Trezeguet at the same time, which is radical change and has a very big risk to work on in a short period.

I am not criticizing the board for the sake of it, I just don't understand what the fuck they are trying to do. If they will play with 3 attacker, then I guess we will also play with 3 midfielders, then let's say we will sign Alonso, which isn't a rumor, then 2 spots left, the one goes definitely to Camoranesi and the other goes to Sissoko I guess. with leaving Nedved, Giovinco, Marchisio?, Zanetti on bench including other crappy players Almiron, Tiago, Brazzo etc..

Last possibility left, which is the loveliest one, is if we are going to play with 3-4-3. I would worship them if that is the plan, because we don't have good full backs (except Zebina and Chiellini, but we know Chiellini will be used at center), and adding one great center back next to Chiellini and Andrade/Legrotaglie would be wonderful.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Or maybe we'll be using all 3 formations, depending on the opponent and on the result.
In that case we need all the players you mentioned.

Hard to believe this, though.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I don't know.

He is the tinkerman after all.

Maybe next season we will actually have enough good players for him to feel able to tinker.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Or maybe we'll be using all 3 formations, depending on the opponent and on the result.
In that case we need all the players you mentioned.

Hard to believe this, though.
switching these 3 formations is very risky and would cause a chaos imo, even if it isn't, you will need a lot of players for that, and some of them couldn't be used in one or two of these systems. If I am not mistaken, we only played two systems last year, 4-4-2 mostly and 4-3-3. Playing with 3 center defenders is totally different system if you compare with the other two, without full backs the game changes a lot. I love 3-man defense because first of all it makes the defenders do their job, which is "to defend" and let the midfielders create the attack which is safer defensive wise, when you have Giovinco, Nedved and Camoranesi, and when you add one of X.Alonso or Aquilani, then all the problem is solved, but yeah, I don't believe it neither, it's too good to be true..

I don't know.

He is the tinkerman after all.

Maybe next season we will actually have enough good players for him to feel able to tinker.
I really hope he is the one asking these players, and not the board who is forcing him to play with these.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)