wow prandelli goes to roma (1 Viewer)

Aug 1, 2003
I didn't say they would blindly follow him or anything; it's just that a friend of mine told me he read the rumour that ferrari and gilardino would follow the same path to roma, besides who are we to know or judge what they want or not want, things could happen you know. I was just making sure if I could really trust this rumour.

Buy on AliExpress.com

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
why does everyone suddenly think that just because a coach goes to a certain club he will take players with him ?

In Capellos case, Zebina's contract was up with Roma and hence he decided to choose Juve.

Emerson may arrive but Juve have to pay for him.

Similarly, Roma will have to shell out big bucks for Gilardino and Ferrari if they want to get them. Juve can easily match anything Roma offers for Gilardino and even more. Juve also have a lot more quality youth players who can be loaned to Parma as they are going to be short on players.

I think you guys are getting carried away due to the whole Mourinho saga.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
++ [ originally posted by IceBlu ] ++
why does everyone suddenly think that just because a coach goes to a certain club he will take players with him ?

In Capellos case, Zebina's contract was up with Roma and hence he decided to choose Juve.

Emerson may arrive but Juve have to pay for him.

Similarly, Roma will have to shell out big bucks for Gilardino and Ferrari if they want to get them. Juve can easily match anything Roma offers for Gilardino and even more. Juve also have a lot more quality youth players who can be loaned to Parma as they are going to be short on players.

I think you guys are getting carried away due to the whole Mourinho saga.
:thumb:

Aug 1, 2003
true that yash; and no one is claiming for sure ferrari or gila would come to roma or juve or whoever it is; but the rumours are going stronger. as we could match roma; roma also could match us I think though we have the upper hand. in the end it comes down to the players really. I just hope they make the right choice by joining Juventus.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Do any of yall think Roma has actually benefitted by this move, more than Juve have?
i.e Prandelli going to Roma? Cap to JUVE?

Geof

May 14, 2004
No.
We get a great coach who has proven he could handle coaching top clubs (Milan, Real, Roma ... no comment.).
Roma get a good coach.

Capello is (I think) better than Prandelli, but football is no science, so I guess will have to wait and see

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by barkuss ] ++
I think that Moggi knew he gonna sign Cap way before it happend. Thats why we signed Zebina and negotiated with Emerson...
that's what i think too.hopefully emerson does come.

Aug 1, 2003
in terms of coaches I would DEFINITELY have Capello over Prandelli as Juve's new coach; but we cannot say who has the upper hand in the whole situation until everything's confirmed... rumours bout gilardino to roma might be just that; rumours.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
yep.they can't afford gilardino to begin with,unless sensi spends from his own pocket,which wouldn't be a very clever thing to do.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
The only thing Roma have going their way is that Ferro and Gila may be tempted to join them since Prandelli is there now, but I'm pretty sure that they won't get Ferrari AND Mexes, so that leaves the door open for us to snatch up at least one of them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)